Forums

Help › Forums

New and Older Cheats ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:20 PM (67 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 6:04 PM

We do pursue people who violate the terms of the site, but please keep this conversation friendly.

thanks 

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 6:10 PM

BOBTX61 who posted on my wall. Thanks for the block boy, you did me a favor.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 6:34 PM

I just believe that ALL of us here on WGT have much in common.....our love for the game of golf. 

Hey, there will ALWAYS be someone better than we are.  But, regardless of what TIER you're in.... or what your AVERAGE is....I believe we all should show RESPECT for one another.......just saying.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 7:02 PM

WGTadmin2:

We do pursue people who violate the terms of the site, but please keep this conversation friendly.

That is all good, but it would also be nice if you addressed the actual cheat methods. It is out there and it is growing. We can pretend it does not exist, but the more it spreads, the more likely are we to become paranoid and assume that whoever beat us is cheating.

• Ohjoy40
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 7:20 PM

Finally someone that knows this issue exists.  I dont understand why people are taking such offense to my allegations of cheating software.  Its out there, and dont understand the personal attacks on character and ability's.  I was just simply asking the question if anyone is aware of another cheating program that allows people to make putts as it was very suspicious when one of our opponents (alternate shot game) made every putt and each was ridiculously tough and long. 

The only reason anyone is probably getting upset at me and making rude and uncalled for comments is probably one that is using the cheat program themselves.  So stop it, play nice, and just take my comment for what it is.  A comment.

Here by the way are a few sources of cheating programs JUST to prove my point they do exist.

http://www.golfmeter.somee.com/

http://www.mafiawars-tricks.info/swingbot/info.html

just to name a few.

They do exist and hope someday WGT can eliminate any possibility of cheating in the future.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:05 PM

Ohjoy40:
    I was just simply asking the question if anyone is aware of another cheating program that allows people to make putts

As I said earlier, that is math and you do not need a cheat program to be very good at putting. You need to be very ambitious to do the math though :)
    After a few thousand putts, your brain starts to make the calculations automatically, even if you never touched the calculator. Much like we learn to catch an object flying in the air towards us. That is advanced math that we do in an instant, without cheat programs. But try it on a 2 year old kid... 

It is nothing strange there really, computers like math and on top of the photos you see there is another, normally invisible, layer of logic. We play on that layer.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 4:54 AM

Ohjoy40:
    I dont understand why people are taking such offense to my allegations of cheating software. 

Because you claimed you were pretty good but couldn't hang with the better players and then went on to insinuate they were using cheat programs. I've been here over 3 years and am still waiting for someone to actually prove that this is happening.

Keep your mafia wars relate, you're not comparing apples and oranges. With no download necessary to play this game there's no avenue for cheat access. The best you can try to do is come up with something that swings for you and that fails miserably when you factor in the meter, such as it is. 

Until you come up with concrete proof, not just some wild speculation, you look like everybody else that isn't good enough to sink every putt in a round and resorts to the cheat card.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 11:07 AM

To "YankeeJim".....I tend to AGREE with you on this issue.  There just may be what SEEM like cheat progams out there....but, don't see that they are real.  Like putting here on WGT...it's similar (to me) with REAL golf, it takes many, many "ranked rounds" and a TON of practice to get good at it....it's not going to come over night. 

I feel its a bit disrespectful to WGT members who have done well over the years.....who have put in the hundeds of hours (and skills) to acheve the LEGEND tier.

I'm confident that WGT is always keeping their eyes open for ANY cheat programs that would infringe on their website's copyrights. 

If anyone finds any concrete proof of any cheat programs on-line.....just report it to WGT; But, I seriously doubt you will find one that will help you.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 11:33 AM

BOBTX61:
    I feel its a bit disrespectful to WGT members who have done well over the years.....who have put in the hundeds of hours (and skills) to acheve the LEGEND tier.

This is probably what irks me the most when I see posts like the OP's. I have watched the great players here do their thing and it's something to behold. Good for them, good for the game and shame on anybody for demeaning their efforts.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 3:17 PM

been called sandbagger so many times i wish id charged a dime

i find this game fun, better way to spend my time

i just cant putt, period

again i have fun and sometimes i cant miss

(especially when i play YJ)

it will come,cant get any worse

remember its a annoying irritating mind boggling frustrating  game

just have fun!!

G