Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 8:43 AM

Thanks very much to DougBieker for the game this week.  I had all kind of troubles at the start including a disconnection on the 5th hole and Doug was really patient all through that and even though he wasn't having much luck today he still showed what a good sport and a gentleman he is.  Great guy and good player too.

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 9:53 AM
    333 Hole in one on Kiawah #13! WMPL match with AvatarLee today from the blue (closest) tees. 19 mph tailwind. Lee has honors and knocks his over the green. Hitting the R9, put full backspin and used about 270 power and the shot was pure! Lee and I are still in shock. No replay saving from match play - we both sent bug reports on the off chance that WGT could pull it somehow. Shocked - that's the word that keeps coming to my mind again and again... :-)
  • salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 11:33 AM

It is a shame that no one else can see it, but that doesn't really matter a bit. It actually did happen  and against the best player in the league makes it all that much better. Nice victory dude. It's about time lee suffered a lil taste of his own medicine.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 9:14 PM
    Hats off to Vares, neither of us were on our game but it was a close back & forth match the whole way through. Look forward to another match sometime soon! I know we both still have A games in our bag for next time.
  • bryan24
    68 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 9:27 PM
    I am having no luck getting in touch with my playing partner this week t.j-jiminez . Anyone know if he still plays this game???
  • DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 3:10 AM
    Congrats price on the hole in one..........Awesome
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 9:40 PM

Congrats to pricehcs on your unbelievable hole-in-one, never heard of one like that before ! 

Also well done on your incredible come back victory over Lee, the most awesome thing i've seen in a match play and especially against a champion like Lee makes it all more amazing ! 

Just got to love this tourney even more as the quality of play in the matches are simply outstanding ! Thanks again niv for your great vision to set up a tourney like this.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 1:22 AM

The WMPL has officially rolled over to Week 10!  The SOS report through Week 9 has been released and the newest power rankings will be out Tuesday.

The WMPL Playoff Picture Through Week 9 is now available.  Just a few shake-ups compared to last week's board. In the National Conference werksux and ckiniry swap the #3 and #4 spots and pricehcs steps up to take over the last wildcard position which was vacated by lilrob88 this week.  Over in the International Conference a similar story as Vares and tograss continue to battle for the division lead in the International South.  tograss currently owns the tiebreaker via his head-to-head victory over Vares so despite matching records tograss pushes Vares into the first wildcard position this week.  paulmcm has been rather hot lately going 4-1 in his last 5 games and has put himself in position to contend for a wildcard spot.

Congratulations to Blue who absolutely crushed Red in last week's matches 10 to 2 and has now gained a sizable overall advantage in the 4-week mini-rivalry by a count of 24 - 18!  Only 1 more round left in this conference vs conference battle and it'll be coming up in just a few weeks!

Two new players to mention this week.  marioh will be taking over in the National East division for donsprintr and GLADSTONESCREWER will be stepping in to replace t.j-jiminez in the International South.  Both retiring players cited personal reasons and time constraints for leaving the league and I wish them both the best.

Good luck with your Week 10 matches!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 1:51 PM
    Thank you, Coolswing, for an absolutely great match. If ever a game deserved to be a draw, it was this one.
  • TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:11 AM

Just had an incredible game with Broohar. From 3 down at the turn he hit a 28 coming home, both our putters were on fire and it was only a drained putt on 17 from over 20ft that separated us in the end. Great game and good company.

RSS