Forums

Help › Forums

Invasion of the "Multi 'counters"

Wed, Feb 29 2012 12:23 PM (68 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 4:18 PM

Richard4168:
    Do you believe this golf game is 100% skill, and 0% luck?

I believe Jim and others are still waiting, after 6 or so hours, for you to answer his question.

YankeeJim:
    WHAT??!!

Explain your 10% Skill 90% Luck assertion.  Without answering it with another question.

That would be effective debate.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 4:40 PM

Never mind, Andyson, he's playing the double douche game. Thanks anyway but I'll go ahead and answer his odd question.

HIOs are lucky, Richard4168. So are holed fairway shots. Pure luck. However, it requires skill to put yourself in a position to get lucky like that. So the answer is no, I don't think this game is 100% luck. It's nowhere near 90% luck either and if you believe that then you've effectively insulted and diminished the accomplishments of the likes of mrrenn, BIB, ALee and an assortment of many others.

There's your answer. I am YankeeJim and I approve of this answer. I even understand it.

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 5:03 PM

The more you play and understand the game the luckier you become.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 5:30 PM

I'm sure I understand what I thought you said, but I'm not sure what you said is what I really heard, nor do I comprehend what the hell I'm thinking, I think.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 5:39 PM

Thanks Jim for answering my question that I don't see as odd. That is a wonderful response, and quite frankly that's something I didn't think about.

I urge you Jim to go back to page one of our posts and look how this all culminated to this point. I believe you'll see there was never any double douche game played. I was only trying to have a decent conversation, that's all.

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 5:45 PM

andyson:

The forumula is really quite simple Jim:

Keep in mind that light doesn't actually exist.  Dark exists.  Light is the absence of dark.

I doubt James Maxwell would agree...  super particles such as tacyhons, superbradyon, and composite fermions dispel Newton and Einstein's theories. Using quaternion equations there are still many unexplored potentials. Thus the concepts of anti-gravity and time-travel are virtually possible. lol..

Which ultimately means that a golf ball with a nano hydrogen reactor inside a modified centrifuge in its core could easily go 5000 yards (or to Jupiter depending upon the loft) using the Starter Driver off the tee. :)

If i'm not making any sense, I'm sorry that i'm not sorry.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 5:47 PM

Richard4168:
    I believe you'll see there was never any double douche game played.

Didn't you mean Double Dutch?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:34 PM

andyson:
    Explain your 10% Skill 90% Luck assertion.

I'll give you my assertion Andy. This was my opinion, that's all. Next, I ask Jim the question about 100% skill and 0% luck first.

I don't know how you always misinterpret me Andy. I was only giving my opinion on a topic the OP mentioned. Why you always have to come along and make a mockery of mine and other people's posts is beyond me. I wasn't trying to be funny or sarcastic with my original post, but for some strange reason you view it as that, and feel a need to mock me when I post something you disagree with.

Whatever, to each their own they say.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:50 PM

TesLa33:
    If i'm not making any sense, I'm sorry that i'm not sorry.

Tesla, what in tarnation had you thinkin' that any of this would make sense? Sense is not the point !
    If  makin' sense was the point we wouldn't even be havin' this here conversation ! I's just sayin' we got's alien multi'counters golfin' amonst us here which is totally unacceptable. These pod golfin' replicates has just got t'go !!! I for one am tired of all the talk about it, hence I's decided to take matters into my own hands., the genius of which will prove itself out when and if WGT actually does something about this or not. If they do, I have already layed the ground work for taking full credit, if they don't, I am still effecting the change, hence, it's still in beta, as my much esteemed head ambassador Yancy would most likely point out, if he were inclined to talk about it.

Doc

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:35 PM

I understand where you're coming from Doc. I wasn't hijacking the thread just wandering off like most. Sorry.

That's the sole reason I don't play in tournaments. The people who use multi-accounts to cheat others out of credits. Yet then again you can't usually tell for sure... unless they've earned like 80 bucks in their first week or what not.

RSS