Forums

Help › Forums

sand baggers

Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:27 PM (64 replies)
  • cubncp
    36 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2011 7:22 AM

LeonDelBosque:

Folks, there are sandbaggers out there, to be sure, but there are also lots of honest players who want and need the best equipment to compete in their tier.

Playing with pain is not a great endorsement for starter clubs.... And buying clubs does not improve your skill level against other people with good clubs.

gonna agree with u here, whenever i got bumped up and moved to a new lvl, i bought clubs( with my own money ..wgt still pimpin some of our pockets strong trust that)each time it took a new adjust ment period to even shoot par again.. meter speed, length of new clubs all diferent, so the shooter has to reset his gamepplan and adjust... as far as sandbaggin goes,  some people will people will try to cheat when ever there's money involved thats just a fact of life.if ur not ready to lose ur 50 cents a hole then dont even press the ok i agree to the funds payed out per match its simple. dont gamble if ur not rdy to lose ur money..its a GAMBLE ur not trying to go into evry skins game  a winner are u thats just unrealistic.peace out, one love, reiki bless ... 

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 12:03 AM

mantis0014:
    I think, keep the present Tier System

The fairest system it to rate players by Driver Strength; not tiers or levels but wgt hasn't figured that out yet.

Besides, the rich will buy the best equipment and beat everyone anyway, so who cares? :)  Just enjoy the game to the best of your own abilities and there's Always someone better than you are. :)

• ihartyou
    692 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 4:08 AM

Oldstir:

The fairest system it to rate players by Driver Strength; not tiers or levels but wgt hasn't figured that out yet.

no that is completely equiptment should be teir based so when you move up a teir you unlock better equiptment like unlock r11 driver when you reach legend teir by having this it gives the player the option weather he wants to strive to reach legend teir to unlock r11 driver or irons etc and lower level players can not have the best set ups because they dont play ranked rounds to teir up what you are trying to say is that people people dont have to earn the right to have better clubs they are just buying themselves into a level.

abbey :)

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 3:11 PM

Bingo!!! Tour pros should not be able to purchase the same clubs as a Mater.  Just like we cannot purchase the balls a legend can. The Legends have some great balls that really help even it out. But playing a TP or lower with the same clubs is like chasing a rabbit.  You can crush a drive 300 plus yards and your opponent is still hitting an approach shot of 150 to your 180 on consistant basis.  This is where the problem lies. A Tour Pro has NO idea what that is like because they have never played from the longer tees and do not realize the amount it affects your drive approach. I myself do not even like to play against a Legend that does not carry the better balls because of the disadvantage they have. I believe it is too late to make clubs the difference here unless they put out some new ones that are better in distance and give the owners of R 11s a great trade in deal.  The best I can come up with are balls that can be unlocked at different levels but keep them at the same price area as the others.  The opportunity to have better equipment should be earned. Not given just because a player tags along in AS games until he can have the adavntage he needs. It is hillariouse when I see  a player brag about beating another player in a higher tier that is hitting the ball from a 25-40 yard disadvantage with the same clubs. But they never mention that the person they played was 3 levels back and had not even played as long as the lower tier person. There are people who just are not as good as others and there is nothing at all wrong with that. But I often wonder about the Napolian complex a player has when he  sandbags and then fools himself into thinking he is better than the person he just beat who is playing catch up on every hole. And for the players out there that have yet to hit their 1st ball from the Tees that another player is speaking of here, you have no pony in this race. How can I speak about what a Legend is going through if I am not a Legend? Like the old saying goes, I have been where you are at, but you have not been where I am at.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 10:10 AM

x1524807:
    sorry joey

Edit:

You are focusing on some challenge...my comment was aimed at the OP, and how the new system instituted in Sept of 2010, makes it easier to sandbag now that anyone can own the best clubs in any tier.  Before that, you had to earn your way to a higher tier before you could buy better clubs.  Now, all a person needs to do is play non rated rounds until they earn enough points and they can have the same clubs as a Legend player.  That is why the Legend tier is the fairest...that's because by then, everyone has been here a while, knows the ropes, has the best equipment and plays under the same conditions.  

