Help › Forums

New and Older Cheats ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:20 PM (67 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 8:43 AM

YankeeJim:
    LOL. Can I buy whatever you're smoking? Cheat codes? Do you even know how cheat codes work? Have you any clue how an auto dinger deals with the meter inconsistency?
    I also seriously doubt there is cheat codes, but it is not uncommon that developers put those in to speed up development. They need to test "92%, 0%" (latter meaning 'ding') maybe a 100 times in a row to compare results and tweak them. Usually those codes  do not go into the public release. 

The auto dinger, I don't know if it works but I know it can be built. If you say it is bad in dealing with inconsistency, I take your word for it, but I know those programs can be built to work with a relatively low amount of effort.

Sticking the head in the sand does not make then problem go away and I have the feeling that is exactly what both you and WGT are doing. I have alerted them of some software that exist on the market but they do not respond. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 9:29 AM

Tightrope:
    Sticking the head in the sand does not make then problem go away and I have the feeling that is exactly what both you and WGT are doing.

Then why has there not been a shred of proof to date? Cheat codes require access to the source code and unless you're capable of hacking WGT and getting at wherever they keep it, they're totally useless if they exist. Big if there.

Auto dingers rely on exact timing. I have seen how they work only because some enterprising fool thought he could sell the idea and posted a video on how it works. When was the last time you saw a consistent meter, however smooth? IMO , head fully inserted into the sand, that's by design.

Do you really think WGT isn't 10 steps ahead of you?

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 9:36 AM

YankeeJim:
    Do you really think WGT isn't 10 steps ahead of you?

No. But I have no wish to prove it.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 9:36 AM

Tightrope:
    Usually those codes  do not go into the public release.

Bank websites, credit card company databases, even government sites are hacked all the time. The 'best' minds in the business are employed to secure those sites. No offense to the to programmers here, but I really doubt WGT puts in the same effort to secure it's site as our government does. If someone with the knowledge has the desire and the time, they are going to find a way to cheat. How helpful that cheat would truly be is another issue. Even if you ding every shot, you still have to understand the wind, elevation change, etc along with the inconsistencies built in to the game. You can ding every putt, but if you can't read break, it's pointless.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 9:42 AM

GlassMan27:

Tightrope:
    Usually those codes  do not go into the public release.

Bank websites, credit card company databases, even government sites are hacked all the time. The 'best' minds in the business are employed to secure those sites. No offense to the to programmers here, but I really doubt WGT puts in the same effort to secure it's site as our government does. If someone with the knowledge has the desire and the time, they are going to find a way to cheat. How helpful that cheat would truly be is another issue. Even if you ding every shot, you still have to understand the wind, elevation change, etc along with the inconsistencies built in to the game. You can ding every putt, but if you can't read break, it's pointless.

I agree with all that but what is discussed here is if cheating is possible and if cheating exists. We know it is possible. We know that as soon as we know it is possible, we will easily start thinking "he cheats" rather than "wow, that was a great shot". Not all of us, but many. Then the discomfort spreads like a virus and the game is no fun anymore.

I guess best would be if WGT deleted this thread (yes I am serious) and then made some real, visible, effort to kill the most common way of cheating. Sometimes it is better if we do not suspect anything and talking about it will make more people suspicious, it will make more people become a bit more creative with Google.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 10:48 AM

I think, regarding putting, that there might be necessary to add some visible "randomness", some things that makes it more difficult to calculate them. Most of us know how to calculate the power of a putt with 1 ft precision and some also know how to calculate the break using a stopwatch. What if there was some areas that was a bit darker (slower) and some that was lighter? Then we would have to guess a bit. What if some dots where question marks so that we do not know if it is exactly 2.7 seconds between grid lines? 

There might be other ways, maybe the  green should be shown as a proper wireframe, without the moving dots, similar to this:

I don't know. All I know is that currently the only thing that messes up the calculations is the invisible VEM and the precision of the clubs, and both parameters is pretty frustrating if you know you made a good shot.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 11:50 AM

lonniescott711:
    People would rather lie , steal or cheat , instead of doing things honestly

Yep just look at our Government!!!!

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 11:55 AM

claremoreblue:
    Just another St. Andrews legend.

"blue" as always liked your diplomacy...:)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:00 PM

SOYEL1:
    ( .. My cheat program is getting old... cannot ding as often.

Keep searching......it's out there!

RSS