Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 1:14 PM

Thanks Richard, I owe you one. ;-)

Alright guys and gals, as of this moment we have 35 National (USA) sign-ups and 21 International sign-ups.  I pushed out a lot of personal invitations today, so hopefully that International number will continue to rise over the next 2 weeks.

You can have a glance at my personal activity (and the International Qualifying board) to see who I've invited and who's already signed up respectively.  If you feel that there's anyone deserving to play that I may have looked over, please feel free to drop a mention of the tournament on their wall with a link to the thread.  That includes American players too.

Keep those registrations coming in and thank you once again! =)

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:08 AM
    Thank you very much for invite nivlac i have registered and am looking forward to it starting.Looks like a lotta fun well done and good luck all involved.
  • bigdilba01
    219 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:34 AM

gl all

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:14 PM

just marking the page in my discussions.  looking forward to it.  thanks Niv.  :)

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 10:38 PM

One question, does the ready to go tournaments one enters impact qualification during the first 4 weeks in the new year.

Observation and just my thinking, It would appear that they will be changing the weekly tournament lineup.  Its hard to confirm until they WGT makes an announcement.    If you notice there is no week 52 tournaments.  However, January in the new year, tournaments are being organized.  They still have the monthly tournaments.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 11:52 PM

No, ready-go tournaments won't be used for the qualifying.  In order for everyone to participate the tourney has to be free.  Basically we're using every free tournament that wgt offers on a weekly basis.  Right now that means Unl 9, Single 9, Single 18 and Multi 36.

I don't expect that lineup to change.  Sometimes the weekly tournaments are just delayed on that list.  That can often be an indicator that something is changing, such as purse size. 

If anything does change we will adapt even if it means axing one week of qualifying to figure out what's going on and communicate it to everyone involved.

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:00 AM

This is gonna be an interesting tournament, I just turned Master today and signed up for this great long event.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:03 AM

AS a Pro, I'm sad I can't take part. But to be honest, I would have never got though anyway!

Good luck to everyone who takes part (this tourney is going to be great), and yes, I do support the idea of a 'side game' of some sort.

P.S. If you need any help (but seeing as you are so good at running tourneys Nivlac, I'd be surprised if you did), just ask.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:37 PM

11 days left for pre-qualifying registration.  The numbers are looking pretty solid so far for a league of this scope.

46 Americans and 29 Internationals so far.  There is no limitation on the amount of qualifiers who may enter.  I know each leaderboard only shows 50 slots, but I'll expand that as necessary, so keep those sign-ups coming!

Thanks for your continued support!

*edit* Oh by the way, if you have any trouble locating this thread in the future, just search the forums for WMPL.  It'll be the first result.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:50 PM

RSS