Forums

Help › Forums

Very close to posting names.

Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:09 AM (74 replies)
  • GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:38 PM

stevietwotimes:

just came across a PRO who has been playing for 2 days and looks like winning a RG with a 29 on kia in high winds...oh boy..

he shot a 59 on kia 18 in his 2nd ever ranked round and a 28 on oakmont...WTF? its just not possible without knowledge of the courses and greens..

That is crazy. 59 on his first day. Wow. Also interesting that he's got a bag full of nice equipment, but has not purchased a single item. This is just insanely blatant. It would take all of 2 minutes to figure out who's the scum feeding this account.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:27 PM

WGT aint gonna do nuttin bout these issues.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:56 PM

pjctas0822:

WGT aren't going to do anything about these issues.

Mr WGT said it's high on their priorities after next month's updates.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 10:10 PM

piztaker:

pjctas0822:

This is only true for eliminating sandbaggers, not multi-accounters

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 10:57 PM

Buggyyy:

piztaker:

pjctas0822:

I thought both type of players went hand in hand :)

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:10 PM

renniw52:
    I don't play for credits so the game was no big deal, it was just so, so obvious that these folks were some of the top players on WGT playing under a different account. WGT is well aware of it. I should have left the whole subject alone.

No way renniw52 , why should you leave it alone , it is posts like this that remind me of the scum that are actually out there getting there jollies playing as a player they are abviously not .

Thanx mate it is nice to get a reminder every now !

dflop !

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 6:02 AM

pjctas0822:

Buggyyy:

piztaker:

pjctas0822:

Naw, the Multies spend too much !!!.....maybe if they're a 'sandbagging multi' they'll get moved up to master after having won only $$$$$$ ? in match challenges and 8 RGs...Result !!......Andy

• Divot1971
    52 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 6:48 AM

alcaucin:

pjctas0822:

Buggyyy:

piztaker:

pjctas0822:

Naw, the Multies spend too much !!!.....maybe if they're a 'sandbagging multi' they'll get moved up to master after having won only $$$ ? in match challenges and 8 RGs...Result !!......Andy

An once they won enough credits they will just open a new account and buy more clubsand the problem is still here with wgt getting another payday

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:57 AM

We have a lot of passionate players in this thread  :)

WGT will never turn it's disciplinary matters in to a witch hunt. There needs to be a separation between the community and the discipline records of individual players for ethical, not to mention legal reasons.

I understand how frustrating the situation is. You initially report a sandbagger/multi-accounter, and after some investigation WGT may be able to take corrective action. Even then, WGT can not inform you that "justice has been done" and we can not ban people from the website, only an account. There are many ways to circumvent disciplinary actions given, which possibly means offenders being brought back in to the community.

When you give the initial player report, you are not given instant satisfaction. This seems to be the core of the frustration I read in this thread, please correct me if I'm wrong. What I think I see requested here is a way for players to decide which players stay or go, and they want their decisions carried out swiftly and without question, for any delay would only mean keeping the unwanted presence that much longer within the community.

Imagine, for a second, that we had that system. You think a player is cheating? You press a button and WGT staff members will find them and permanently disable their account. Is that justice? I think not. I think every single person deserves, at the very least, an investigation of the claims against them. I also think this investigation should be a private matter, between the player and WGT. This philosophy has proven to be paramount in developing healthy communities throughout the ages, and is not only a philosophy that WGT wholly subscribes to, but it has also found it's way in to our legal system. We can not and will not persecute without investigation, and the details will not be made public by WGT.

If the company World Golf Tour had endless resources, we would have a more comprehensive disciplinary system. We would have a new forum. We would have a virtual reality golf course you could play with your mind! No, not really, that was a joke.

The point is, we ARE in fact a small company, and that means limitations. We realize there are needs not being met within our community (as well as every other department within the company), and that means the community wants answers as to why they are not being met. Well, we only have this same, trite answer: We can only produce what we have the means to do so. This is true for every company in the world. We will continue to take your feedback and make changes wherever possible, and It's my hope that we can continue to receive this feedback with as much class as possible while we grow the company  :)

At the end of the day, we all want the needs of the community met. It's painful for us when we can't meet every expectation, but we hope to do what we can with what we have in the mean time, and we hope you'll stick with us through it all.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

RSS