Help › Forums

Invasion of the "Multi 'counters"

Wed, Feb 29 2012 12:23 PM (68 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 5:11 AM

Richard4168:

andyson:
    Explain your 10% Skill 90% Luck assertion.

I'll give you my assertion Andy. This was my opinion, that's all. Next, I ask Jim the question about 100% skill and 0% luck first as you'll see in the screen-shot below.

This is not complicated Richard.

You stated your opinion the game is 10% Skill and 90% Luck.  We all can read and comprehend it.

Jim asked "What??!!".   Obviously asking you to support your opinion with details.

I also asked you to explain your opinion.

So far you've refused to provide substance to support your opinion.

Fine.  Leave it at that. Nothing further needs to be said.

Let's get back on topic?

I believe the question on the table posed by drmoose is "Is there anything WGT can do to stop the invasion of the body snatchin' multi 'countin' ghouls?"

The moose is loose!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 5:13 AM

TesLa33:
    I understand where you're coming from Doc. I wasn't hijacking the thread just wandering off like most. Sorry.

No need to apologize good sir, my ruminations often run amok rendering themselves almost incomprehensible.

Doc

andyson, Apparently we crossed in posting. Yes, that was and continues to be the "topic". Hopefully by keeping this particular "topic" in the public eye, it will draw the attention of the central scrutinizers @ Dub-G-T who I'm told are aware of the problem but, as yet, are still keeping their thumbs out of sight when it comes to dealing with it.

Doc

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 5:28 AM

drmoose:
    Dub-G-T who I'm told are aware of the problem but, as yet, are still keeping their thumbs out of sight when it comes to dealing with it.

Too, too, polite! LMAO!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 3:21 PM

andyson:
    Jim asked "What??!!".   Obviously asking you to support your opinion with details.

And I did so here.

Richard4168:

Jim, where's the skill when shots deviate with almost five out of five dots of precision on the best clubs?

Even players using meter tape aren't very skilled and rely on luck.

I'm not sure why Jim asked me how I switched from 100% luck to 0% luck because I didn't ever switch from my original statement, especially when I asked Jim that question first. There is not one post from me in this thread that supports your claim on this Andy. And there's no details on my opinion of whether this game is all luck or not. It was only an opinion. Its like saying the sky is blue, do I need to give you details on a statement like that to get you to understand it is? You believe this game is all skill, I happen to have a differing opinion, and the better players I've played this game with have a similar opinion.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:14 AM

drmoose, if this were primarily a game of chance as Richard believes (10% Skill 90% Luck) then what is all the fuss about multi-accounters?  

It would be a small advantage for a level 95 Legend with a 58 average to start over as a Hack.  Whatever skill, experience, and knowledge they had acquired would be pretty much useless.  Everyone, including multi-accounters, would have a nearly equal chance of winning tournaments as the outcome is 90% Luck.

Proceeding along those lines, "For a game to be considered a game of skill, skill needs to predominate over the element of chance."  With 10% Skill and 90% luck this is not a skill based gaming site and should be shut down.  No more problem with multi-accounters.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:48 AM

andyson, Sounds logical to me, at first I didn't see the parallel between your discussion with Richard and the topic of multi accounts. While I agree that both elements are involved, even at my level, I would think the percentage would be more like 60/40 with luck being on the high side of the equation. But that's just 'cuz I suck, lol.

Doc

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:09 AM

drmoose:
    Sounds logical to me, at first I didn't see the parallel between your discussion with Richard and the topic of multi accounts.

While researching skill based gaming laws on the innerwebs and whatnots, I found another relevant point:  Fair play.  Skilled based gaming sites must have policies in place to discourage cheating and do what they can to enforce these rules. They must constantly watch for players that are using computer scripts or other methods to gain an unfair advantage.

Certainly in the case of multi-accounters, JMO, WGT should be doing much more to ensure fair play.

P.S. I'm more of an 70% Skill 30% Luck thinker myself. (+/- 10% with more luck involved in the lower tiers/ lower equipment)

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:46 AM

andyson, Interesting point, and apparently one that has escaped the attention of WGT. Unless they are ready to admit that they are unable to do anything more to prevent it than giving it lip service like they are now. I don't feel that we as players should have to be the ones to point out possible violaters, they need to take a much more pro-active role than just saying " if you think someone is cheating, send us the information and we'll look into it ". In my opinion, that's BS of the highest order. As to the skill/luck ratio, at your level of play I'd agree with your percentages, at mine, I'm still countin' more on luck, lol.

Doc

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 8:25 AM

andyson:

While researching skill based gaming laws on the innerwebs and whatnots, I found another relevant point:  Fair play.  Skilled based gaming sites must have policies in place to discourage cheating and do what they can to enforce these rules. They must constantly watch for players that are using computer scripts or other methods to gain an unfair advantage.

Certainly in the case of multi-accounters, JMO, WGT should be doing much more to ensure fair play.

Very interesting Andy, but obviously no one polices this fair play policy, which is why gaming sites can get away with doing nothing.  That said, WGT do have a policy; we, the members, have to tell them about possible multi-accounters.  Unfortunately the rest of the policy is undefined as yet... being beta n'all.  Oh, except that if you name anyone of these obvious multi-accounters publicly you get banned yourself!

RSS