Forums

Help › Forums

My game is going downhill............WTF?

Thu, Mar 29 2012 7:25 PM (45 replies)
  • BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 7:01 PM

Relax dude. Cmon, do you  really expect to score with that starter putter?

Not gonna happen, get a nice Spider putter dude, and improve. Just my 3 cents.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 8:30 PM

MulliganWilly:
    biggest tip i can give ya when i first joined the place.. was ok what happens when you try and shoot this from the rough and what occurs when you select spin the ball this way and what happens with the wind and what goes on.. its plain physics and "rigged game" is the oddball thing in the situation.. ok so i noticed you're not a master.. well thats how i became one.. allright.. be a man and quit whining and step up to the plate and go, ok.. how do i beat the game. Quit being a willy-nilly, and stop your whining and go, ok.. this is how the computer electronics behave and how can i beat it.. allright.. so figure things out and run test matches alone with practice games and figure out what the hell is going on. Just trying to purchase clubs and balls and not knowing how the physics behave prior to, ain't gonna help ya at all. Allright.. so before you complain about things being rigged like i'm allowed to do because i tested it out in all conditions.. well perhaps go test things out on your own and take test shots and see what goes where in practice, no wind conditions, and see how things behave.. then you can factor in what their "wind" might do. Nice try though with these assholes rigging it cause i scientifically know they are so they can make more money.. so go shove that up your yin-yang.

Zantax may help ya!

PS Bob....saw nothing you needed to edit/delete... your opening post was a very valid query.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 10:07 PM

MBaggese:
    PS Bob....saw nothing you needed to edit/delete... your opening post was a very valid query.

Same here. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 10:53 PM

Bob,

can't say anything about your play - maybe you've become a bit cramped by the new situation (just a guess)?

Other than that, a few facts & opinions:

The average will only go up for a certain time, because the calculation started from scratch when you tiered up. Only a bunch of your best scores will be included there eventually.

The awards won't come in as easy as before because the gaps in counting can get quite high - look into your awards section. OTOH, I like the crystal ones most - shining blue...

As a TP, I liked to go for the scoring awards of the different courses - good practice!

Balls wear - a steady income to WGT.

The "very fast" greens at TP level are different to read & play - practice is the key, more than a new putter. FWIW, I still carry the starter...

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 11:32 PM

One can see your struggling and frustrated, quite a common circumstance here, especially when you tier up, longer tees, faster greens etc. One thing if have noticed, you don't seem to play any social games, ie Alt shot etc. You may be surprised at how much better you can play when not over thinking things and having some fun. May just be the thing to get you moving again, without the pressure to perform. Also playing with other people you can see how they play each course, and each hole, where's best to land it etc.

Give it go, have fun.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 9:36 AM

Many THANKS to you guys for such "positive" input here.  Yeah.....I've been a bit down about my play lately.  I REALLY APPRECIATE your really good suggestions!  I have found that playing with other members is more FUN than playing alone.....and seeing how others hit the ball (and the chats)....have helped me learn.  Also need to play ALL of the courses.  I tried spending time playing in "practice mode".....problem there is that the WIND is minimal and the greens are SLOW.....so, not really helpful (other than a bad round doesn't pull my average down).  Need to just suck it up and play "ranked rounds"....and play more matches and with other members.  THANKS again, everyone!!! Bob

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:04 AM

Hi Bob... just an FYI, all the full-play courses, in Practice Mode, allow you to choose wind speed and green speed.  Most allow you to select your tees of preference and pin placement, as well.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:17 AM

Thanks "Doublemochaman"......duh.........didn't know.  Good to know...being able to change pin placement, green speed & wind will definitely help me!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:44 AM

BOBTX61:

Good to know...being able to change pin placement, green speed & wind will definitely help me!

Just keep in mind that practice scores don't count towards your average, just the ranked ones do. Also, playing the free weekly unlimiteds is a good way to experience your tier conditions first hand. You can take 10 shots a hole and restart any time you want, just don't finish the round.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:15 AM

BOBTX, stay happy man, you have played 219 ranked rounds. I have played 1520. YJ knows I am the worse TM in WGT. I just keep coming back for another whooping, once in a while I am the Whooper instead of the Whoopee. Takes time, a lot more for some than others. I am one of the somes, if you haven't guessed. I think it was YJ a while back who said he couldn't imagine the Squirrel and Legend used in the same sentence. I am convinced he has a little stuffed squirrel doll and he sticks pins in it every few days. Look at my scoring history lately, I am now a porcupine. Hang in there sir, it can get worse, or better, depending on who you are. Don't let this game get to you. The friendships on here, mean way more to me than any unbelievable low score ever could.

RSS