Forums

Help › Forums

25K Credit Reward Up for Grabs

Sat, Mar 10 2012 9:20 PM (136 replies)
  • oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:39 AM

YankeeJim:

I've experienced the evolution of the meter to the point where it is now-pretty much faultless for me.

then may i make the same request to you as i made to shrude, above.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:08 AM

Jake someone mentioned this and I'm not sure if you tried it but set up another account on the computer and enable parental controls. Only allow your browser as the only application. Turn EVERY other app off. I would actually turn everything off. Surely the OS keeps things on automatically it needs to boot the system. But I'm not sure about Windows based machines.

This way you puter is running bare bones and it SHOULD ask you to allow a program or whatever that is trying to launch if the system needs it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:10 AM

oilyrag:

I would love to. The only problem is my game gets like what Jake is complaining about when I try to record a round-the meter is ridiculous. I haven't gone looking to figure it out yet. :-(

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:11 AM

YankeeJim:

oilyrag:

I would love to. The only problem is my game gets like what Jake is complaining about when I try to record a round-the meter is ridiculous. I haven't gone looking to figure it out yet. :-(

i don't want a video of a full round

just a full swing with putter iron driver wedge using the unlimited balls

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:15 AM

oilyrag:

i don't want a video of a full round

just a full swing with putter iron driver wedge using the unlimited balls

Heh-Every swing is affected. If and when I ever figure it out, I'll oblige.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:50 AM

paulshack:

i havent read all threand and may not know the most. but your GHZ looks to be a bit low.. and memory(4gigs is low nowadays )

graphics card is kinda old too

i know my suggestion isnt the best.. all i can speak for is myself.. ican play wgt and run MULTIPLE TABS of youtube etc anything while doing so .. maybe one stutter a game ( if that)

my new computer has 12 gigs of ram and 2.93 ghz

gforce gtx 260 ( pretty good for gaming )

checked my ping it is 108...

i cant really help you, just letting you in on my deal...hope you find the help you need jake  but just sharing some information sir.

Paul:

My specs are far lower than yours, and my game plays just fine, I can get a very occasional spike, maybe once a month, everything wrong with my game I can blame it on me or on deviations, but not on meter in most cases. I can even play and open other windows and browsers and keep the profile page and game client... I play at home and at work, my computer at work is not better, and the game goes fine. At work I have to keep about 5 or 6 other applications open and still meter is fine. Only a few days ago I had a stuttering meter when I cleared my flash cache, but didn't close the game client. The rest of the time is fine. My specs at home are these:

Windows 7, 64 bit

AMD Athlon II 2.70 GHZ, 3GB RAM DDR2, and my video card has 512 RAM... 

...but at work is even lower.... and meter is even slower when I play there, having to adapt and sometimes pulling my first shots...

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:15 AM

The only time I ever have issues is in multiplayer mode. Single play I get an occasional spike but they are rare.

I'm been trying to figure out the multiplay issue for quite awhile and thought I had it whipped. Not the case.

Jake I would try the new account with parental controls. To me it sounds like you have a program or two running in the background without your knowledge sucking cpu and ram. Here's a excerpt from a post I made a couple weeks ago. Look at how much of a hog Flash is on your CPU while playing. My point; If you have programs running in the background that you're not aware off they are sucking CPU power and the same time Flash needs it. Result is meter spikes and jumpy game play.

I just did some monitoring while playing. Granted this is my work computer that has 8gb of RAM and a 2x3 GHz dual core but it still shows just what a memory hog flash is. Not just in RAM but how much CPU power it uses. My home computer is only a single processor dual core 2.0Ghz.

CPU Usage is at 8%. I have several other programs open too (PS, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Mail and 3 printer proxies) besides Safari. I watched the CPU usage right after hitting the balls and it jumped to 27%.

Flash isn't only taxing on the CPU but also RAM.

Safari Memory Usage:

CPU usage: 6%.  With game client window open it jumps to 8% until you hit the ball then it goes up to 27% or higher.

Real Memory Usage: 119mb. With game client window open it jumps to 348mb. If you don't realize what that is. It's telling me that when I open the game client widow (Flash) it is using 250mb of RAM to run it. In other words if you only have 1gb of ram you're already using 1/4 of it just to run Flash. That's JUST for Flash. That doesn't include how much your system is using or other programs you may have running.

• smiley2009
    33 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:12 AM

What? lol

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:29 AM

jakestanfill7:

You guys rock.  Many thanks for all the responses.  Unfortunately most of the advice offered has already been tried, save for a gaming mouse with gaming software and Richard's suggestions on page 2.  Gonna try that first then maybe a new mouse.  I currently use a top of the line Logitech Performance MX anywhere mouse ($99).  I've always had a bobble or two but after update that gave us Royal St George performance immediately disintegrated.

Jake,

In the past nearly 3 yrs I have been playing this game meter problems seem to be about the biggest problem mentioned here on the forums by a lot of players as you will already know.

I must be one of the lucky ones that can say: What is a meter spike? as they just do not happen to me now, for at least 18 months anyway.

I do buy and sell 2nd hand computers and at the moment have a total of 5 which include a small netbook, a Toshiba 8GB laptop, 1 AMD Desktop and 2 Intel Desktops.

All of these play the game fine.

Just recently sold an old Dell P4 with XP on it, no modifications whatsoever and was able to sign in and play the game without glitches of any kind (apart from slow loading and poor graphics)

My internet speed here is slightly slower than what you report (11 Mps)

With any new pc, all I do is: Use  Security Essentials AV, Adjust for best performance" under advanced system protection, Install and use Firefox as browser for everything including WGT game.

I don't worry what programs are running within reason and sometimes will actually be using Camtasia to make a video of my game while playing a Ready Go.

A long while back I did have times when the meter was very erratic and found in both cases the mouse was the problem.

To me, cordless mice are a no no as they will sometimes seem to release by themselves on the backswing and I also have a Logitech G5 wired mouse that  I don't use now because of meter problems when using it.

My suggestions:

1. Buy or borrow another wired mouse and try that.

2. Try another PC (Use a friends, or go to internet cafe?) in your immediate area and see if the same problem occurs as you have when using your laptop.

Normally find that with PC related problems it will be something very minor causing the problem after you have spent a lot of time and dollars fixing a non existant major problem:)

Good luck & Good golfing.

• 1goodgolfer
    221 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:13 PM

I run a 6 core i7 980x with 6gb ram and a Radeon 6950 2 gb running Windows 7 Ultimate and I use a cell phone USB internet device for my IP service.  If I had your machine the first thing I would do is add another 4 GB memory.  If that totally does not fix it I would also upgrade the graphics card.  Mine runs about 99% perfect. I have tried both wired and wireless mouse and keyboard and both operate the same and I can tell no difference between them. I can play golf with a smooth swing meter and listen to music streaming from Zune at the same time.  I think most problems are caused by too many things running in the background and a shortage of available memory.

Hope that helps, not looking for any reward.

1goodgolfer

RSS