Forums

Help › Forums

Has anyone on WGT achieved all the awards?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 4 2011 3:30 PM (26 replies)
  • robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2011 11:30 PM

Would like to know who within the WGT organisation set these targets and are they still employed?WTAF!

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 11:15 AM

tiffer67:

I am a mere 631 away from the diamond Ham & Egg award, Yoban has already got it :)

Hi Tiffer,

Congrats for that!

Yes this is possible. This is why I wrote that those two awards are possible to get, you "just" have to play long enough. In your case, with a simple linear extrapolation, you should get the diamond Ham & Egg award after roughly 5500 ranked rounds, not a small number :). 

In my case, I should get it after 6640 ranked rounds. In 8 months, playing everyday, I have 881 ranked rounds, which means 110 per month. So I will get 6640 rounds after playing during 60 months = 5 years. So playing 5 years to get an award it's very very long :).

I am not surprised that Yoban got it already :) .

Regards

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 2:02 PM

Well, Fester, there's a modest, stripped-down version of this game. Stick with a decent set of clubs for ages (old Pings) and play the 'tween ball (GI-SD). No wagering.

(Goes w/o saying nothing doing at El Rabo del Sol.)

• Bidi
    1,948 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 3:21 PM

zagraniczniak:
    Choke relief: not only do you have to make par after hitting your drive less than 100 yards, but first, obviously, you have to hit your drive less than 100 yards.

At the moment i'm at 207!

you can won this award also by sunking the tap-in with the driver! but for that reason i never won the yips...

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 3:32 PM

Bidi, that is brilliant! So you don't have to drive your driver?

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 4:50 PM

Bidi:

zagraniczniak:
    Choke relief: not only do you have to make par after hitting your drive less than 100 yards, but first, obviously, you have to hit your drive less than 100 yards.

At the moment i'm at 207!

you can won this award also by sunking the tap-in with the driver! but for that reason i never won the yips...

you know when guys do that for some unknown reason it's always made me just giggle and now to come to find out it's good for the game is even funnier...... too cool. Thanks for sharing that little facts =)

Edited cuz Bootsie needs 1-800-hooked on phonics for spelling lol

• Bidi
    1,948 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 9:51 PM

zagraniczniak:
    So you don't have to drive your driver?

LOL...no you don't!

• Bidi
    1,948 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 11:00 PM

Bootsnbra:
    Thanks for sharing that little facts =)

no prob Bootsie.... just practice it a little bit... i Punch the driver with about 1-2ft power!

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2011 3:16 AM

Thanks again, Bidi. I've just chalked up a couple of Choke Relief points. It works reliably with punching the driver, just barely above the minimum amount of power, up to about 18 inches.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2011 3:43 AM

Bidi:

zagraniczniak:
    So you don't have to drive your driver?

LOL...no you don't!

LOL, OK if one can trick the system, then one can perhaps get this award :) . Any other trick for hole in 1 or double eagle :) .

Regards. 

RSS