Forums

Help › Forums

Oh well I Tried.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:07 AM (27 replies)
  • wesstahl
    5 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2012 9:17 PM

I agree with  Ren, I am tired of the inconsistant pattern, It appears that no one at WGT understand some of the  simple golf logic,  180 yard from the hole with a 20 mph aiding wind you drop a club (165 yd club) and it goes 161 yards, they you take the next club up and you fly the green.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2012 9:22 PM

renniw52:

I hear ya TBE, maybe I am trying to hard, over thinking, something is wrong with my game. I just want to get to the parking lot tees. Then, I will accept every shot that goes bad, until I half figure it out again. It's just a bit tough, accepting shots you've made a hundred times, turning out completely wrong.

Hang in there Renn.

You are trying to hard.... just relax and those 30's will start to appear, even in 18hole games if there is a 30 on the front your Ave. might fall too. Play courses that you like and are easy for your game.  Games with Low Winds.

Just have fun and don't push it.

-Roger

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2012 9:38 PM

mon  ami ,,,,,everybody ,,saying the same thing  dont give up ,,,,,,  you see the finish line     its taking for ever   ,,,i  know we all been   on the same bumpy road ,one gent said it best you get to 61,,,    and the real test starts ,,,,then one day if you dont give up  it will appen  ,,,,,,,it did for me  and you know i can not be compared to any great Legend ,but   i for once i did not quit  something hard   (just a game they say )its much more then that .......................   you try to hard  ,....  mon ami

• walterjordan
    134 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2012 11:34 PM

What time do we Tee Off tomorrow?....lol, the ultimate quit....lol

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 12:22 AM

Renniw,

I decided I was going for the legend tier one day.  When I did finally make that leap it took me weeks of smashing rounds of 29's mixed with a few 33's just to get close.  Once I got to 61.04 it took me forever to make it!  All my shots were just junk.  I finally decided to just play like normal again (shoot the breeze) with friends and walah! 

Just relax, have fun, it will happen eventually.  You are a great player with some great talents and it will show when you are here to just have fun.

Rich

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:27 AM

Seems you may have been right about the leaderboard one but it sure looks like you have plenty of support to push you over the line,When it's my turn I'd love the support to encourage my final push in no hurry ATM just enjoying the learning process,again GOOD LUCK to you sir.  :)

GC.  

renniw52:

Thanks for the comments Garry. You have me confused with the other Renn. I have never been on a leader board. Have never played in a credit tourney, not even close to that skill yet. I have played the other courses several times, may give them a shot again. Thanks for the input.

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 2:27 AM

thebigeasy707:
    .when you're almost at the magical 61 figure.....for some reason the game does go against you

TRUE

thebigeasy707:
    It did for me and many others I know too.

TRUE

thebigeasy707:
    The trick is to play through the bad spells.

And TRUE,Alot of TM`s including myself were ready to call time on WGT close to that 61+ number but i took a week or so off from playing and came back some what fresher and got stuck in and let it happen,you will reach the legend tier but not if your beating yourself up about it,relax,enjoy the game,find your flow and we will see you on the back tee`s very soon,duda51

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:53 AM

Thanks again everyone. I'm on my way to get in a real 18 before this temp. hits the expected 84 today. Hope I don't have a jumpy meter, and the old Cobra's hit straight.

• Topcat488
    172 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:29 AM

there ya go... Nice to have you back.  Oh wait a minute... yer talkin' bout goin outside n playin foos real?

Good Luck. -n- Don't get too tanned.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 2:43 PM

Excellent day on the real thing. Two sons and grandson. Doesn't get any better than that. The old cobras were true to the course, if I sliced, it went in the woods. If I clanked a good one down the middle, it stayed in the fairway, (imagine that). My real Cleveland wedges reacted like they should, and the trusty odessey was on the mark. Shot a 11 over for 18, but it was real. And to think, I get frustrated when I can't shoot 6 under on here. A real good eye opener. At 60 I can't shoot better than an 83 on a real course, why in the hell should I expect to shoot under par on video golf?

RSS