Forums

Help › Forums

Shot Shaping

Fri, Feb 24 2012 5:25 PM (41 replies)
  • rjteeithi
    685 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 6:24 PM

when you hit before or after the ding it seems to either push or block and not draw or fade....is this true?.....what about in putting?

thank you, Joe

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 10:38 AM

Try aiming different amounts right or left of your intended target, then hit the ding on the opposite side..ex: aim far left then hit ding similar amount right,or "after" ding line.  must practice and experiment but it can be done...then on top of that you have cross winds to compensate/adjust for!! try practicing on single hole play at oakmont with  the long narrow fairways with your driver.  gl.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 10:44 AM

There is no draw and fade facility as yet.

• JeffSpicoli1
    88 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 11:59 AM

piztaker:

hitting before the "ding" results in a draw.

hitting after the "ding" results in a fade. 

learning this technique will greatly improve your scores.

prom personal experience, taking an extra club and playing a high fade into the greens will help stop the ball. 

they call me the virtual Bubba Watson. 

lol

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 12:34 PM

JeffSpicoli1:

piztaker:

Not really, it just causes a deviation at the cost of distance.

• royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 1:02 PM

l Agree with  mr.P.  JUST Deviation, Technicaly  its also a mis-hit Shot, l always try to Ding it l want that ball going straight, l can allow for the wind

Roy.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 1:33 PM

Hitting early or late on WGT causes a push or pull shot, not a fade or draw.

Roy - when you get to Legend you will find that you can't ding off every tee.  And because there is no draw of fade facility you end up pushing or pulling, which, to be honest, if a crap way of doing things, but that's the way it is.  For example, BPB #2 you have to aim somewhere between two tree trunks in the distance depending on where the wind is coming from and then always hit early.  On Cong #4 you have to aim in the right rough and hit early.  In both cases, if you don't do this you will invariably end up hitting a tree in front of the tee.  You can still occasionally hit the trees, but it happens less often.

• imperialrock
    217 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 1:45 PM

JeffSpicoli1:

piztaker:

prom personal experience, taking an extra club and playing a high fade into the greens will help stop the ball. 

lol

This is untrue.  Clicking before or after the ding on purpose is simply a push or a pull, it produces no shot-shaping tendencies that can be used to your advantage.  Maybe some players have learned to play this way.......if so they might as well learn to ding it b/c that's where the scores really drop.

• WarnersSafeCure
    682 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:53 PM

i aint found any evidence,for fade and draw, on any shot,  just ends up a crap shot. ive practiced all kinda shots,trying to figure out this method,,,if you know better,,then ure better than me ,,no *** sherl;ock

• JeffSpicoli1
    88 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 9:14 PM

imperialrock:

JeffSpicoli1:

piztaker:

lol

This is untrue.  Clicking before or after the ding on purpose is simply a push or a pull, it produces no shot-shaping tendencies that can be used to your advantage.  Maybe some players have learned to play this way.......if so they might as well learn to ding it b/c that's where the scores really drop.

clearly you havent learned it yet then.

you can very easily shape shots my doing what i said. 

there will be a loss of distance, but you'll just have to adjust

RSS