Forums

Help › Forums

CTTH Playoffs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 13 2024 1:53 PM (8 replies)
  • sportsup
    287 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2024 3:55 AM

Going first in a coin room CTTH playoff is obviously a huge disadvantage. For example, when you hit a poor shot and it lands off the green or something, then the player going second can just play it safe and make sure they get it on the green.

My suggestion is hide the result of the first player's shot. Or split the window and give them a 30-second clock or something to remove this awful disadvantage.

• GaryPlayerSr
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2024 9:01 AM

Why is a shot in a sand trap better than a shot on the green. I have never played a ctth in real life where a shot off the green counts for ctth.

• BlackBogey
    445 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2024 2:49 PM

sportsup:

Going first in a coin room CTTH playoff is obviously a huge disadvantage. For example, when you hit a poor shot and it lands off the green or something, then the player going second can just play it safe and make sure they get it on the green.

My suggestion is hide the result of the first player's shot. Or split the window and give them a 30-second clock or something to remove this awful disadvantage.

If you miss the green on a Tiebreaker do you honestly expect to win?  And to counter your statement, I think going first can be an advantage - if you get a heartbeat or stick one fairly close on a difficult shot it adds a bit more pressure to the 2nd player.

• JonnyMcgall0
    31 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2024 7:49 AM

BlackBogey:

sportsup:

If you miss the green on a Tiebreaker do you honestly expect to win?  And to counter your statement, I think going first can be an advantage - if you get a heartbeat or stick one fairly close on a difficult shot it adds a bit more pressure to the 2nd player.

This 100%

• sportsup
    287 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2024 8:12 PM

My point is, the first player to go might take a riskier shot than they would otherwise. If I see that the first player has just missed the green or gone short into the trap because they were trying to get ti close, then I can avoid a similar risk and hit it safely into the center of the green. Going first is undeniably a disadvantage and should be fixed if possible.

• sportsup
    287 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2024 8:53 PM

Another possible solution is to simply remove any off the green penalties and make it strictly distance from the hole.

• JohnnyMillerFLA
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 8:39 AM

No green no chance. You idea about removing the green and going by distance only goes against logic.

• KarenConnor
    2 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2024 10:42 PM

Great point about the disadvantage of going first. Hiding the result of the first player’s shot or implementing a timed split-window approach could help balance the play. It ensures fairness by allowing both players to make decisions without knowing the first player's outcome. The finance essay writing service at https://www.topessaywriting.org/finance-essay-writing-service provided me with an excellent paper that was both informative and well-structured. The writer demonstrated a deep understanding of financial concepts and delivered a paper that was clear, concise, and error-free. The process was easy, and the paper was delivered on time. I was very satisfied with the quality of the work and would recommend this service to anyone needing help with their finance essays.

• borntobesting
    9,676 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2024 1:53 PM

sportsup:

If you know how your clubs and balls work with each shot type it would be a great advantage to go first. Stick the ball close getting both  the vibration and heartbeat would put an extreme amount of pressure on the second player,

RSS