Mon, Apr 2 2012 12:05 PM

renniw52:
    At 60 I can't shoot better than an 83 on a real course,

Good for you sir....:)

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 3:01 PM

renniw52:

Excellent day on the real thing. Two sons and grandson. Doesn't get any better than that. The old cobras were true to the course, if I sliced, it went in the woods. If I clanked a good one down the middle, it stayed in the fairway, (imagine that). My real Cleveland wedges reacted like they should, and the trusty odessey was on the mark. Shot a 11 over for 18, but it was real. And to think, I get frustrated when I can't shoot 6 under on here. A real good eye opener. At 60 I can't shoot better than an 83 on a real course, why in the hell should I expect to shoot under par on video golf?

Way to go REnni! You dah man!

I'm sure you will treasure a day of golf with son's and grandson WAY more than a stupid vidio golf game anyhow!

That's about my ave. for 18 holes, around a 83 or more lol! Sometime I been lucky & parred 9 hole. Good to see you had a great time! Sons are the most special  to be golfin with.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 3:36 PM

Thank you Bubba, it is special times for sure. Seems when you get older, your sons are too busy. Kind of like the cat in the cradle. would love to dad if I can find the time. My grandson was the one who told his dad (my oldest son) and my younger son, hey guys, Old School (that's me), needs a day with his boys. Great day, low winds, lots of sun. I hit one ball in the woods and walked right over and picked it up. got a snowman on that hole. The boys can't believe I still beat them again. I play old man golf, don't try to kill it, keep it in play. They can crush it, but spend a lot of time in the rough. I hope I have a bunch of those days to come, and hope that everyone on WGT who has the chance, will take it. Hug those kids, tell them you love them, and then whoop their butts on the golf course. Mine are way too big to put over my knee. The grandson is 6ft 1 and weighs 237. Enjoy life all.

• wesstahl
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 6:10 PM

I agree Ren, I have shot some really good scores and it feels like someone controls your shots. i have better luck with Tiger Woods on my Playstation.  As soon as i use up my current credits i am bidding adios amigos to WGT.  I dont even understand the US Open scores  of 59.  I have had and give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 9:09 AM

Well, I took my little hiatus.  I listened to all the good advice and support. Most of my friends know by now, on May 8th at 8:08 pm, I shot my lowest round of 28 after 1618 ranked ranks and made Legend. I think 8 is my new lucky number. I still have the wth shots, unexplainables and what nots, but I am enjoying the game again. The big boy tees are a lot of fun. All new challenges have put the fun back in it. I have played very little since getting over the hump. Now when I log in, it is to try new shots. I don't get upset when a shot I have done hundreds of times goes wrong. I don't have those same old shots anymore. It's a real treat when you have a 21 mph tailwind and crank one 340-350 yrds. Of course my second shot to green may still be 230 or more. this is where it is fun, no short iron on that shot. Now you have to think, can I hold the green if I go for it, or should I play smart? Whole new game, I highly recommend that any one who is holding back from Legend, grit your teeth and go for it. I don't have to grind and get upset now. I am not trying to do anything now, but play with friends and have fun.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 10:47 AM

renniw52:

Well, I took my little hiatus.  I listened to all the good advice and support. Most of my friends know by now, on May 8th at 8:08 pm, I shot my lowest round of 28 after 1618 ranked ranks and made Legend. I think 8 is my new lucky number. I still have the wth shots, unexplainables and what nots, but I am enjoying the game again. The big boy tees are a lot of fun. All new challenges have put the fun back in it. I have played very little since getting over the hump. Now when I log in, it is to try new shots. I don't get upset when a shot I have done hundreds of times goes wrong. I don't have those same old shots anymore. It's a real treat when you have a 21 mph tailwind and crank one 340-350 yrds. Of course my second shot to green may still be 230 or more. this is where it is fun, no short iron on that shot. Now you have to think, can I hold the green if I go for it, or should I play smart? Whole new game, I highly recommend that any one who is holding back from Legend, grit your teeth and go for it. I don't have to grind and get upset now. I am not trying to do anything now, but play with friends and have fun.

Very well said. I'm a new Legend and the shots are all exciting again. I have to try shots instead of repeating shots. The same old became all new from the tips. It's pretty cool.

Re: the score average and getting upset, It's all washed away. Whatever happens just happens. :-)

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:07 AM

AAaaaahhhhh, Legend. When all your worries about getting that elusive 61 average are washed away with the satisfaction of finally having done it and just playing for the enjoyment of having to learn the game all over again.:~)) I can't wait for that day. LOL

64.62 at the moment and struggling. It's taken me nearly 12 months to get this far.

I can see it taking me the same again just to lose that 3.62. he he.

Well done renni. I hope you start enjoying your Golf again.

Mel

RSS