Joey       

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 11:07 AM

With regard to matching your tees to your driver....and the irons you're using....and your hair colour....and the phase of the moon, etc.....I'm curious what tees a person playing with an R11 driver and starter irons would play from?

I still say that linking your club's attributes to your tier (as detailed over in this other thread), is probably the fairest.

It's still not a perfect solution (is there one?), but it'd be an improvement at least.

• slillico
    393 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 11:36 AM

x1524807:

[

Lets see, it is ok for those with high power clubs playing against people with regular clubs. I take it that you are of the opinion that this is not a problem, because those with regulars could buy upgrades. I guess the same logic would be that you are driving a Porshe that can go 200 miles an hour, everybody can go 200 miles an hour by buying the upgrade car. Or how about a doctor that makes a million a year, and everybody else can make a million by being a doctor. 

How about if we allow those with reg clubs to play from the reds and those with high power clubs play from the black. Seems fair to me

So if I played real life golf with you and you see an R11 in my golf bag you would walk up and play the ladies tees.

I think i solved the problem, when i go to play a challenge I either kick or search again when playing a Pro or Tour pro. I spoke with one such sand bagger yesterday, fellow Canadian only reason why i played and the man dressed like a lady informed me that He/She was purposely staying pro because my club was 5 yards longer the His/Her and my irons were of a higher level.

I said but what is wrong with me spending my time and money getting different equipment, my meter is lightning fast compared to yours and my greens break more and are faster, how much of an advantage does someone need.

Why should i be punished for playing the game straight up and moving up levels as my skill allowed. Have I ever purposely played a high scoring ranked game no, could i of, yes, but that is cheating plain and simple. They are cheating plain and simple and equipment of another player is no excuse.

He/She proceeded to blow me out of the game, over at the sixth I think, He/She was so good that if I had the 50 yard advantage I would of still lost and lost big.

They are good, very good, some of them would beat lots of legends from the same tees and more.

So I'm starting a movement right now a boycott so to speak, Masters, Tour masters and Legends, lets refuse to play with any Pro or Tour Pro beyond level 50 where credits are involved.

If they want my credits, they can get their asses to the same tee where I will gladly play for them.

Who's with me, sign up at a new thread I'm going to start.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 12:00 PM

This is the same argument over and over...  If you've played this enough (which I hope you have if you are betting credits), you can tell before you start the game whether or not the other player will have a tee advantage, club advantage, etc.  It is your decision to press the button and agree to bet credits.  It seems like these threads start after someone decides to play someone else which has these advantages, then gets upset because they lose.

1) If you aren't willing to lose then don't play!

2) If you want to find someone that is at your level and equal competition... wait for someone at your level with similar clubs!

3) If you are waiting for someone below your level and you get fooled because they are better than you/better equipped than you... don't get upset... you decided to play.

4) Don't rely on WGT to solve this..  you know who you are playing before you press the button. 

Just my 2 cents for what its worth.... 

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2011 10:14 PM

The fairest solution is that clubs are earned at tiers. This only makes sense because your tees and green speeds are adjusted at tiers, not at levels. However, it is too late in the game to do this. It would be nice if WGT did make put out some new clubs that equaled up the game and let the players that already have the R11 trade them in for equal value paid ONLY if the person was going to buy the new club. The other idea would be to make ball for the Master tees. Not as good as Legend balls but better than he ones available now.But the problem there is, the Mater (just ;like the legend) has to continually purchase balls to compete. Like we have all pretty much agreed, there is no perfect scenerio and the chances WGT will do anything about this is slim. But if there is new equi[pment to be released, it is very easy for them to make it tier friendly.

• rjteeithi
    685 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 12:11 PM

x1524807:

nanstar:

jmb0222:
     wgt should realy do something about this. if there the same level as the person there playing , they should be playing from the same tee's.

Hallelujah brother!

Lets see, it is ok for those with high power clubs playing against people with regular clubs. I take it that you are of the opinion that this is not a problem, because those with regulars could buy upgrades. I guess the same logic would be that you are driving a Porshe that can go 200 miles an hour, everybody can go 200 miles an hour by buying the upgrade car. Or how about a doctor that makes a million a year, and everybody else can make a million by being a doctor. 

How about if we allow those with reg clubs to play from the reds and those with high power clubs play from the black. Seems fair to me

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS