Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:14 PM

jbenny11:
    this puts a cramp on my already slim chances of qualifiying

No worries.  That's only 1 event out of 16 so still plenty of golf left to play.  Don't count yourself out just yet.   There's still over 40,000 points to be had. =)

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:41 AM
    Morning Niv, It seems that a lot of players were unable to participate in the 36 hole multiround....is that true?....I for one didn't realize that only so many entrants would be allowed in the tourny since I rarely play those (due to ready-gos). So what happens now? Thank-you for all your work on this by the way. -Boffmen
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:48 AM

The Free Multiround event is open to everyone Boff.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 11:25 AM

Niv, what is the lag time before we should expect to see our name on the weekly WMPL Leaderboards?  Will it show up immediately or is there pick and shovel work required? (0;\  

So you know, both 9 hole scores were submitted yesterday and accepted...these scores are listed on my profile page as well.

Joey

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 11:40 AM

I transfer the scores manually and yesterday wasn't the best day in nivlacland.  I'll have them all up before this evening and I apologize for the delay.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:29 PM

And we are up to date once again.  Thanks for your patience!

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:29 PM
    Niv let me word it another way...right now you have 40 scores posted for the multiround....compare that to the number of players in your tourney it would appear many did not get a chance to play the multiround event....I went to play round one but it stated that it was closed to new entries...I'm almost positive that round 2 had not begun...so it would appear that it was closed out after so many entries...I could be mistaken however. Thanks
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:33 PM

Ah, I think I'm with ya now.

WGT only allows us a 3 day window to complete the first round of these multis.  All Round 1 action must be completed before Round 2 can begin, so if you forget to register or forget to complete the first round before the 2nd round starts, you'll end up withdrawn from the entire tourney.  For the free multiround events, you'll need to make sure you sign up and play round 1 before Wednesday is out.

There's also the fact that there's always a small group of people that sign up for these community tourneys and forget about it.  That probably accounts for a few no-shows as well.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:55 PM

One thing to mention to about the Multiround WMPL Leaderboards is that they are sorted by the PAR column for now.  That makes life a little easier on me instead of having to shuffle everyone down a spot  every time someone completes their 2nd round.

Players who forget/fail to complete the second round will be moved to the bottom at the end of the week.  If you do not complete the 2nd round of a multi, you will be completely withdrawn from that event (and only that event) even if you posted a first round score.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:59 PM

Hello Nivlac,

I have made a late registration so i can start next week to try & qualify is that right ? or am i .too late ,

Gladstonescrewer

RSS