3 days left for registration! 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:43 AM

2 days left for registration! =)

• raiderich9
    9 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:49 PM

I am in for sure.........67 average Master...........Anything that I should do at this point?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:04 PM

Just hit the sign up link on the first page, read all of the info there and make sure you're aware of what's goin' on and what's required of you as a player. 

Otherwise qualifying starts on the 4th with the Free Week 2 WGT Tourneys and you can start turning in scores then.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 8:53 AM

Last day for pre-qualifying registration!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 10:21 AM

Hey niv ... i have one question re: disconnection procedure ... my ISP is known to drop my dsl signal at unpredictable times and sometimes it will repeatedly "disconnect" me from the game at unknown intervals and most of the time when one of these events occurs it may be an hour or more before it returns to normal. So my question is, if i do make it through the qualifiers and i am in match play with someone, is it permissable to suggest to drop the match if one of these "disconnection events" occurs and reschedule the match with my opponent ? It's not something i would use as an excuse for poor play , yet at the same time i think it's troublesome to incur a loss that is no fault of your own, but due to technical difficulties ...

Thanks in advance and looking forward to qualifying ...

don

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 4:17 PM

I can appreciate and sympathize with your situation don, but unfortunately I must hold firm to the rules of the league.  Technical glitches, including those created by our ISP, are something that  we all have the potential to face.  Granted, your situation seems to be exaggerated, but I can't make exceptions for the causes of a disconnection.  Although I do realize circumstances differ greatly, fairness to all players requires that I treat all disconnections equally.  I hope you can understand.  There is still a month to go before the regular season starts so hopefully you can get in contact with your ISP between now and then and work that out.  You are paying for uninterrupted service, they should be able to provide it to you 99% of the time.

Qualifying officially begins in 8 hours!  Get those last minute registrations in now!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 7:48 PM

Ok ... i'll just have to hope then. I've been at my ISP's throat several times for the past year and they've never been able to resolve the problem permanently. Pity is they are the only service provider in my area with dsl ... the cable company that was planning on giving them some competition in the area nixed their plans for providing service and my only other alternative is dial-up ... thanks again and looking forward to participating ...

don

• pauls
    1,146 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 9:48 PM

thanks for the invite nivlac, just registered looks like a great tourney mate can't wait to get going

regards paul

• imperialrock
    217 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:19 PM

count me in, master 65.8

RSS