Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 6:18 AM

seveking:
    Thank you, Nivlac for the work. I assume we are allowed to choose St.Andrews as our home course when it comes out? Edit: No, only the front nine is coming out, you idiot :)

Brings up a valid question though, if both players agree to settle their weekly match on a 9 hole would that be acceptable?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:14 PM

All regular season matches must be setup for 18 holes.  It would throw off the holes won/holes lost statistic which is a tiebreaker in the standings.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 3:14 PM

Understood, thanks for the clarification. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 11:57 AM

Results Submission Form has been added to the front page.  Look it over, make sure you understand what you're supposed to report.  Please view the Result Submission tutorial if you are confused about how to enter results.  Also, please make sure you understand the Home and Away concept that we use.

WMPL Weekly Scoreboard has been released on the front page detailing all the Week 1 match-ups!  Go ahead and start coordinating your match time with your opponent, but please don't start until Monday!

Wall posts I've been holding back on until we get closer to Monday.  I want the information to be readily available on your wall when you need it instead of it being knocked down by multiple messages between now and then.

As far as the rest goes everything is done that needs to be done right now and we are ready to roll with the WMPL season!  Any last minute questions should be asked ASAP before competition starts on Monday!

Are you guys ready? =)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 4:40 PM

Just want to remind all players with Home matches this coming week that you are not required to divulge the conditions you select for the match until it starts!  Once your opponent has accepted your invitation please allow him at least 15-20 seconds to note the conditions and select the proper equipment.

That means all Away players will not learn of the conditions until they accept the invite to start the match.  That's the hook. :)

Both players should confirm that they are ready to start the match BEFORE the host clicks TEE OFF!!  The match does not officially start until both players confirmed they have arrived at the first tee.  Once you connect and verify each others presence the match is considered officially on!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 11:45 PM

Gotcha ...

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 2:47 AM

Thanks for all the work you've put into this Nivlac - most impressive - oh, and thanks for giving me a nice easy opening match ;-)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 10:57 PM

And the wait is officially over!!

Week 1 of the World Match Play League is now underway!  Week 1 results are due in before 11:59PM EST on Sunday, February 14th!!  Please get those match results in as soon as possible!

Good luck to all players this week and the rest of the season!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 9:09 PM

A few week 1 results are already in courtesy of the International Conference.  Check the scoreboard for the results!   Standings have been updated too!  =D

And now for a quick announcement:

Please be proactive when it comes to matchmaking!! 

If you are the Away player you should message your opponent every other day until get you a response.  If you see your opponent online, send him an invite to play.  You can always use that as an opportunity to touch base or just re-do the invite and play the match.

If you are the Home player you should be sending messages to your opponent immediately to begin setting up the match time.  If you don't receive a response then try again after 48 hours.

In either case, don't just wait around for something to happen.  Take control and make it happen.  And above all else do not pester your opponent!!

The window to play is small and there will be no extensions.  The league must run week to week and there just isn't time to stop and make everyone else wait.

In situations where a match goes unplayed then the decision is generally granted to the player who showed the most initiative and was the most proactive in contacting their opponent and setting up a time to play.  This is why I prefer if you use your walls to communicate with your opponents so I can clearly see when the effort is made!

Thanks all!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 12:40 AM

Hey niv ... i was glancing at the International Conference Standings and i noticed that in the east division you show one match in the away column ( shaghar ) with a 1-0 record ... if i'm reading the graph right it should be 0-1 ... if i'm wrong please disregard ...

don

P.S. Does HD stand for Hole differential or something like that?

RSS