• misstery
    705 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 8:00 AM

Respect :))

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 9:49 AM

HoraceGumble:
    Hey, I was just wondering if you guys know if you hold your backswing for a few extra seconds it usually greatly improves the meter.  I have been using this lately and it really helps.  Also, I turn off loop for what its worth.

Horace, I do hold at the top for 4-5 seconds typically but it makes very little difference for me.  I also turn off loop and every other trick in the book.

I've done some tests with holding at the top and just swinging away and only saw a negligible difference.  I rarely get the death freezes anymore but my meter stutters at least a bit on about 75% of my swings.  I've learned to handle the stutter but can't always catch up with those last moment super spikes or freezes.

The update that brought us RSG was Armageddon for my system regarding WGT.  My system stills runs everything else under the sun to perfection but just doesn't like WGT.  Reformatted hard drive and totally stripped my computer down but that offered no relief at all.   Have learned to accept it but it sure gets tiresome knowing how well you COULD play this game with a meter that even performed right 75% of the time.

• BJORNAGAIN1
    382 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 12:02 PM

Congrats on the 4 eagles Jake. Not an easy task for any mortal to achieve especially

if you are having meter issues.

Talking of meter issues although it may seem obvious but have you tried running WGT using a different host.

For example try Comodo Dragon instead of IE or Google Chrome or whatever you find works best for you.

I sometimes like to listen to music on the Internet as I am playing my golf game and I noticed that my meter acted up a little when both were being used by Google Chrome.

I then used IE for the music and Google Chrome for the golf and that certainly helps.

Also remember to periodically clear all your cookies and de-frag your hard drive.

Some folks talk  about the amount of friends you have may also affect your meter

although I have not found that to be a problem for me.

Hopefully your meter issues will be resolved in the near future.

Bjorn 

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:20 PM

Gee Jake, awesome! I will trade you my perfect non spiking meter for your skills!

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 5:15 PM

Thx a bunch Bjorn but I've tried it all.  IE, Chrome, Chrome Iron, Comodo all travel down the meter like it's having a seizure.  FF is the only one that is half way playable.  Tried all the affinity tricks, latency fixes, tweaks to browser to make it more stable, etc.  The thing just has a mind of it's own.  Will be perfect for 4-5 holes then spike or freeze on every other swing the rest of the round.

Defrag system regularly and clear caches a few times a week out of necessity.  Would like to keep more WGT files stored in the cache but after 15-20 rounds it back to spurts and sputters.  Gets tiring trying to balance it.  Have to play 3 rounds or so after cleaning the computer to get somewhat stable performance, then it's down to 3-4 spikes per side for about 10 rounds, then back to 7-8 per side.  Troubling part is before the RSG update the computer performed fairly well with 2-3 spikes per side. 

As for programs, I wouldn't dream of running anything else, or even having another window open.  System is stripped bare bones.  Only relief would be to get a new system, but just can't justify it when the computer runs everything else like a dream, including games that many techies say are way more intensive than WGT.

Have been told from WGT that each update will cause more stress on our systems so I imagine it will only get worse.  Not complaining here at all.  Just something I have to accept, or move on, but it sure does seem like finding a solution would be priority #1 for WGT with the high number of people who have systems well above suggested specs yet deal with the same thing I do.

• Danmark2010
    805 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 5:52 PM

jakestanfill7:

4 eagles in a row at Cabo.  Wow what a round.  Finished with only a 53 but could have been spectacular without meter over 10 meter spikes.

Wondering if anyone else out there has eagled 4 in a row?

Spikes

#1 Spike on approach leaving 21 footer but makeable.  Freeze on putt missing mark 4 early and not even close.

#6 Spike on tee shot leaving a 25 footer.  Horseshoe lip out.

#8 Spike on tee shot but made 18 foot bender for birdie.

#9 Freeze on approach but made a tricky 14 footer birdie.

#10 Freeze on approach leaving a 14 footer.  Freeze on putt.  Made par.

#11 Freeze on drive but on front left of green.  Spike with green swinging hard right which left a 13 footer but made it for birdie.

#12 Spike on approach leaving 33 footer for eagle.  Lip out for birdie.

#13 Spike on approach, catches hill and rolls off green long right.  Chipped in for bird.

#16 Perfect drive on green to 30 feet.  Freeze on putt missing 2 early and putt would have been dead center.  Another lost eagle but will take birdie.

#18 Spike on approach leaving a 23 footer.  Lip out made par.

14 meter issues and potential 5-6 lost strokes.  49 is definitely out there folks in this Cabo tourney. 

Lord what I wouldn't do for a decent meter.  Sucks when you shoot a 53 and walk off the course disappointed knowing you likely won't win the tourney.

I don't want to hear that or to see that .

Congratulations for make it

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 7:44 PM

4 eagles in a row...Thats about some rare *** there, I don't give a *** if it is vidio golf or not,,that's like Houdini sort of chit there.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:31 AM

Epic!

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:00 AM

Wow Jake! GOTSTA be SOME KINDA record, I'd think!

Welldone!

jakestanfill7:

Thx a bunch Bjorn but I've tried it all.  

Have been told from WGT that each update will cause more stress on our systems so I imagine it will only get worse.  Not complaining here at all.  Just something I have to accept, or move on, but it sure does seem like finding a solution would be priority #1 for WGT with the high number of people who have systems well above suggested specs yet deal with the same thing I do....

As far as the "system stresses" being problems... I've found them to do the opposite... I know... it would be a longshot for you to try, but have you tried setting-up your system video settings to "max quality" (as opposed to "max performance")?

As a last resort, that's what I tried, and I haven't had a meter glitch to speak of in months! I don't understand why it worked... but it did.

Not just in the WGT settings... I'm talkin' 'bout your card's video settings (mine are set in a program called "ATI Catalyst Control Center"). It may be a combination of the things I tried and kept that smoothed mine out, but anything's worth a try at this point, ain't it?

GL

RSS