Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 3:01 PM

Holy canolis ...what a great match between villadeoro and i...tons of fun..and made a new friend....happy for both of us playing great so no one really "lost" the match.. just made 1 more birdie in the end...another BIG thanks to Niv for puttin this on..been great and nice playing w/ people across the globe

• bryan24
    68 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2010 5:34 PM
    got my first win today woohoooooooo! feels good to know i wont go 0-16 . you guys are good !! best of luck all in your upcoming matches.... bryan
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2010 9:41 PM

Well done Bryan, you sir are a good enough to beat anyone anytime. Keep trying and the wins will come! Good luck in all your matches until I play you again ! LOL

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2010 7:12 AM
    WOW did I have a bad week, lol. Congrats to Broohar stepping into the league taking over a losing record and knocking me off my high horse. Great match man & welcome to the league.
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 9:44 AM

Alright, lots of stuff to get to this week so let's not waste any time...

To the winners go the spoils...

First and foremost, congratulations are due to the International Conference who took the team win in the first week of non-conference play by a final count of 9 to 6.  Unfortunately we had one match that could not be completed, but it was not counted towards the final score since it was a decision.  We'll pick up this rivalry where we left on in Weeks 8 & 9 for back-to-back Red vs Blue action!

Strength of Schedule Debuts!

The first of the weekly WMPL Strength of Schedule (SoS) reports has been released and is available on the front page.  This report is sorted by the Season-to-Date column.  SoS is determined by adding up your opponents total wins and losses through the current week and dividing that number by the total number of games played by opponents.  The formula is (wins / (wins + losses)).  Remember, season-to-date only tallies your SoS for games completed so far.  The higher the percentage, the tougher your schedule & opponents have been so far.

The Full Season SoS indicates what your schedule looks like for the entire 16 game season.  We take all 16 of your opponents wins and losses (instead of just games completed) and derive a percentage from that.    If you have a large percentage to-date and a smaller percentage for the full season this indicates that your schedule should get easier going forward.  Conversely if you have a small percentage now and a larger percentage going forward that means you're looking at generally tougher opponents the rest of the way.

SoS season-to-date numbers will start to level off more as we progress through the season and the wins and losses pile up for each player.  The numbers you see are completely dependent upon who wins and loses each week and will change dramatically as the season unfolds.  SoS is (I think) the 5th tiebreaker stat that determines playoff spots and/or position within a division.  However, the SoS report is really just another stat page for you guys to look at to get an idea of how hard your played games have been versus how hard your whole schedule is.

WMPL Power Rankings coming Wednesday!

The WMPL Power Rankings will also debut on Wednesday and the SoS Report will have a lot of influence when it comes to the voter rankings.  More about that on Wednesday!

That's about it for now.  Congrats once again to the International Conference and good luck with your Week 6 matches!

• alber196
    49 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 10:33 AM

hi, i'm master i want to play my 1st tourney , how could i do

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 4:28 PM

The world match play LEAGUE is in it's sixth week of competition after an initial 4 weeks of qualifying ... if you're interested in participating in an upcoming tournament, you can look under Community Organized Tournaments in the forums ... Click here

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 10:20 PM

WMPL Power Rankings Debut!

The first WMPL Power Rankings have been released!  Power Rankings are compiled every week by a panel of five voters who will rank all WMPL players from 1st to 32nd based on performance through Week 5 only.  Voters have been specifically instructed to ignore all play outside of the WMPL.  The voting panel takes into account a player's record, strength of schedule, remaining schedule & other available stats when considering final rankings. All five independent voter rankings are averaged together to create the final Power Rankings.  Any ties in the Power Rankings are broken using Wild Card playoff tiebreaking rules.

These rankings are not "official" in the sense that they have absolutely no determination in playoff standings or division standings.  The idea was to create a "poll" similar to the AP Top 25 Poll in college basketball and college football.

Rankings do not take into account any results in the current week.

The panelist's identities have not been hidden and all rankings are made completely public.  The panelists are kind of like our own WMPL sportswriters and they get stuck with the tough task of putting numbers on people, so please go easy on 'em and remember this is all for fun. =)

Enjoy!

• nikopat
    2 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 12:20 PM

hey Nivlac,

sounds like a pretty cool tourney. How can i join for Ireland.

Niko

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 2:10 PM

Hi Nivlac,

been trying all week to get my game with cappiest arranged but with no luck. the only message i received was at midnight my time friday. was well asleep by then. which i read when i came in from work (12 hour shift) 1830 sat night. i have copied all corres up too 2100 uk time sun and posted it as a blog post on my profile page. to say i'm disappointed is an understatement i'm enjoying the league greatly. anyway Nivlac i tried i'll leave it up to you what happens next. 2100 gmt now off to bed work again in the morning.

RSS