Forums

Help › Forums

Cowards- all of you

Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:52 PM (113 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 7:15 PM

I must admit, this post has been a great laugh and the OP was silly posting it...lol.Lets us all settle down on this issue....lol.  30 secs, 60 secs, 90 secs....  I don't care...lol.

On a serious note though... with the issues with people having meter issues, I don't think a 30 second timer is good.  60 secs is ok, but if ya having a friendly game, the 90 secs is perfect. Does it really matter how much time you take to play a shot.... within reason of course.

Cheers

Roger

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 7:26 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Please elaborate on this one.  Can't quite figure out who and what you are talking about. Also your redundant use of double negatives is rather impressive.

Dude, you are taking this way too seriously........   :)

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:42 PM

TurkishTerror:

jakestanfill7:
    Please elaborate on this one.  Can't quite figure out who and what you are talking about. Also your redundant use of double negatives is rather impressive.

Dude, you are taking this way too seriously........   :)

Actually just having a little fun Turk!  Have had a smile on my face with every post.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:55 PM

Ahh, you must all forgive Jake.  I think he was inbred with competitiveness.  You may not know this but his father was a very competitive, quarterback-sacking defensive end for the undefeated (17-0) Super Bowl Champions in 1972... the Miami Dolphins.

So if Jake challenges Cavwa to a challenge match he's merely looking for a QB sack in honor of his dad.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 11:51 PM

Grr... those Dolphins made an 8 year old Redskins' fan in suburban MD cry.  Damn Jake Scott (who ironically ended up a Redskin later in his career)!

Thankfully, my Redskins won three of a subsequent four Super Bowl appearances, so I can forgive...

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 3:06 AM

JaLaBar:
    Damn Jake Scott

And even more ironically, guess who Jakestanfill is named after?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 6:01 AM

Doublemochaman:
    his father was a very competitive, quarterback-sacking defensive end for the undefeated (17-0) Super Bowl Champions in 1972

Do you think Jake toasts the last undefeated team in an NFL season losing their first game?  :-D

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 8:21 AM

I actually liked those Dolphins a lot.  Griese, Warfield, the No-Name and the three headed backfield (Cszonka (may or may not be spelled correctly), Morris, Kiick).  But I was/am a born-and-bred diehard 'Skins' fan.  And that was the first time sports made me cry :P

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 8:52 AM

YankeeJim:
    Do you think Jake toasts the last undefeated team in an NFL season losing their first game?

Not sure.  But I know who he doesn't toast: A diminutive kicker/punter from the island of Cyprus who on a botched field goal thinks he's a quarterback.

Found this funny snippet:  In his first game his coach told him that their team had lost the coin toss, at which point Yepremian ran to midfield and dropped to his knees looking for the coin.

(P.S.  This is as good a thread as any to hijack)

RSS