Forums

Help › Forums

Pick one New Course - What would it be ?

Wed, Sep 29 2010 4:58 PM (46 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 11:40 PM

Hi All, 

Recently I submitted a post - "Your top 4 courses" and there were lots of great choices.

Now I want people to pick just one - yep (1) one only. Might focus WGT's decision making on the next course.

Out of my original 4 choices I am going to pick - WOLF CREEK as the one course above all others that I'd like to see on WGT.

Why - well, I think it is the complete challenge. There is hardly a flat piece of ground anywhere on that course and for what its worth, the scenery is stunning.

I just played it on TWO - WOW (no - not going to get into that discussion) but the topography of the course is amazing, and personally I think it would be a stiffer test than BPB - now that is really saying something. It doesn't have the length of BPB but boy it has a number of BPB #15's on there lol

I know I am not the only one here that would like to see Wolf Creek promoted to 18 hole stroke and match play.

So whats it to be ?

Cheers Doug

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:16 AM

How about Oakmont?  :^D

*Edit*           ^^^^^^^^^^  Click the link!!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:33 AM

For all-around enjoyment, history, challenge, beauty... and great gin & tonics on the veranda of the lodge overlooking the 18th, I'd have to go with PEBBLE BEACH.

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:45 AM

I will go with the TPC Stadium couse at Jacksonville, FL.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:06 AM

Doublemochaman:

For all-around enjoyment, history, challenge, beauty... and great gin & tonics on the veranda of the lodge overlooking the 18th, I'd have to go with PEBBLE BEACH.

It is true. The Del Monte Lodge is top shelf...Pebble Beach is a step above. As one plays it the first time, they will notice it becomes slightly more difficult with each hole advancement...that is, if they can quit being overcome by the ardent eye candy that will over rule keeping your eye on the ball.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 9:08 AM

I feel like I have played Pebble so much on TW games, I am exhausted by it, even though it would be the real course.  My choice, however impossible, would be Augusta.  I will trade the gin and tonics at Pebble, for Mint Julips at Amens Corner.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 9:55 AM

neildiamond11790:

I feel like I have played Pebble so much on TW games, I am exhausted by it, even though it would be the real course.  My choice, however impossible, would be Augusta.  I will trade the gin and tonics at Pebble, for Mint Julips at Amens Corner.

Agreed! Not about the TW games, which I know nothing about, but the real McCoy.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 4:03 PM

Royal County Down

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 4:39 PM
    I really like that choice.... If not Oakmont..How about Torrey Pines???
  • oppy
    286 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 6:24 PM

aceydeucey:
    I really like that choice.... If not Oakmont..How about Torrey Pines???

No I don't think Torrey Pines would be a good idea very much. It is a very overrated golf course, I guarantee nobody would know anything about it and wouldn't hold a PGA tournament if it didn't views of the pacific.

RSS