Forums

Help › Forums

4 Eagles in a Row. Is This a First?

Thu, Dec 29 2011 5:52 AM (32 replies)
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 6:36 PM

4 eagles in a row at Cabo.  Wow what a round.  Finished with only a 53 but could have been spectacular without meter over 10 meter spikes.

Wondering if anyone else out there has eagled 4 in a row?

Spikes

#1 Spike on approach leaving 21 footer but makeable.  Freeze on putt missing mark 4 early and not even close.

#6 Spike on tee shot leaving a 25 footer.  Horseshoe lip out.

#8 Spike on tee shot but made 18 foot bender for birdie.

#9 Freeze on approach but made a tricky 14 footer birdie.

#10 Freeze on approach leaving a 14 footer.  Freeze on putt.  Made par.

#11 Freeze on drive but on front left of green.  Spike with green swinging hard right which left a 13 footer but made it for birdie.

#12 Spike on approach leaving 33 footer for eagle.  Lip out for birdie.

#13 Spike on approach, catches hill and rolls off green long right.  Chipped in for bird.

#16 Perfect drive on green to 30 feet.  Freeze on putt missing 2 early and putt would have been dead center.  Another lost eagle but will take birdie.

#18 Spike on approach leaving a 23 footer.  Lip out made par.

14 meter issues and potential 5-6 lost strokes.  49 is definitely out there folks in this Cabo tourney. 

Lord what I wouldn't do for a decent meter.  Sucks when you shoot a 53 and walk off the course disappointed knowing you likely won't win the tourney.

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 6:54 PM

Holy *** Jake--- record books buddy....wtg!

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 6:55 PM

Still a nice score Jake........53, I can only imagine...

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:16 PM

Looks like you set 2 records Jake,I for the most Eagles and the other for the most freezes and Spikes:) If i had that many Freezes and Spikes i would end up in a straight Jacket!! pfft

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:22 PM

PRIESTESS:
    Looks like you set 2 records Jake,I for the most Eagles and the other for the most freezes and Spikes:)

Funny Tess.  But not anywhere close to the record for meter issues.  This is a typical round for me since the RSG update. 

My record on 18 holes came in the Nov Champ final round with 27....that's right 27 spikes or freezes.  Funniest part about the big tourney was the round right before that I played and only had 1 issue on 9 holes. Teed off in the Championship thinking I had a smooth meter for a while and also thinking I was on STA as stated in the game client.  Needless to say I was wrong on both accounts!  :)

Side wager...no way to track Tess but I'm willing to bet I have more meter spikes since the RSG update than you have forum posts in your career!

• Lordfds
    18 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:07 PM

Bravo!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:18 PM

jake, that has to make you just go outside and yell HELL YES. Awesome. That will be hard to beat. And, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 5:26 AM

jakestanfill7:
    Side wager...no way to track Tess but I'm willing to bet I have more meter spikes since the RSG update than you have forum posts in your career!
    I did get a few freezes in them posts Jake,i had to wait a long while for some of them to go through:),You know how amazing i think you are,1 day you will sort things out and we will see WGTs no.1.MerryXmas Jake,xoxo

• Beryman
    9,099 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 5:34 AM

amazing!! ....a nice Christmas gift indeed  :)

• HoraceGumble
    61 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 5:48 AM

Hey, I was just wondering if you guys know if you hold your backswing for a few extra seconds it usually greatly improves the meter.  I have been using this lately and it really helps.  Also, I turn off loop for what its worth.

RSS