Forums

Help › Forums

Has anyone on WGT achieved all the awards?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 4 2011 3:30 PM (26 replies)
  • Bidi
    1,948 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2011 4:21 AM

genorb:
    LOL, OK if one can trick the system

Lol, is not a trick, a tap-in with the driver is a beautifoul way to release stress after a birdie putt that stop 3 inches from the hole...lol

unfortunately i don't know any trick for HIO or Double Eagle...

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2011 4:25 AM

Bidi:

a tap-in with the driver is a beautifoul way to release stress after a birdie putt that stop 3 inches from the hole...lol

Indeed, I never thought about that :) . I could give it a try, but first in practice rounds, I never tried to putt with a driver...

Regards

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2011 5:05 AM

Plus it gives your caddy a break, because you're already good to go for the next tee shot.

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 1:19 AM

If it counts as a drive, it doesn't count as a putt, right? So, does it keep yr putt stats low too? 

Yes... b/c Boots says guys do it often ("whenever I see... giggle")

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 1:34 AM

flaccus:
    If it counts as a drive, it doesn't count as a putt, right? So, does it keep yr putt stats low too? 

So, after completing a 9-hole control round at Kiawah, I am reporting back with my findings.

I took a total of 16 shots on the greens: 11 putts with the putter and 5 tap-ins using the punched driver (all were successful).

The "scorecard" for the round counted each of those strokes on the green as a putt. Total putts: 16.

The "stats" for the round counted as putts only the strokes on the green taken with the putter. Total putts: 11.

For purposes of categorization into putts-per-green, significantly, out of 9 holes I was credited with one-putts: 2, and two-putts: 2. The holes in which the tap-in was made using the punched driver were ignored for this purpose, suggesting that no putts at all were taken on those holes (like a "no-putt" hole, i.e. a hole-out from off the green).

I cross-checked for purposes of the Bottom of the Cup 9 Award. Thanks to this round, based on the stats figure of 11 total putts, I was indeed credited with an additional 9-hole round with 12 or fewer putts, moving my number from 143 such rounds to 144.

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 3:26 PM

zagraniczniak:
    I am reporting back with my findings.

Sensational! a truly enquiring mind! Thanks Zag.

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 3:30 PM

how come i didn't notice this till 9 days later? i didn't check the email me replies box. Sorry Zag, I'm just getting the hang of this forum stuff.

RSS