Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Boycott Coin Rooms & Turf War

Mon, Oct 14 2024 6:59 PM (23 replies)
  • funkyshot0
    17 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2024 11:08 PM

Yea. Its a tough topic. I agree that its unfair a tour pro matched with champion especially when were truing to get win streak in coin games achievement or just need to earn coins to upgraid apparel. I think handicap scores should be implemented not only couple meters apart for tea. Pff

• Juanasteros
    9 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2024 1:05 PM

That's a very interesting point regarding handicaps. It must have already been discussed, shirley? If so, what was the conclusion? In the real golf world, high handicappers can enjoy a meaningful game against scratch or single figure players, thanks to the handicap system. Is there any reason it can't be done in WGT? Incidentally, if a handicap system IS introduced, even if initially on a trial basis, please, PLEASE don't use the new yankee system which has totally destroyed ready-go golf in the UK. One needs to be a mathematical genius to work out the number of shots each player shall have. Several factors must be taken into account; slope index, colour of tees, wind speed, inside leg measurement . . . . utterly ridiculous! Tirade terminated. :-) 

• Nancy1959
    7,244 Posts
    Mon, Oct 7 2024 12:04 AM

It's amazing to me that this is even coming up as an issue.  WGT often offers a daily or CC goal of winning games in the Chelsea Room, for example.  Lately, I've been playing in those daily goals, as I've stopped spending a dime on this game and that gives me some credits to play with.

When I have played there, I often meet sandbaggers at tiers hack to tour pro (many experienced and good players who are purposely staying at the lower tiers to gain an advantage) who have about 100-yard advantage off of most every tee and they can often drive the ball as far as I do.  What more advantage do they want, lol?

~Nancy

• stovepipes0
    562 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2024 6:59 PM

Play the coin games to level up on apparel.  I used to dislike Legends and Champions playing me as a Master but I found out, as I moved up the tiers, that at least they are the ones being honest.  I've had many coin matches with players who had over 10,000 rounds under their belts who were 'Tour Masters.'  My estimate is that over 75% of players in the coin rooms manipulate their tier to their advantage. 

Stoves

RSS