Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Boycott Coin Rooms & Turf War

Sat, Aug 31 2024 11:08 PM (20 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,996 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2024 4:21 PM

bossbird:
    I play in Chelsea for several reasons . A quick game with no pressure to do my sponsorships , no longer bothered about the coins , keeping my CDP going (tho not sure why ! Tomorrow will be 3000 days ) , and main reason is I can play where , when and how I want to , because it’s just a game.

I'll add another reason to this.  WGT has made it an Achievement to play 20 games in Chelsea.  I played my 20 games there (as a Champion) just to knock out the Achievement.  I probably won't ever go back there again.

BTW, congratulations on 3000 CDP, Leslie 🍺

bossbird:
    Perhaps you could explain to your players , it’s only a game , it’s an opportunity for them to seek advice or recommendations from more experienced players.

That is a great point.  If you're matched with a more talented opponent, you can take the opportunity to learn from them.  Like Lesley says, ask for advice and recommendations. Ask what type of shot they would hit and with how much spin. Most long-time players are more than willing to help other players get better. Or just watch what types of shots they hit - observe and learn.

• BlackBogey
    455 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2024 8:53 PM

SamSpayed:

That is a great point.  If you're matched with a more talented opponent, you can take the opportunity to learn from them.  Like Lesley says, ask for advice and recommendations. Ask what type of shot they would hit and with how much spin. Most long-time players are more than willing to help other players get better. Or just watch what types of shots they hit - observe and learn.

Not sure about anyone else, but I am shot clock challenged, not much explaining would get done from me.  I have a hard enough time figuring out my shot and executing it in 45 seconds.  I might throw in the occasional "GL and HF" or "VNS" or "Gr8 Putt", but that's about my typing limit and still get a shot off in 45 seconds 😉 

• SamSpayed
    4,996 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2024 9:40 PM

BlackBogey:
    Not sure about anyone else, but I am shot clock challenged, not much explaining would get done from me.  I have a hard enough time figuring out my shot and executing it in 45 seconds.  I might throw in the occasional "GL and HF" or "VNS" or "Gr8 Putt", but that's about my typing limit and still get a shot off in 45 seconds 😉 

You can always type during your opponent's turn 😉 

• Squatch031
    193 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2024 11:32 AM

Excellent call on providing advice or help when playing in the coin games.  This would be a step up from the ns, np, etc. I get all the time, which I hate.  Main reason I usually turn chat off.  I am a Legend and play the lower coin game rooms for enjoyment,  Beverly Hills offers nine holes for a few coins.  I have tried getting matches in match, stroke play, or skins game rooms but often get kicked out by individual who started the game.  Also hard to even find a game.

• Squatch031
    193 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2024 11:34 AM

Great point.  There plenty of options for playing practice rounds with no clock and you can't take mulligans.  I spent many an hour practicing shots when I started out.

• bossbird
    2,219 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2024 12:18 PM

Samspayed , thank you for the balls , you shouldn’t have , I am sure there are lots of players with 3000 CDP . 

• BlackBogey
    455 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2024 12:16 AM

Squatch031:

Excellent call on providing advice or help when playing in the coin games.  This would be a step up from the ns, np, etc. I get all the time, which I hate.  Main reason I usually turn chat off.  I am a Legend and play the lower coin game rooms for enjoyment,  Beverly Hills offers nine holes for a few coins.  I have tried getting matches in match, stroke play, or skins game rooms but often get kicked out by individual who started the game.  Also hard to even find a game.

You'd have much better luck getting any kind of game you wanted if you joined an active CC, just sayin'.

• GuysDrive
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2024 1:54 PM

Ya know, I've been playing for sometime now, and for the last month its become clear there is no fair play competition here. You can't expect it. The new algorithm is only geared to make wgt money. Im all for the gaming earning revenue, but dont lie to the players and failingly try to disguise it as "fair competition. You can't play the course, your opponent and the algorithm together fairly. I was very anxious to progress and improve until it became predictable how wgt is cheating and screwing over its paying players. I for one no longer care about progressing. From now on I will simply be a casual player who, when bored enough, will open this app. Not another penny will be spent. 

• BlackBogey
    455 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2024 9:45 PM

GuysDrive:

Ya know, I've been playing for sometime now, and for the last month its become clear there is no fair play competition here. You can't expect it. The new algorithm is only geared to make wgt money. Im all for the gaming earning revenue, but dont lie to the players and failingly try to disguise it as "fair competition. You can't play the course, your opponent and the algorithm together fairly. I was very anxious to progress and improve until it became predictable how wgt is cheating and screwing over its paying players. I for one no longer care about progressing. From now on I will simply be a casual player who, when bored enough, will open this app. Not another penny will be spent. 

Please elaborate, what specifically are they are doing to cheat and screw you?  And what new algorithm is there?  

• MuzzySmeller
    10 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2024 12:15 AM

I often play in the Chelsea room to grind apparel. The step up in quality of player you face from the 500 coin room to the 20,000 coin room is vast. You can easily face multiple tournament winners in a row in Rio, and you are unlikely to break even unless paying for expensive balls. With the rake, you need to win over 50% of matches to break even. The increased apparel quantities you win playing in the Rio room are pitiful when offset against a lower win/loss ratio, and make playing in this room not particularly worthwhile. The risk of quickly losing thousands of coins is high, and coins stacks need to be protected especially when they are also constantly drained when levelling up apparel. I can make a small net coin gain playing in the Rio room, but the coin swings are huge and gameplay intense and on balance get less apparel rewards for my efforts. You have to be an above average legend to break even in that room. So for most players at legend level or below, playing in Chelsea just makes sense for casual gaming. Lower level players have a big distance advantage off the tee if they can be bothered to keep their equipment in line with their level, and mostly i’m matched with players well above level 90 and tour master level.  I’d love WGT to add additional intermediate coin room steps, and to give respectable apparel incentives for playing in higher tier rooms or longer format games (e.g 9 x apparel for winning a 9 hole game vs a 1 hole game). But until they do this, most players are going to play in Chelsea a lot, because thats the smart thing to do. I understand your frustrations, but please blame the system, not other players.

RSS