Help › Forums

can someone from wgt contact me please worst abuse ive ever seen

Wed, Apr 7 2010 11:33 PM (54 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 5:25 PM

TurkishTerror:
    I know I never got mine!!!!

I doubt that. You almost certainly got the email, but it may have been deleted by your anti-spam software, or moved to the Junk folder by your anti-spam software. This happens about 99 times more frequently than an error when an email fails to get sent.

Webmail (for example, Hotmail) tends to be particularly bad about marking legitimate emails as spam, and failing to deliver them.

Until you have scrutinized your spam folders, TurkishTerror, you can't say you haven't received the email.

• FrankAnderson
    4 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 6:01 PM

I beg to differ my friend. He can not say they didn't send it. He can certainly say he did not receive it. smiles.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 6:08 PM

FrankAnderson:
    He can certainly say he did not receive it.

No, he cannot. His Junk folder is part of his own mail-box. Until he has examined his Junk folder, he cannot claim he never received the message.

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:09 AM

Thanks Faterson, but please stop assuming everyone that posts a comment is an absolute fking moron.  Yes, I checked my junk and spam.  I guess your going to give me instructions next on how to turn my computer on.

NO I DID NOT RECEIVE THE EMAIL!!!!! ------AND IM SICK OF GETTING KICKED OF THE GDAMN MULTIPLAYER GAMES!!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:21 AM

TurkishTerror:
    NO I DID NOT RECEIVE THE EMAIL!!!!!

Contact WGT and ask them directly where they are sending the e-mails. Go to your account details and see what you have listed as your address. If this is your first and only account you will get to the bottom of it. If it isn't your first account (horrors!) go to the first e-mail address you used to sign up-that's probably where they're going.

I learned this after having the same problem. My wife's account, on a different ISP,  was getting the mail intended for me because I signed her up on the ISP that I actually exclusively use. 

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:45 AM

TurkishTerror:
    Yes, I checked my junk and spam.

Even then, the email may have been delivered to your email provider and they may have deleted it without letting you know. Trust me, this happens very often. I administer an email server, and can see that recipient servers often mistakenly delete an email (interpreting it as spam) without even moving it to the user's Spam folder. I've had extremely bad experience especially with certain webmail providers, chiefly (from among those in the US) Hotmail.

Do you use webmail, by any chance?

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 6:08 AM

Sorry, not trying to be confrontational, just grown tired of this problem (mulitplayer disconnects).....................................SO TIRED...............

So how do I tweak hotmail to allow these emails?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:46 AM

TurkishTerror:
    So how do I tweak hotmail to allow these emails?

Aha! Now we have a problem...    Hotmail used to have a setting, "Only allow people who I know to write to me," or some such thing. Try deactivating that option. Should be among your spam-protection settings. It's terribly difficult sometimes to communicate with people who had checked this option.

My usual advice for folks with Hotmail is to switch to Gmail which has a better spam filter. It makes mistakes, too, but it's usually possible to recover legitimate emails from the Spam folder pretty easily (one click), and Gmail usually does not make the same mistake a second or third time.

If that doesn't help in future, and if WGT emails definitely aren't in your Spam folder, I would contact Hotmail's technical support (I hope they are offering it) and make them aware that emails from WGT.com do not get delivered to you. These kinds of things are really difficult to resolve if the email is deleted on the server-level without giving you the option to check all presumed spam emails in the Spam folder.

The trouble is, even if you set up an exception for WGT emails, you may experience similar trouble when other people try to reach you via email. That's why I advise people to ditch Hotmail and switch to Gmail.

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 12:15 PM

My friends keep telling me to switch to Gmail anyway.  I hope my hotmail name will be available.  About to set up an account now.  Thanks

PS.  Google needs some marketing reps Fraterson.  You should give them a try :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 12:20 PM

Thunderbird from Mozilla is another good mail client. They're the same people that have Firefox and TBird lets you adaptively teach it what spam is.

RSS