• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:37 AM

Investigatin' rumors 'bout my new home Dub-G-T

I've formed a couple theories 'bout what's goin' on y'see

Now lately there's been mucho talk about some folks who cheat

by havin' multiple accounts which makes 'em hard t'beat

I seen this stuff in movies folks, I know for fact it's true

invasion of the body snatchin' multi 'countin' ghouls !!!

Them no good pod perversion's stinkin' up the place

It's gettin' so's the tounaments is just one big disgrace

Say "Hallelujah" brother, can I get a witness here?

It's time that somethin' must be done, but, it's too late I fear.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:19 AM

If WGT would have started all new members from the back tees, this problem would have never come about. When I discovered this website, I was astonished at the graphics and physics this game has. I would have instantly bought the necessary clubs needed to compete.

The starter clubs and ball could have been like they are now, but with a bit more length. Making the clubs length just enough to reach the hole with a helping wind. This would give cause to upgrade to longer clubs with more precision/forgiveness and golf balls with more distance, feel, and spin.

There would have never been sandbagging and multi-accounts had everyone started from the back tees. Not to mention only serious golfers who like and play golf would be attracted to sign-up on the website. Now there is over four million accounts and just over 100,000 active players.

The current system is in place and there is nothing WGT is going to do to change it. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm sure everyone has there own method to alleviate the problems people have with this game.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:50 AM

Richard4168:
    If WGT would have started all new members from the back tees, this problem would have never come about.

I have to agree.  The problem wouldn't have happened because the site would have lasted maybe 4 months until the capital investment was gone.  If I had started playing golf from the tips in real life the game would have been too hard and I'd have lost interest.  IMO very few people would stick around WGT if the game was extremely difficult from the get-go.  In WGT's business model, you hook 'em first, then you fry 'em.

• CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 8:16 AM

andyson:
    WGT's business model, you hook 'em first, then you fry 'em.

LMAO andy - and remember this!@#$%^&*( this is still in beta ) They barely have the heat turned up on the fryer, lol

Thanks for the laugh,

CC...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 8:20 AM

I disagree Andy, but like me, you're entitled to your opinion as I mentioned at the end of my post.

A video game and real life are completely two different things.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 9:00 AM

Richard4168:
    A video game and real life are completely two different things.

Once again, I agree.  What is common in my analogy is how people react to difficult games.  That was the point.

Glad it gave you a laugh Cap'n Couples!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 9:12 AM

Well now gentlemen, I must say this is a pleasant surprise, the last thing I expected when I posted this were such well thought out, logical assertions of the issue in question. Hmmmm, perhaps poetry as a means of effecting social change is still a viable tool ? Nah...

Doc

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 9:53 AM

andyson:
    difficult games

What's difficult? This game is 10% skill and 90% luck.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 10:04 AM

Richard4168:
    What's difficult? This game is 10% skill and 90% luck.

WHAT??!!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 10:12 AM

Jim, where's the skill when shots deviate with almost five out of five dots of precision on the best clubs?

Even players using meter tape aren't very skilled and rely on luck.

RSS