Forums

Help › Forums

Cheating is possible at this game... yup!

Sun, Oct 6 2013 6:16 PM (48 replies)
  • PeterPan8
    3 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 11:42 AM
    I read that some players are using some sort of macro to play the game so they are almost assured to hit the "bulls eye" all the time. To tell you the truth, I don't mind because there is no money involved in this game. If there was, that would be another problem... but, hey! it's only a game. Yet even with a macro, one has to aim perfectly on the green, with all the bumps and curves... that's impossible to program with a macro recorder... that's why I don't mind people who are using that "tool". Yet, do you know there is a VERY good game (a free one that is!) which you can play online (or not), and IMPOSSIBLE to cheat at... even with a macro recorder ;-) The game is called "Ski Challenge".... OK, it's not about golf, but this is Winter after all :-) So, after a good game of golf under the sun, go to the slopes, and try that game. Here's the link: http://www.skichallenge.ch/en/ You can play up to 6 spots in the world, there's even the Olympic one, at Whistler... BTW, I'm not payed whatsoever to tell you about this game. (After all the game is free.) I found it a couple of months ago, I played it, and I like it.... it's just so realistically fantastic!
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:34 PM

I wonder if people are really that jealous of Bollox and AvatarLee performance's that they would not condone cheating.   Those two players have alot of respect in the community as result of putting in the time in practice and to learn all aspects of this game.

I for one, if people want to cheat let them, so they can get booted.

• PeterPan8
    3 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:44 PM
    That's true. Yet even with a "macro tool", one has to be very good at reading the greens, and aiming in a strong wind. Whatever you do, in order to win one has to practice, and practice even more! That's exactly what I did in Sky Challenge, but even playing at it for days, I couldn't achieve more than to be in the top 20%... out of 10Ks of players mind you!
  • Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 1:12 PM

You read that people are using a "macro tool"..you meant....you read people are assuming some are using macro tool..Instead of some people spending more time in the forums complaining about others(not you peterpan)...they should be playing the game..thats where you get better...

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 1:19 PM

Peter, I thought your teachings are supposed to "awaken the knowledge and love for the divine things that are already in your heart."  At what point does that love extend to creating threads with the intent to arise unrest within an online gaming site?

If the thread was created with the intention to share your pleasure for the Ski game, why not just do that and not title your post with "Cheating is possible at this game... yup!" when your accusations are based solely on self-admitted assumption?  

"The road to God is the adventure of a lifetime."  Apparently that adventure involves a chop-block to WGT.  I think I'll pass on that collection basket.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 1:31 PM

PeterPan8:
    I read that some players are using some sort of macro to play the game so they are almost assured to hit the "bulls eye" all the time.

Where did you read this? I'm betting the author is well known and well banned for being an idiot. Just a wild guess.....

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 3:38 PM

Everybody has the right to their opinion - but really why bring this sh-t up all the time?? It just creates unrest in the community and personally I am sick to death reading posts on people cheating.

I am happy to let WGT do what they can,  it is not an easy solution and I am sure they are doing all they can to resolve some of these issues.

At the top level it doesn't happen !! End of story - yes there are sand-baggers in the lower tiers but not in the Master tier.

I personally dont give a sh-t if they do cheat.  So - I dont care, it doesnt concern me, I really dont give a rats if people cheat. Thats for them to live with - I just love the game, I play for the enjoyment of it - that it.

Sorry, I cant be wasting my time with this - I have to get back to the course.

Cheers

Doug

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 4:38 PM

Peter, What have you been smoking - I guarantee you if I could somehow hit the bullseye every time my average would drop substantially and I'd win a heck of a lot more credits.  It may not matter too much now, but when you can start using credits to buy things... http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/5038.aspx

To the larger question of whether anyone is using cheat software to ding the meter, I have no real knowledge of it and apparently neither do you.  It's WGT's responsibility to make sure no one is cheating and I'm satisfied they're doing their job. 

I just find these threads to be utterly pointless and demeaning to those who have put in the time and can post the kind of scores that most of us only wish we could. 

If you have any real knowledge of cheating send a private  e-mail to WGT instead of starting baseless threads. <members@worldgolftour.com>

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 3:56 PM

LMAO!, Man Oak that's good stuff. Ole fryer tuck's been sipping the wine again before services. I'd pass on that collection basket too. lol

Everyone knows there is no cheating going on at WGT. It's impossible, and like WGTniv has said before, WGT has a way to monitor cheats and cheating software. I'm with Chip, yes the cheating threads are getting old, but you gotta love some of the posts new members make on the cheating subject. too funny.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 5:59 AM

PeterPan8:
    ... <edited> ... The game is called "Ski Challenge".... OK, it's not about golf, but this is Winter after all :-) So, after a good game of golf under the sun, go to the slopes, and try that game. Here's the link: http://www.skichallenge.ch/en/ You can play up to 6 spots in the world, there's even the Olympic one, at Whistler... BTW, I'm not payed whatsoever to tell you about this game. (After all the game is free.) I found it a couple of months ago, I played it, and I like it.... it's just so realistically fantastic!

Thanks Pete!

Not a bad game at all! My fingers now feel like Lindsey Vonn's shin, though. Quite a "workout" on those arrow keys!

I'm wondering about the "Game Alarm" app that I allowed to be d/l'd along with Ski Challenge... haven't activated it yet.... s'posed to allow communication between online players during play with SC-10 and other games. 

If it would work with WGT, and wouldn't be too CPU-hungry, I might consider starting it up. Anyone have any info about it? Couldn't find anything on the net about it's capabilities/reliability/performance.

Could a moderator "split" this thread and rename it "Ski Challenge", "Game Alarm" or something else apropos? The multi-topic nature of it as it stands now is... well... disconcerting. Thanks.

RSS