Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • Broohar
    299 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:13 AM

Thanks to TallAcePaul for a great match, he prevailed one up in an epic battle.

I was scratchy the front nine which you cannot do against a player of his calibre missing easy shots while he started with an 18 footer on the first and a 40 footer from the fringe on 9 to go 3 up.

The back nine I finally got my act together and made a match of it. I birdied 10,11,12,13,14 and 16 to get back to all square only for Paul to hole a 26 footer on 17 to go 1 up again !! (ugghh!!). I hit it to 4 1/2 foot on 18 and he replied with a shot to 3 feet to seal the match 1 up after we both birdied. 

I'm very happy that I have found my passion for this game again lately and it's matches like this that make me want to carry on and improve.

Cheers TallAce, great win mate.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:09 PM
    Mic, I told you, male Paul putt blindfolded!
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 1:05 AM

WMPL Power Rankings Through Week 9!

The WMPL Power Rankings through Week 9 have been released!  It took a few weeks but we finally have our first consensus #1 with BolloxinBruges!  With his close victory over Kosei82 last week TallAcePaul steps up to claim the #2 ranking while Kosei82 slips down to #4 overall.  coolswing quietly works his way back into the #3 spot and despite a tough loss last week,  AvatarLee holds his ground at #5 to round out your Top 5.

Biggest moves up the rankings this week:

pricehcs - up 8 positions this week to burst into the Top 10 after 4 wins in a row.  price is making a serious run at the playoffs and has put himself in a position to possibly contend for a National East division title.

paulmcm - continues to rocket up the rankings moving another 5 places this week and settling in the #12 spot... for now

Pralaya - a hard earned victory lifts Pralaya 5 spots up to the #27 position.

Biggest drops in the rankings this week:

cody6202000 - down 4 spots again to #17 after a tough loss to Pralaya

claremoreblue - down 5 spots to #21 after dropping his last 3

Flyinturtle - down 5 spots to #24 after breaking into the Top 20 last week

Who to watch out for:

AvatarLee - look for him to make a statement this week after folding to pricehcs in the final stretch last week

paulmcm - Double mention for paulmcm this week who has risen from the bottom of the WMPL rankings and is perched to break into the Top 10 for the first time this year.  paul is one of the hottest players in the WMPL right now and not someone you want to run into if you're playoff life is hanging in the balance.

Vares/tograss - An exciting battle has been raging all season for bragging rights in the International Conference and these two will be jockeying for playoff position the rest of the way out.

Enjoy!

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:56 AM

Pricehcs's stock will rise even further, he handed me my backside this week, lol.  I was off my game & he was definitely on his, his putter was HOT.

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 2:36 AM
    thanks to tograss for good macth where only beat in final holes. He had a bad luck with his connection and couldn´t play his best game. Good luck in yours matchs and see you soon
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 1:12 AM

The WMPL has officially rolled over to Week 11!  The SOS report through Week 10 has been released and the newest power rankings will be out Tuesday.

The WMPL Playoff Picture Through Week 10 is now available.  Not a lot of changes going down this week.  TallAcePaul has taken control in the International Conference with a conference leading 9-1 record.  coolswing slips to #2, but still retains the edge over #3 AvatarLee thanks to his head-to-head victory back in Week 2.  Vares and tograss continue to flip-flop for the #4 and #5 spots and paulmcm enters the picture in the last wildcard spot for the first time at 6-4.  Over on the National side MacGillicuddy grabs a hold of the #6 spot as pricehcs bumps up to #5.  lilrob & DougBieker have a make-up match this week, so that #6 position will belong to Doug if he can defeat rob.  No change in the top 2 positions, but ckiniry & werksux exchange the #3 and #4 spots for the 2nd week.

In the final 6 weeks of the season most of you are going to see all of your division opponents one more time and two more conference opponents.  As we draw closer to finish of the season the matches get more and more important, the stakes get higher and the playoff implications take on a major importance.  The players who make an impact over these next 6 weeks will most likely be the players vying for the title in the June playoffs.  Who's going to be the one to step up and make a last minute run for a championship?

