Forums

Help › Forums

Shot Shaping

Fri, Feb 24 2012 5:25 PM (41 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 8:53 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    You can draw your own conclusions from this, as you watch my average fade to almost nothing, now that I know I am allowed.

So, your conclusions go from right to left whilst your average goes from left to right?

• jumpmybones
    205 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 9:03 AM

Pure    Stupidty    !

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 9:35 AM

The terminology needs to get straightened out (even if the shot does not):

When I (a right-hander) hit the ball and it curves to the left it is called a draw, or even a duck draw. When another right-hander hits the ball the same direction it is called a hook (ditto for a lefty curving the ball to the right).

When I hit a ball curving to the right, I am said by me to have hit a fade, or, to more spectacular effect, a banana fade. I will however say that you have hit a slice. 

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 9:47 AM

IRL almost all of my shots are draws. I've been told that's a sign of a good player, it's a pity about the rest of my game.

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 3:38 PM

zagraniczniak:

The terminology needs to get straightened out (even if the shot does not):

When I (a right-hander) hit the ball and it curves to the left it is called a draw, or even a duck draw. When another right-hander hits the ball the same direction it is called a hook (ditto for a lefty curving the ball to the right).

When I hit a ball curving to the right, I am said by me to have hit a fade, or, to more spectacular effect, a banana fade. I will however say that you have hit a slice. 

My apologies for my lapse in concentration on my earlier post... I was thinking about something else... Now I am back, and my full attention has returned also...

hey look a quarter...!!!

But I digress.... I think it's great that you straightened out (if not your shots) The terminology for all of us....

Me being a 2 handicap, I've never even heard those terms before... ;)

I hit a draw irl, but my driver fades... seeing as I hit my driver 290-300, I use the fade to control roll..

Wish it was so simple here

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 6:05 PM

This thread should fade out soon.

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 7:38 PM

Milfshake:

This thread should fade out soon.

so should your worthless existence...

But you don't hear me crying about you annoying everyone you get close enough to talk to?

I don't like you, leave.

-Truf

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 8:58 PM

You can poke it left, or you can poke it right, but whichever way you poke it, make sure you POKE IT TIGHT! I got  th da chops dawg,,he hee.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 9:07 PM

Why you so mad bro?

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 9:31 PM

Milfshake:

Why you so mad bro?

Who's mad? I just don't like you.

-Truf

RSS