Forums

Help › Forums

Change Tee Box Position

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 5 2024 12:41 AM (7 replies)
  • ScottWaldman
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2024 12:03 PM

I would be nice to be able to change the tee box position to accommodate for wind direction and/or angles. 

• ScottHope
    10,288 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2024 3:10 AM

You can fudge different tee box positions in a practise game just to see what it feels like, but this has been asked for on many occasions and it doesn't look like WGT are interested in implementing it.

It didn't do a lot for me in this instance.  : )

Recorded with OBS and edited in DaVinci Resolve. Both free.
  • BlackBogey
    445 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2024 10:28 AM

ScottHope:

You can fudge different tee box positions in a practise game just to see what it feels like, but this has been asked for on many occasions and it doesn't look like WGT are interested in implementing it.

It didn't do a lot for me in this instance.  : )

Interesting.  Technically you should've been hitting the 2nd one off a "fairway" lie instead of a tee, no?

• ScottHope
    10,288 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2024 10:47 AM

I don't know what the rules would be on this. If you teed off so badly that your ball remained in the teeing area, would you be allowed to remount it on a tee?

EDIT : It appears that the rules allow you to remount your ball on a tee.

• BlackBogey
    445 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2024 8:51 AM

ScottHope:

Technically, I don't know what the rules would be on this. If you teed off so badly that your ball remained in the teeing area, would you be allowed to remount it on a tee?

EDIT : It appears that the rules allow you to remount your ball on a tee.

Thanks for posting @ScottHope, I didn't believe you as I always considered myself pretty knowledgeable about the Rules of Golf, but before calling you out I decided to look it up and you are indeed correct!  

Thanks for pointing that out, learned something new today!

• ScottHope
    10,288 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2024 9:22 AM

Cheers BB. I don't think that rule applies though if you hit your ball onto a different tee box. But in WGT if you do that, then you do get a tee mounted shot.

• arkage57
    2,824 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 5:18 PM

I may be wrong here... but maybe I'm right?

You can re-tee your ball as long as you are still within the limits of the tee markers- both side to side and front to back. That "box" is the "re-tee allowable area" as far as I understand the rules of golf. Yes or no?

In the video above, it looks like you hit outside of the tee marker, so if I'm correct, putting the peg under it is not allowed.

Other thing- interesting shot you took there. When you moved the aimer, I thought "uh oh" he just pulled the arkage57 brain fart of moving the wrong way.  But then you went for the hook ball? How often do you do that? How successful are you with it?

I see you were a bit early on the draw line anyway, but it seemed like a pretty novel shot.

Ark

Edited for stupidity reasons

• ScottHope
    10,288 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2024 12:41 AM

I don't play golf in real life Ark, so you are more than likely right about the marker thing, I mean they're not there just to decorate the tee box I'm guessing.

That moving the aimer right and hitting early or vice-versa, is my way of curving the shot a little.

The likelihood of success for me is usually quite low. I don't do it often enough to know how far to move the aimer or to know how much distance I will lose and even then there is a chance I will completely shank the shot by hitting so early or late that I will be off the end of the meter trying to get maximum curvage.

RSS