Help › Forums

How best to spend 2000 credits

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 14 2012 1:14 AM (51 replies)
  • Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 8:06 AM

Hi,

I filled out some surveys and bought the bigfishgame, so now i have about 2000 credits. I don't intend to put more money into it or fill out more of those stupid surveys. How best to spend those 2000 credits for long term benefit in this nice game ? Why ? >

Gr.

R.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 12:22 PM

Start with some wedges.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 12:31 PM

Some wedges alone won't be enough i guess.

Thinkin about playin the starter clubs until i turn pro and then go for the 1415 credits wgt pro full set (pro+) (http://www.wgt.com/proshop/golf-clubs/club-sets/wgt-pro_full_set_pro.aspx?i=5501782b-3987-4a03-b6fc-7ab5391e05fa)

A bit scared for faster speedmeters though...

Cheers,

R.

• spraypantscorona
    121 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 2:06 PM

Trust me in the end you will have NO CHOICE . The better clubs  come with a faster meter speeds , I learned the hard way ,,,,, had the Raptures because of the slower meter,  used them most of the way  as a  TM, but they just were not cutting it , So i bit the bullet and bought  the R 11,s , and yes meter is faster but my god what a diff  they made in my game , Where  before i was shooting  33,  34 , on BPB . I started shooting 31, 30, and even 29 on the front nine . Get clubs with a high loft to them is my best advice , and get wedges  with SPIN ,, this will make a world of  diff

• skibag
    155 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 2:06 PM

i had the level 15 2.0 burners for ages when i started,only 1250,did the job nicely,fast swing speed can be tough but just keep hittin em! you'l get there

keep swingin

skibag

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:48 PM

I'll take a sleeve of Nikes.  ;-)

If you are worried about meter speed,  try playing with the free ball a few practice rounds.  Then try some balls with feel,  it will make the meter seem much slower that way.

Even the nikes tend to seem fast to me after a while.  I just switch to a ball with less feel for a round and then back to nike and it seems slow again.

But,  I find that sometimes I play better with the faster meter. YMMV

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 10:51 PM

Don't waste ur money on anything but 3 wedges, get the pings at 200 each, they will take u all the way to Master, at least they did for me and starter clubs.

Use the G12-S ball until u r credit rich.

I waited until level 79 before i bought irons, the burners.

The joy when u eventually get there and buy them is indescribable.

There is also avery cheap but very good driver for 250c's, will get u 245 yards plus

WGT Tour Pro Plus I think

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2012 12:20 AM

World Golf Tour Tour Starter Yellow Iron Set (Steel) (L9+)

I suggested these to my friend on here when he became an Amateur. Now there only 300 credits and are level 9+ but do not let that fool you. They are the only High Trajectory irons in this class and are decent for the price. He went all the way to Tour Pro tier with these. Along with some inexpensive WGT single dot for spin balls you can have fun watching your scores drop. I got these with a few videos and surveys as well as the Ping Tour wedges for 110 credits and did not spend a dime filling his golf bag. Told him to watch the videos and use his credits for decent WGT balls and the rest is history. Just hope I make it to Master tier before him LOL

Happy Golfing!

Joe 

P.S. Also he used his credits for the level 19+ Ghost putter which is very forgiving.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2012 12:44 AM

I agree to 2, later 3 custom wedges.

Instead of a cheap driver I still propose a decent 3WD. I had the lvl 47 Rapture, and there's even a better one in the 30s levels. They give a 240 yds shot from the tee plus(!) another quality shot from the fairway.

3 high class wedges + 3WD are in the given budget.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:26 AM

Turned pro and bought the 1415c set as mentioned before..... to find out it is near unplayable with standard balls. Ok, doing a 9 holes stroke game most holes go better then before, but the rediculous meterspeed overrules any progress, because of the mis-hits you get every now and then. So in order to keep having fun playing, you must keep puting more and more money into it. A couple of hundred credits for some balls..... remember... these are VIRTUAL balls, not real ones. And they wear faster then you can blink your eyes. I wonder how much money people leave here.

Starting to dislike the game now already. I feel the owners of this game/site really do there very best to pull as much money as possible out of my purse. Wtf do i get these commercials for at the start of each game, if I have to pay (near) real-equipment-retail-market-prices for VIRTUAL equipment... I could just as well go play the real game then. 500c = 5$ for some VIRTUAL BALLS, that won't even last a week... HAS EVERYONE GONE CRAZY ?

Maybe developpers can create some ever lasting balls that are useable (slower meterspeed) with the pro-entry-level clubs.... and overall.... lowering prices of virtual equipment to some reasonable level would help me (and i guess a lot  more players) get rid of the feeling they are being ripped off.

R.

RSS