Forums

Help › Forums

What's up with the new exchange for # of video views to credits?

Wed, Sep 12 2012 7:54 PM (63 replies)
  • Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:23 PM

WRWil:

Wonder if anyone will listen? My 2 cents

WRWil

Wrwilson1957, Aug 28 19:08 (CST): A new problem has been reported. The details are as follows : 

Partner : WGTcom 

Customer ID : 1892490 

Topic : Other 

Description : Why was there no warning about the new exchange of video views for credits.There should have at least been an announcement of an effective date for this change so current views would be exchanged at the rate of 75 credits for 50 views.This change apparently happened today-08/28/12. My credits have been cut in half without notice and I had 2400 unredeemed views before this happened. Any chance WGT will do the right thing and allow us to redeem our views for the original rate prior to this change? 

I doubt it. I believe they are too hard up. This is the worst they could of done to this site. I am very ticked at this decision, because it was the only way to get credits for me, and now they made it more difficult. So I am one that has stopped altogether as of today using that option.

It took me almost two weeks to get descent amount of credits, and now it will take a month. Stupid is all I can say. Heard the saying "rich are stingy"? Now they made a new low to that. I am staying on this site, but any one asks about joining, I will give the truthful facts about this.

Why even bother talking in the forums either. Most of the talk in forums is 25% or less actual listening to the players from wgt. This is just beyond comprehension. I will not be over this just over night. 

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:21 PM

I believe Icon when he says it was not entirely WGT's decision. Livegamer videos are advertising, just like any other advertising. Two different scenarios could lead to what happened today.

One, they were not getting any click-throughs since too many of us were just viewing for credits and not even remotely interested in buying any of the products. They determined that the program was not benefitting the advertisers to the amount that they were paying for it. If that is the case don't expect the requirement to ever be reduced again.

Second, they were paying out so many views and credits that they decided to test the waters and see what level of compensation the market would bear. If the views stop they might decide to lower the requirement again.

Either way the end result is that Livegamer has decided to cut back what they are willing to pay WGT for the program. Our ability to play this game suffers as a result.

WGT did an incredibly poor job of communicating with their customers, which is exactly what WGT does. As a courtesy they should have negotiated with Livegamer to suspend all new videos for a couple days and instructed the customer to cash out what they had as "the program is being adjusted."

So, it is what it is. Now each consumer here has to decide whether it is worth the effort  and how much to curtail their play. Looks like I'll be sticking almost exclusively to one CTTH game a day to stretch the golf ball usage. At least until some other means of earning credits is put into motion.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:01 AM

Hi

it wasn't entirely our decision. In order to continue offering these, we had to raise it. I didn't like it either, but I rather have this at these levels than not have it at all.

-wgticon

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:58 AM

Sorry, Icon. You can repeat that pat answer as often as you want but it does not answer any of the customer service issues related to the implementation of the changes. Simply put, your advertising sales people and programmers knew that changes were coming. They definitely should have known that would seriously impact some players and they failed miserably at customer service once again. If the sales department failed to alert the customer service people and formulate a plan then WGT as a company has the wrong people in management positions.

Changes like that do not happen overnight. Contract changes and dates have to be ironed out or the change is dictated by the advertiser with an effective date. Usually in business those happen at the beginning, middle or end of month. Even if only a week's notice was given to WGT that was one week for WGT to alert their customers that the redemption program was changing and holders of views should redeem them for credits before the value of them changed.

I have no objection to the reduction in value but I do object to the poor way that WGT communicates with its customers. As a company you continue to fail miserably at basic areas of customer service 101.

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:33 AM

WGTicon:

Hi

it wasn't entirely our decision. In order to continue offering these, we had to raise it. I didn't like it either, but I rather have this at these levels than not have it at all.

-wgticon

I don't really believe that -.- The way it's set up now that's 2000 credits a year, you can't get any top clubs with it. Considering surveys never work, you're stuck either waiting for years just to get clubs that'll probably be surpassed in cost by better clubs by then, or putting money into it.

This is just WGT pressing more and more to make people buy credits, may as well just outright put their foots up everyones ass and make it a pay-to-play site, ugh.

• Ramsons202
    25 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:45 AM

good thing i bought the driver that i wanted just in time for wgt to raise the cerdit srcore               like in life nothing in life is free so suck it up an have some fun its to short good luck all you die hard golfers

• bonhoeffe
    111 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:58 AM

I couldn't believe it when I saw the new exchange rates - was disappointed. Yet, the same day i was able to complete a cell phone survey that netted 175 credits. I certainly will watch even few of the live gamer videos now... the ones above the carousel are for credits, not views, I think. The McDonald farmers are old friends, though. I just discount the value of watching them in my mind.

I'll continue to play, and continue to do so without paying. I don't ever expect to make tour legend, so it's the older man playing at his club for fun and companionship ...

a little less about pressing to be always improving...there comes a time when that's a good thing...

• assinthehole
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 11:01 AM

NO warning!!  im not playing 2day. It stinks around here. (wgt). I'm going down to the sewage plant for a breath of fresh air.

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 11:24 AM

bonhoeffe:

I couldn't believe it when I saw the new exchange rates - was disappointed. Yet, the same day i was able to complete a cell phone survey that netted 175 credits. I certainly will watch even few of the live gamer videos now... the ones above the carousel are for credits, not views, I think. The McDonald farmers are old friends, though. I just discount the value of watching them in my mind.

I'll continue to play, and continue to do so without paying. I don't ever expect to make tour legend, so it's the older man playing at his club for fun and companionship ...

a little less about pressing to be always improving...there comes a time when that's a good thing...

Yeah but people like me never are able to get jack from stupid surveys no matter what we put, and the mcdonalds ones for some reason aren't working for me, i watched like 5 and got 0 views, wtf is up with that wgt :|

I have all starting clubs except my putter right now for this very reason, considering I have to scrounge for credits since I don't have the money to chuck at this silly online game, I'm not gonna waste credits on mid level clubs, and I'd like to get to the higher level ones sooner rather than later since it takes a lot of time to learn new clubs, and I'd like to move up in tiers, which I'm scared and refuse to do with starter clubs since even bogeying would be tough from the further back tees. It sucks.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 11:30 AM

It's their game and they can do whatever they want with it. The only thing that's annoyed me is not giving us a couple of days notice. You need to be more user friendly WGT.

RSS