Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 12:52 AM

I came at the time I said, I guess there must have been a mistake changing from gtm to pst. I wouldn´t have beeen able to come earlier anyway, so I guess our timetables were not made for each other. I will be hanging around this afternoon, but Cappiest is at wok, so it will probably have to be a decision. 

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:42 AM

Thanks for the kind words Zip and also for a great game too.

I must say though Zip is one tough competitor as he was playing with a cold putter the entire game yet there was time he could have easily even up the match and it was tough work for me to hang on to my lead !  Zip fought hard and never gave up until I birdie the 15th hole at the end so I'm just glad that a got a game over you man !

Not looking forward to the return match as I'm sure Zip will get the black Jamaican woman on to me ! lol 

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 2:54 AM

sorry for forfeit my match with Paul. I have a baby and when im playing our match, she get up and i cant play with my baby crying. In a few weeks, i have rematch with Paul and i try to beat him. Bye

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 11:33 PM

The WMPL has rolled over to Week 8!  Strength of Schedule Report through Week 7 has been released and the voters will be pouring over that in preparation for this week's Power Rankings.  No match notes again this week.  On the scale of things to do it's generally last so that's why it keeps getting missed.  Just not enough time in the day.  Sorry =(

But anyway, in Week 8 it's Red vs Blue once again and the last time we left off the International Conference held a 9 - 6 lead in the head-to-head season long conference rivalry.  Will the National Conference be able to even the score this week?

We have a marquee matchup this week as the undefeated coolswing (7-0) takes on National Conference powerhouse BolloxInBruges (6-1).  This is arguably the biggest match we've seen this season.  Good luck to both players and I hope you guys have a great match!

The newest Power Rankings will be out Wednesday and next week you can look forward to the debut of the Playoff Picture which will show what the playoffs would look like if the season were to end that week.

Play well, represent your colors and good luck to both conferences this week!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:50 PM

WMPL Power Rankings Through Week 7!

The WMPL Power Rankings through Week 7 have been released!  No changes in your Top 5 this week.  Vares & Zippy-Pivot trade the #6 and #7 spots by virtue of Zippy's loss to coolswing last week.  ckiniry is still holding firm on the #8 position and we have two new additions to the Top 10 this week including #9 tograss and #10 lilrob88 who have both climbed 2 positions in the rankings thanks to wins last week.

Biggest moves up the rankings this week:

DougBieker - up 4 positions this week to #12 and on a 2-match win streak

werksux - back up 4 spots to #11 after sliding 7 positions last week

bryan24 - breaks out of the cellar this week and gains 5 spots moving up to #27 overall.

Biggest drops in the rankings this week:

MacGillicuddy - down 4 spots to #13 after a tough loss to lilrob88

claremoreblue - down 4 spots to #14 after dropping his last 2

Kobalt46 - down 4 spots after struggling in his last 3

Who to watch out for:

BolloxInBruges - ranked #2 and has a chance to take over the #1 spot by defeating coolswing this week

tograss - Quietly leading the International South division at 5-2.  Owns tiebreaker over Vares.

The entire National West division - The most tightly contested division so far.  Only 2 losses currently separate the first and last place players.

Enjoy!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 3:31 PM

Good game paul ... enjoyed the company ...

• Zippy-Pivot
    257 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 10:52 PM
    Thanks for the game Zant! Was truely an enjoyable one. Some outstanding darts from your fairway irons, not to mention the multiple pins you hit with your chipper. Incredible consistency with your irons. You played a very good game.....tks for the whoopin, and good luck down the road!!.............Zippy!!
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 3:06 PM

Just had a hell of a game with B that went to extra hole ! Well done  to B who was just outstanding under pressure down the stretch ! All in all a worthy winner as I felt he was the better player on the day but I certainly look forward to rematch sometimes later on maybe ! 

Just been a great tourney and again I thanks niv for putting it on and for the hard work which he put it week in, week out. Awesome job niv !

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 11:16 PM

The WMPL has officially rolled over to Week 9!  The SOS report through Week 8 has been released and the newest power rankings will be out Tuesday or Wednesday.

The WMPL Playoff Picture Through Week 8 has made it's debut for the first time this season.  This report is designed to show you who would be in or out of the playoffs if they were to start tomorrow.  Any ties across the standings were broken using the appropriate tiebreaking procedures and after 8 weeks of competition, this is how the playoff picture is starting to shape up.  Still 8 weeks to go and plenty can change between now and then!  =)

Congratulations to Red who dominated over Blue in last week's matches 10 to 5 and has now gained a slight overall advantage in the 4-week mini-rivalry by a count of 16 - 14!  Please remember that "decision" matches are not counted towards the totals.

We have another marquee matchup in Week 9 that pits International North leader TallAcePaul (7-1) against National South division leader Kosei82 (7-1).  The players are a combined 9-1 in their last 10 games, so this match should be quite a battle.  Playoff implications are at stake!

Can you believe that we are now halfway through the WMPL!?  Goes by fast. =)

Good luck in your Week 9 matches!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:30 AM

WMPL Power Rankings Through Week 8!

The WMPL Power Rankings through Week 8 have been released!  A little bit of a shakeup in the Top 5 this week as BolloxInBruges defeated coolswing in sudden death to take claim to the #1 spot.  As a result Kosei82 and TallAcePaul each take a step forward to claim the #2 and #3 rankings respectively.  Despite the loss, coolswing lands on his feet in the #4 position while AvatarLee holds on to the 5th ranking for the 3rd straight week.  Week 9 will prove to mix things up a little more as the new #2 Kosei82 hosts the new #3 TallAcePaul in the match of the week.

Most notable moves up the rankings this week:

Flyinturtle - the biggest jump up the rankings this week gaining 6 positions and moving up to #19. On a 2-match win streak.

werksux - back into the Top 10 and ranked 7th overall after back-to-back wins

DougBieker - breaks into the Top 10 for the first time this season after a 3-game win streak and going 4-1 in his last 5.

Most notable drops in the rankings this week:

Zippy-PIvot - drops out of the Top 10 after a tough loss to zant

lilrob88 - The up and down season continues for rob who lost a close one to flocke last week

coolswing - down 3 spots after his undefeated streak was ended at 7 games

What to watch for:

#3 at #2  -  TallAcePaul visits Kosei in the match of the week!

#7 at #6  -  werksux takes on Vares... should also be a great match!

JTxpress - Has a chance to sneak into the Top 10 with a win vs tograss

paulmcm - Steadily rising up the rankings the last few weeks and looking to become an impact player in the International Wild Card race.

That's it for this week!  As always, please remember that the rankings are only meant for fun and have no bearing on the playoff outcomes.

Enjoy!

RSS