Sat, Mar 10 2012 9:20 PM (136 replies)
  • LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 4:51 PM

I turn on Yahoo music player and I am smooth...lol

• Kevril
    14 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 5:26 PM

the meter issues should only be between your mouse, (cordless mice are slower)  flash program and your internet speed. unless your pc is old.

the flash program runs on your pc, so all in all the game is running on your pc.

make sure your adobe flash is up-to-date, and if you can do not use a wireless router.

but if you were truly having net issues, you would see it in more places then just the meter burp.

wireless router will always be slower then if you had a patch cable (hardwired) between your PC and the bridge (modem)

in response to someone reply on this post. "IF"  flash is a resource hog on your GPU, then it is time for you to update your VC,,

but this is all I can think of atm..

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 9:01 PM

Well meter is irrelevant now.  I'm totally locked out of game.  No box to sign in on home page.  Dial shows it loading then disappears.  Game client loads to 77% then locks up.

Tried everything you can imagine.  Even reformatted hard drive.  Was able to get back in.  Played 2 rounds then back to the same.

All other sites I visit perform exactly like they should.

Any ideas?

• Kevril
    14 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 9:21 PM

so your saying you did a clean install? or just a re-install. if you did a clean install did you delete the old partitions? I know that the newer OSes you need to make sure you delete the old partitions or it will not do a true clean install, it just looks like a clean install, but it never removed any of the old setting and what ever else that may have been in the HD.

if you did, the only thing I can think of is just making sure all your drivers are up to-date, I mean hell this game is flash driven, and make sure your direct x drivers are up to date too (never know), I do not feel DX should have any bearing on flash but hell worth a try.

Direct X dose drive the GPU so..

Kev

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 9:25 PM

corrupted flash? You might unistall then reinstall flash.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 9:32 PM

jakestanfill7:

Well meter is irrelevant now.  I'm totally locked out of game.  No box to sign in on home page.  Dial shows it loading then disappears.  Game client loads to 77% then locks up.

Tried everything you can imagine.  Even reformatted hard drive.  Was able to get back in.  Played 2 rounds then back to the same.

Any ideas?

Jake,

Members could go on for years giving all sorts of wierd and wonderful suggestions.

Could you give feedback on anything new that you have tried, after all, this is the internet and no one else knows your exact situation.

Are you able to try a different PC?

This could at least potentially save a lot of unneccessary and  costly changes to your own laptop.

• qazxcbb
    290 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:05 PM

jakestanfill7:

Any ideas?

Jake, had this problem myself awhile back, used Iolo's "system mechanic professional pro"(which is my virus & many other things program) to "realign programs on hard drive".I believe it is the best thing since sliced bread. Even works for ssd drives.Does registry & a whole heap of other things. Takes a few hours, but time is irrevelant if it works, which it did. Cheers &hope it helps, Pete

• Rishirocks
    88 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 12:17 AM

jakestanfill7:

Any ideas?

Buy a HP G60 and you never answered my question if you were not joking about 1k for trying.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 12:44 AM

If your using Fixefox this could be the problem. Try using Chrome(chrome auto downloads the latest version of flash too), but you still have download the latest flash for your other browsers.

This might sound silly...and yes I felt stupid.... I couldn't log onto the game at all....After a couple of days trying different things... I checked the calender on my Puter because I eventually got an error message Wgt Security Cert  Out Of Date. The Calender was set to next month, Changed to correct date and all was good.

-Roger

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 1:39 AM

YankeeJim:

My advice to you, Jake, is get your msconfig file cleaned up (absolute no-brainer), look at going to the 64 bit version of Windows 7 (64 bit systems handle large amounts of RAM better) and dedicate Comodo Dragon to the game. Period. Get to that point and then see what happens. I'll be a monkey's uncle if it doesn't make your game more playable than it's ever been. For reference here's what my msconfig file looks like.

At the end of the day, THIS is probably the best post  ion this thread.

I have taken the time to read through everything.

I usually keep my startup minimal anyway, who am i to assume everyone else does

all those icons next to your clock, 90% of them dont need to be there, Printer Monitors, Adobe Loaders, MSN, 

As well as all the toolbars people love to install for whatever .. reason.

ZTheres a nother thrread ging at the moment with someone with a 3 week old laptop

"But its new"

probably already filled with start up junk, possibly an onboard video card sharing 2gb of memory on win7, completely under specc'd.. and paid $499 fot iot expecting it to be a GAMING machine. when all it will really do is be suitable for a student using MS word and searching google.

I digress.  

Do what YankeeJIm has suggested here, & run CCleaner (Which can also edit msconfig settings) to clean everything else up on your pc thats 'hanging' around.

Use a dedicated browser for WGT , I suggest CHROME , Comodo is BS (IF you use one of their DNS servers). clear cache history cookies, before logging in..  

all 'should' be sweet. The only other variable from there , is Network. You own drivers, ISP Quality, etc

RSS