Forums

Help › Forums

25K Credit Reward Up for Grabs

Sat, Mar 10 2012 9:20 PM (136 replies)
  • SpencerS25
    123 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:55 PM

Hey. I have Charter internet at one of my vacation homes and have realized that the meter in that house is much more jumpier than the meter at the home I live in. I have Time Warner at my house. This could be one of the main problems. But remember, Your meter will always jump every now and then. It rarely jumps on me, perhaps once every 7-8 rounds at estimate.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2012 5:27 PM

oilyrag:

SHRUDE:

Lol, i'm trying to work out how to create and upload YouTube videos of my swing meter over 4 differnt shot types ,....................

like this :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jMnPd523z0 bet yours is better than this.

a selection of clubs, full swing, no hits using the unlimited balls

0.1s interval pictures. how do fancy trying to hit with this kind of stagger

note the jump to the "ding" line between the 5th and 6th image

Nice vid... Warp speeds are incredible...lol... I couldn't hit a shot with speeds like that (using the Game Balls) Even if you time the meter(in your head) , the slightest skip will throw out the door something shocking...lol

Here's my take on all this and what I use...

I have a 12yr old  Puter.  Hp Pavilion 2.6ghz Pentium4 with 1 gig of ram. 

I use Chrome to play the game.. I have created a shortcut of my profile page to my desktop... This doesn't have any tool bars at the top of screen. I'm thinking of making a shortcut of the gamescreen to my desktop.

I run Game Booster3

I have close to 200 friends.

I do the usual b4 stating each day... clear cache, both Puter Cache and Flash. I don't delete the Wgt.com from cache... I cant be bothered resetting my settings if I did..lol

I close my profile page when playing a game and just have the gamescreen running

I don't have any meter problems......  I do have a few spikes if I have my Profile Page running, this is why I close it.

When on Facebook, I use Firefox and have noticed that there is a few Problems loading things on there... might have something to do with Flash..sometimes when a new version comes in, the Browser expects expects everybody to catch up....lol.

I don't think there is one set remedy to any or all of the meter spikes.... just depends on your computer.... sometimes you might find, just one or more of these things or what others have said will fix your problem....

I should mention too.... I live in Australia.. I play the game when most of the people in USA are asleep.... I said most, I know a few of my friends are playing at 3AM...lol.

Cheers

Roger

• jordanisawesome
    620 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2012 8:31 PM

I don't use gaming anything, no special mouse, no special computer. I use a 6 year old HP that was just recently brought in and was completely wiped. My meter is good as gold. I usually only get meter spikes when my PC has been running this game for 6 hours.

It looks like you have just about tried everything you possibly can do to fix it that i can mention. It could just be the area of where your playing.

I recently went to a buddies house and played this game ( he has a new high tech PC) Boy my meter was $hit. I go back home to my 6 year old computer and my meter is gold. I go and try some more recent PC"s and my meter sucks with them

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2012 8:52 PM

Jake have you considered replacing your ATI video card with a Nvidia video card ? About a year ago I had  video card failure and as a stop gap measure before I could replace it with a new Nvidia card I used an ATI card out of my older PC. PC was old but the card was rather new. From the time I went to the ATI card until I got my new Nidia card I had the worse meter I had every had. As soon as I installed the new Nvidia card my meter smoothed out. Maybe ATI cards are more of a memory hog than the Nvidias are. I'm not sure but I have no other explanation why my meter was awful for the 2 weeks that the ATI card was in and it is smooth with the Nvidia card. I will admit that I do always run the newest version on game booster. But even that didn't help with the ATI card installed. 

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 6:06 AM

SHRUDE:

uh huh.

Ok well.. heres my swing meter video. ...............

your meter has the same time as mine for the same club/ball combo  (1.3s/1.4s - time is shown on the left at the point in the video, 0.1s intervals), yet mine is somehow "jerky".

i will try to make a higher quality picture of my meter

as for those using the old hp.

my previous work place had a similar setup for some pc's running XP. the meter was so slow, in comparison to my meter at home, that i just couldn't play it

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 12:29 PM

an added observation to your video shrude that i've just noticed

you take a full swing (100% power) with the putter. from mouse release to reaching the ding line take 1.9s

but also.......

you take a half swing (50% power) with the putter. from mouse release to reaching the ding line take 1.9s

i wasn't expecting that and not quite sure what to make of it either :)

but it might explain why i appear to miss the ding line more often when not using full power.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 1:03 PM

and in comparison to shrude's meter, this is the best i get

a ctth shot - finished about 90ft away in the rough :)

again 0.1s intervals

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 2:49 PM

Not for nothing, oilyrag, but your proof of a jerky meter is quite evident. You go through a lot of trouble to prove them. Nobody has ever denied there's meter issues. The idea is to fix them, not  prove them.

• ttaylor0024
    13 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 3:14 PM

I have meter issues as well, and have pretty much came to two conclusions:

1. Internet connection is 100% the cause

2. WGT Servers are the problem.

I run a custom built machine:

AMD Phenom II x6 1090t overclocked to 4.2GHz

AMD Radeon 6950 2gb graphics card

8gb RAM

Everything is watercooled too. Gaming mouse, etc etc. I still get lag spikes. I tried to play a few games tonight, but found that it is simply just not possible right now... It kills me buy I have to wait awhile.

On another note, this game has been out over 3 years... Why is "BETA" still labeled on it?

• jordanisawesome
    620 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 4:27 PM

YankeeJim:
    not  prove them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9was-U4HJus&feature=context&context=C35ed8b2ADOEgsToPDskKZjP_aacmqOdbOD_aoz_9k

That's the link to a video of my meter, thing is silky smooth, its smoother than what it looks in the video, if you need a better video, tell me, ill do one that's right up just with the meter.

Truth is i have no idea how it got like this.

And i have no control over the thing covering the screen for a second.

RSS