Forums

Help › Forums

25K Credit Reward Up for Grabs

Sat, Mar 10 2012 9:20 PM (136 replies)
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 9:15 PM

SHRUDE:

send me a message when you are up for me logging into yout system, i can phone you and walk you through everystep i do

Here is your answer. I want 25K credits for doing this.

What time is good for you , when?

Shrude,

Many thanks for the offer and I would have taken you up on it a week ago.  Have put way too many hours into trying to tweak this system and I'm throwing in the towel on it. 

On the good side, I finally convinced my wife that we need another laptop so looks like I'll have a shiny new toy in a week or so!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 11:50 PM

jakestanfill7:
    another laptop so looks like I'll have a shiny new toy in a week or so!

Be sure you get one with OODLES of FAST memory and a DEDICATED graphics card, you will spend more but in the long run you are better off.

I would try for a lappy in at LEAST - Class 2 of this guide

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.130.0.html

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 10:39 AM

something to be aware of is this process

it can run for a fair amount of time while your trying to hit

• HoledOutLip
    85 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 9:51 AM

I practice swing when it gets erratic. Seems to reset the meter but the mouse suggestion seems viable too.

• mcadoowk
    16 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 2:50 PM

jakestanfill7:

Here's the deal.  I'm offering up 25k credits to the person who can help solve the riddle that is WGT's ridiculous swing meter.  Might even be a little bonus on top of that if person can achieve perfect meter.  1k credits just for trying even if we can't fix it.

Here's what you're working with

• Meter stable enough to shoot 26 one round then the very next I might have 10 spikes or freezes per side.
    • Computer runs every program and game under the sun like a dream except for WGT
    • HP Pavilion dv71267cl laptop.
      • AMD Turion Dual Core 2.2ghz processor
      • 4 gigs RAM
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit OS
      • ATI Radeon HD 3200 mobility graphics card
      • All drivers up to date
      • Firefox is the only browser that is remotely playable.  Every other browser (Chrome, Comodo, Iron, Opera, etc) all bounce like hell the whole way down the meter.

Here's what I am looking for

• Someone who can dial into my system
    • Take a look at programs and services to see what I can get rid of
    • Examine AMD Catalyst Control Center to ensure that my system is recognizing it properly.  For some reason any change I make in the CCC makes little or no difference in game play.
    • Make necessary tweaks (overclocking acceptable if you know what you're doing) to gain a stable meter (no more than one meter bobble per 9 holes).  Currently average about 6-7 bobbles per side.

Here's what I need from you before we start

• Brief explanation or synopsis of your qualifications and computer expertise.
    • Post here or on my wall.

I'll pick whoever I feel is the best candidate and keep y'all updated on progress.  First person might not be able to solve the riddle and I'm willing to give a few people a shot.

I was thinking of offering a 100k credit reward if someone could hack WGT's system and crash it until they start communicating what they are doing to achieve a more stable meter but I figured that might no go over too well.  So no reward for crashing the site but I certainly wouldn't persuade anyone against it. :)

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 3:41 PM

disable anti virus.works for me

• ReverendMJK
    11 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 9:20 PM

There are too many pages of replies for me to read and see if this has been suggested.  If it works, I'll leave it to your integrity to give me the credits.

Try CRTL+ALT+DELETE>>Task Manager>>Processes

I use Firefox, so I go to "firefox.exe" and right click.  Elevate the process ("SET PROCESS" by right clicking on it) to "high" and confirm.  Then go to "plugin-container.exe" with the description of "Plugin Container for Firefox" and do the same thing.

ANY time I have had meter issues, this has fixed it.  I usually try to do it at the beginning of a round.  You have to repeat it each time you close and open the browser, which can be a pain, but TOTALLY worth it.  I gave up trying to close all the crap going on in the background because a lot of it just opens back up.

Oh, and I use Norton, iTunes (which ALWAYS runs in the background), and I constantly have Outlook open.

You're welcome in advance!

RSS