Forums

Help › Forums

Very close to posting names.

Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:09 AM (74 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 11:40 AM

Seeing I am the one who started this thread, I feel compelled to respond. With all due Respect, and trying to stay classy, here I go. The above response seems to be beating around the bush. It will not take additional resources (personnel =$$$$) to get to the bottom of this problem. We (the members of WGT), do not call out hundreds of so called multi accounters. When one is so obvious, a member will call them out. I work for a very busy company too, not all personnel are non stop busy their entire day on the job. If certain members of your team are swamped, then delegate the investigation to another person to check into the allegation. There are numerous members of WGT, who are highly trained in the computer field, who could bust these culprits in a matter of minutes. The honest members here, pay their money, play religiously, and toot the WGT horn. They deserve protection from the parasites who circumvent the system. Again, I have never played for credits, so I have not been personally burnt by one of these scums. For the ones who are honest, straight forward and have always had one account, my post is for them. You read the comments, WGT will do nothing, this just means extra money in their pockets, etc, etc. If this is the design, just say so, then the ones who want to play that way can reach the Legend tier, then open a new account and take everyone to the cleaners. For the rest of us, we will just let the chips fall where they may. I continue to spend my real money, buying balls when needed, clubs when I want too, and having a good time with my friends, that is what WGT is to me.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 12:16 PM

renniw52:
    It will not take additional resources (personnel =$$) to get to the bottom of this problem.

How do you suppose we can accomplish this without the resources (another person):

renniw52:
    If certain members of your team are swamped, then delegate the investigation to another person to check into the allegation

When people get swamped at WGT, they bare down and ride it out. That's the nature of small business.

renniw52:
    There are numerous members of WGT, who are highly trained in the computer field, who could bust these culprits in a matter of minutes.

There are many bright and talented individuals working at WGT. They have inhuman workloads and are still miraculously able to accomplish their job duties. No one here is sitting at their desk thinking "boy I have so much free time today, I think I will start looking for sandbaggers".

renniw52:
    They deserve protection from the parasites who circumvent the system.

This is agreed with unilaterally. This is the reason we have a Customer Support team, and a Community Management effort. If these teams consisted of more people, we could possibly offer a more comprehensive disciplinary system. Unfortunately, as with all other businesses, we have finite resources.

renniw52:
    You read the comments, WGT will do nothing

I would think the men and women who work tirelessly to offer the current discipline system would take umbrage with that statement. Not to mention the men and women who are disciplined daily I'm sure would have to disagree. I think this is exactly what I was alluding to in my previous post, which explained how people have the need for "instant justice".

We are a company. We will tell you what we consider to be the truth at every possible opportunity. I have zero intention of beating around any bushes - I would not be so critical about the company that I work for if that were true :)

This is a sensitive subject because no one is getting what they want. We want very much to be able to devote endless resources to every trouble area of the game. This is not a reality, however, and to tell the community otherwise would be deceitful. With this subject, all we can say is that we are doing everything within our power to produce a community free of any wrongdoings. A lofty goal, one that has not been accomplished by any online community ever in existence, but that's not the point - the point is to have a standard to strive for, which is the best any company can possibly do.

Stay classy (great job so far),

-WGTpizza

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 12:44 PM

Thanks for responding, again no disrespect to any one. I understand how hard it is for a handful of people, to answer to a mass of people. I will not comment further on the subject. Like I said, the multi's don't get my money anyhow. Trying to stay classy.

Ren

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 12:54 PM

renniw52:
    Thanks for responding

I really want to take a second and thank you for presenting a thought and following through with class and poise.

You (or anyone else reading this) is more than welcome to comment further on the subject. I realize I may not have all the answers, or a favorable one, but I'll do my best to give you all the information I know, when I know it.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 1:40 PM

WGTpizza:

renniw52:
    It will not take additional resources (personnel =$) to get to the bottom of this problem.

How do you suppose we can accomplish this without the resources (another person):

This is what chaps my hide.  Change priorities.  You have many resources working on WGT Baseball (I'm not interested), Mobile WGT (pfft I don't have a smart phone).  Move someone part time from either project.  I've paid in hundreds of $ and Renni thousands probably.  Take care of your loyal WGT Golf customers.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 1:44 PM

andyson:
    This is what chaps my hide.  Change priorities.  You have many resources working on WGT Baseball (I'm not interested), Mobile WGT (pfft I don't have a smart phone).  Move someone part time from either project.  I've paid in hundreds of $ and Renni thousands probably.  Take care of your loyal WGT Golf customers.

So now we are getting in to a difference of opinions on how to run a business :)

I won't have a conversation about that, although you are welcome to voice your opinions on it.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 1:54 PM

WGTpizza:

andyson:

So now we are getting in to a difference of opinions on how to run a business :)

No offense, but, taking care of loyal customers should be the number one priority of any business that strives for success. Without the customer, there is no need for the business.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 1:55 PM

GlassMan27:
    No offense, but, taking care of loyal customers should be the number one priority of any business that strives for success. Without the customer, there is no need for the business.

None taken. Your opinions are heard.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 2:40 PM

WGTpizza:

I won't have a conversation about that, although you are welcome to voice your opinions on it.

Hey no offense, but you opened the door on how to run a business with your question: "How do you suppose we can accomplish this without the resources (another person):"  I gave you a valid alternative.  And now you don't want to talk about it?

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 2:46 PM

andyson:
    Hey no offense, but you opened the door on how to run a business with your question: "How do you suppose we can accomplish this without the resources (another person):"  I gave you a valid alternative.  And now you don't want to talk about it?

Fair enough, it was my intention to point out the contradiction between the two sentiments (paraphrasing): "delegate the investigations to other people" and "it doesn't take any more money to accomplish this"

People are a resource, and that means money. The time an employee would spend on a job function is a resource too, which means money. My point being WGT has finite resources available. I apologize for the ambiguity, but did I explain myself better this time?

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

RSS