Good luck with your Week 11 matches! =)

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 12:05 PM
    i've just had a great match up with Flocke2308 it went to the 5th extra hole where he closed the match out, well played. one of the best matchplay games i have ever been part of, a true pleasure from the golf to the fantastic company. i might be losing more games than i'm winning but i'm enjoying this hugely. great comp Nivlac thanks for taking the time and effort 5 star. again well played Flocke2308.
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 1:56 AM

The WMPL has officially rolled over to Week 12!  The SOS report through Week 11 has been released and the newest power rankings will be out Tuesday.

The WMPL Playoff Picture Through Week 11 is now available.  Only one change in the Top 4 in both conferences and that was thanks to the weekly flip-flopping of ckiniry and werksux in the #3/#4 spots of the National Conference.  Wild card races are heating up in both conferences with DougBieker and lilrob88 holding on to the 5th and 6th spots respectively.  lilrob88 currently holds a slim Strength of Schedule tiebreaker over claremoreblue and pricehcs.  MacGillicuddy is still in the running at 5-6 and could spoil the party in the home stretch.  Any of those 5 players could realistically end up with those last 2 spots, so these last few weeks in the National Conference should be interesting.  In International Conference wild card paulmcm continues his furious charge towards the playoffs and has upgraded himself to the #5 spot after notching his 7th win in the last 8 weeks. tograss slips down to #6, but still has a firm 1-game lead over 5 players who are all tied at 5-6 and looking to make a run at that last spot.  Much still to be decided in both conferences and these last 5 weeks will tell the tale.

Playoff Outlook:

Congratulations to TallAcePaul who has clinched the International North Division Title.  With that he has guaranteed himself at least the #4 spot in the International Conference playoffs and he remains in the lead for that all important home-course advantage during the conference playoffs.

BolloxInBruges now has a magic number of 2 in the National North Division which means any combination of two Bollox wins or two DougBieker losses will clinch the division title and a playoff spot for him.  Bollox can clinch the division this week with a win combined with a Bieker loss.

coolswing has a chance to clinch the International East Division Title and a playoff spot with a win over villadeoro this week.

Good luck with your Week 12 matches!  Only 5 weeks to go! =)

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 2:18 AM
    Hi niv! when i see my schedule and confirm in- WMPL Strength of Schedule Report , only i can tell one thing. THANKS NIV! lol. its a joke. But for next edition a bit of luck in my schedule, please! PD: in this week I play with coolswing, lol
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 12:29 AM

The WMPL Power Rankings through Week 11 have been released!

Biggest moves up the rankings this week:

DougBieker - Back in the top 10 for the 2nd time this season.  7-4 on the year and likely looking to secure a wild card spot in the National Conference.

lilrob - Despite an up and down year and a 6-5 record rob has some key wins under his belt that has helped to improve his position.

marioh - 2 consecutive wins for marioh has him up to the 22nd position already since taking over in the National East division.  Could shake things up a bit in that division and is a long-shot contender for a wildcard.

Biggest drops in the rankings this week:

pricehcs - Back down out of the top 10 after a division loss last week.

ckiniry - down 3 spots to #10 after losing to upstart marioh

Zippy-Pivot - down 3 more spots and looking to snap a long losing streak

Who to watch out for:

marioh - could make a fuss in a National East division that has tightened up considerably in the last two weeks.  A big win last week over ckiniry proves that marioh has the chops to make a run for the playoffs if he doesn't run out of games first.

lilrob88 - In the middle of the wildcard hunt, but he needs to string a few wins back to back to assert his claim to a playoff spot.

claremoreblue - Also contending for a wildcard position and would benefit from a couple of back to back wins, but has a somewhat challenging schedule to finish out his season.

Enjoy!

RSS