Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • Script
    621 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:03 AM

Hey niv...Thanks for the opportunity to participate.  Since I won't be posting for the last qualifying week,  please withdraw my name.  Thanks!   Going to be an interesting league and I intend to peek in and watch the progress. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 9:48 AM

I know I haven't posted any updated scores yet for this week.  Don't worry, I do have them so keep 'em coming in.  This week so far has been insanely busy IRL, so if for some reason I don't have them all up by the end of the day they'll be up by tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks for your patience!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:30 PM

Alright, I'm all caught up on the scores again.

As many of you may already know, tibbets has retired from WGT.  As a result he has been removed from the National Conference standings.  His points were not re-distributed because his participation in the league was valid from the beginning.  It would be the same as if a player left the tour mid-season due to an injury.  He would still keep his points earned for the year.

As a result, all National Conference players below the 5th spot will be happy to know they have moved up 1 position in the standings.  The player benefiting the most from this is JTxpress who steps up to claim that all-important 16th slot.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 9:50 AM

Last day to qualify everybody!  Make sure you get those last minute scores in before the 3:00AM EST deadline (about 13 hours from the time of this post).

After qualifying is over there will about a week's worth of downtime while I set the divisions, the schedule and get the league ready for opening day (Mon, Feb 8th).  I'll be contacting each player who qualifies during the next week to provide you with your divisional assignment and make sure there are no last minute questions.

Congratulations to all those who qualify today and for those that don't, thank you for playing and participating.  I hope many will return to try and qualify for next year's league!

The WMPL regular season begins in 8 days! =D

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 4:51 PM
    great job so far Niv, can't believe I might actually pull this off & at least qualify, lol.
  • cody6202000
    271 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 8:20 PM

nivlac, quick question; could you check out the National Single 18 and make sure the board's listed properly? There're 3 of us at 65, but one is in 6th while I and another are T7...usually wouldn't say too much, but I know this is gonna be a really close one and every point's probably going to matter =D Thanks!

Cody

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 9:57 PM

Check the tourny rules to be sure, Cody ... but they have a series of tie-breaker rules. Seems like it the best score over the last 6 holes, then over the last 3, and then I think it looks at the best score hole-by-hole, going backwards from the 18th. Without seeing all 3 scorecards, you just have to take WGT's word that the 6th place player won on one of the tie-breakers.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 12:03 AM

Now calculating the final qualifying standings.  Stay tuned.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 2:01 AM

Final qualifying results have been posted to the reorganized front page!  Congratulations to all 32 qualifiers! 

4 alternates from each conference have been selected and those players will be asked to step in should any WMPL qualifier not be able to fulfill their commitment to the league.

** Please note that all qualifying scores and information have been archived in the 2nd post of the thread (right below the front page) **

-- So what's next?

Division assignments and all schedules will be filled in by tomorrow evening.  All 32 qualified participants will have a posting on their wall from me within the next 48 hours.  That post will include your divisional assignment, a link to your full schedule, a link to the score posting tutorial (which will be up in a day or two) and the match result submission form itself. 

In the meantime all WMPL qualifiers should thoroughly go over all of the purple Rules & Information links in the Regular Season section to make sure you are 100% up to date on the rules of the league.

If you have any last minute questions, please post them now.  Otherwise, you'll hear from me on your wall soon!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 3:19 AM

Congrats on running a very highly organized qualifying event niv ... we appreciate the time and effort you sacrificed to bring this thing about ... and with that said, i'm looking forward to the regular season ...

Congrats to all the qualifiers and alternates as well ...

don

RSS