Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 9:24 AM

Ty for our match Vic. You are a great player but you have bad luck with your meter today. I hope to see you in next round ;). See you

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 10:08 AM

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates so far this week but I came down with a pretty bad cold this weekend and have been in bed since Sunday.  Please continue on with your Week 13 Non-Conference match-ups and I'll do my best to get the updates taken care of as soon as I feel better.

Also, there will be no Power Rankings this week due to one of our voters being on vacation and also because I'm sick.

Thanks for understanding. =(

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 11:03 AM
    All the best Nivlac here's to a speedy recovery.
  • DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 4:03 AM

Nivlac hoping you a quick recovery also.....A wonderful match this week 13 against Shaghar who is a gentleman and an excellant player.  Shaghar enjoyed our birdie and eagle bonanza and wish you the best the rest of the way.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 5:41 AM

Hope that you're doing okay Niv, Get well soon buddy !

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 8:52 AM

Hi Niv

My ol grandma had an excellent remedy for a cold.

Take a bottle of Jamesons and a bottle of ginger wine. Pour equal measures into a tumbler and keep repeating over a 24 hour period until both bottles are empty.

Wipes that cold and all memories of it right away and its fun ; )

ps for all those kids out there please do not try this at home

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 9:10 AM

Hope ya feel better Niv!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 1:34 PM

Alright fellas, just an update.  I'm starting to catch up finally.  Week 12 results have been finalized and the scoreboard link has switched over to week 13.  There are some match results that have been turned in already (7 to be exact) and I'll try to get those scores up later this evening.

Power Rankings, SOS & Playoff Picture will all return next week.  Sorry about the delays and lack of info this week, but with being sick and then the updates with WGT I've had little to no time for other stuff.

Hopefully I'll be fully caught up tonight and thanks for being patient with me.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 11:33 AM

Thanks to Marioh for a great match which ended with a 20ft put at the 18th. I think the final score was -10 vs -9, so it was great fun.  That means this is the end of my playoff options, so now I have three games in which to enjoy Nivlac´s last tourney and say goodbye with a match against Lee. Could there be a better way to go out?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 1:55 AM

The WMPL has officially rolled over to Week 14 and we are back in business overall!  The SOS report through Week 13 has been released and the newest power rankings will be out Tuesday.

The WMPL Playoff Picture Through Week 13 is now available.  A slightly new look since we last saw this 2 weeks ago.  Starting in the International Conference, AvatarLee has leapfrogged TallAcePaul via a conference record tiebreaker to take control of the #1 spot and home-course advantage throughout the conference playoffs.  TallAcePaul still has control of the #2 spot, but hasn't guaranteed the first round bye yet as coolswing is #3 and right on his heels. coolswing will own the conference record tiebreaker over TallAcePaul if they end up with identical records, so it'll be up to TallAcePaul to win out his remaining 3 games to secure that first round bye.  Vares remains locked in the #4 position and unless a serious shakeup goes on above him should remain there.  paulmcm still hangs on to the #5 position and villadeoro has stepped up to knock tograss down one spot and lay claim to that final wildcard position.

Over in the National Conference the order is the same #1 through #5 as it was after Week 11.  BolloxInBruges has a firm grasp on the #1 spot at 12-1 and will guarantee himself a first round bye with a win in Week 13. Kosei82 is still #2 and also can clinch a first-round bye with a win and a werksux loss in Week 13.  werksux and ckiniry still round out your #3 and #4 spots.  ckiniry has trouble breathing down his neck in the form of pricehcs & marioh, both of whom want to make their run at the National East Division Title. pricehcs & marioh will do battle this week and the winner will continue to make their run for the division title while the loser will be wildcard life support.  DougBieker checks in again at the top wildcard position at 8-5 and claremoreblue at 7-6 is edging out pricehcs for that final spot thanks to a head-to-head victory earlier in the season.

Playoff Outlook:

Congratulations to AvatarLee who has clinched the International West Division Title.  He has propelled himself into the #1 seed in the International Conference thanks to holding the conference record tiebreaker over TallAcePaul.

Congratulations to coolswing who has clinched the International East Division Title.  Currently 10-3 after starting the season 7-0, coolswing has leveled off slightly in the last 6 weeks, but still maintains a 4-game lead in his division with only 3 weeks to go.

Congratulations to Kosei82 who has clinched the National South Division Title.  Currently 11-2 on the season, Kosei82 is hoping for a win next week combined with a werksux loss to lock up that all important first-round bye in the conference playoffs.

Finally, last but not least please join me in congratulating the International Conference who has prevailed in the 2010 WMPL Red vs Blue Rivalry by a final tally of 30 to 26.  Kudos to all of the international players on the collective achievement!

Good luck with your Week 14 matches!  Only 3 weeks to go before the playoffs! =)

RSS