Help › Forums

How best to spend 2000 credits

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 14 2012 1:14 AM (51 replies)
  • Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:30 AM

Here's what I'm doing:

I started with the goal to become pro, so I could buy the set I bought. Knowing the faster meter speeds would take time to get used to, but probably give me benefit in the long run.

Now I play less stroke play and more blitz and closest to the hole, so I become better without messing up my average (for I am still getting used to the faster speed meter).

So far I play at least a game a day, so leveling up goes rather fast.

My question in return: What 3 wd is best ? (Yes, I will as well search the forum) and what wedges is everybody talking about ? "Some wedges" ? I do already have "some wedges". What's wrong with them ?

Regards,

R.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2012 1:38 AM

oneeyedjohn:

Depends a lot on what ur ambitions are... and how much u play.

The ambitions were stated in Post #1 - once and never again spend 2000 crs.

oneeyedjohn:

If u intend to go all the way to level 90 lets say, as quick as you can, then don't buy anything apart from the wedges and a 1/2 decent driver or 3wood.

Sorry, I don't see how such clubs increase the level faster, except that less strokes take less time to complete a round and receive the XPs.

oneeyedjohn:

BTW the suggestion to get the best quality 3wd and hit that off the tee is an excellent idea and a far better investment than a mediocre driiver.

tyvm, that's my budget way :)

oneeyedjohn:

It all depends on what u want out of the game really.

In the case in discussion it seems inverted: What you get depends on the buy. Buy too good clubs, get punished with Master :)

Hit it str8 m8!

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2012 3:20 AM

I think about multi - accounters helping start new/ old discussions. It all comes down to about fiddy nine bucks and listening to a tringulatory theorized investagatory speculative how to hit the "dingerburry". Cain't believe nobody's said ding here.

I ain't sayin' innything 'till I do again.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:23 AM

txzdave:

I think about multi - accounters helping start new/ old discussions. It all comes down to about fiddy nine bucks and listening to a tringulatory theorized investagatory speculative how to hit the "dingerburry". Cain't believe nobody's said ding here.

I ain't sayin' innything 'till I do again.

Really no idea what you are talking about, but it for sure was no answer to my question.

R.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:59 AM

Rockitch:

My question in return: What 3 wd is best ? (Yes, I will as well search the forum) and what wedges is everybody talking about ? "Some wedges" ? I do already have "some wedges". What's wrong with them ?

Unfortunately, you don't show your wedges but Starter equipment, and I take your word that you never want to invest more than these 2000 crs.

Usually, 3WDs of (first) choice may be the lvl30 R11 or the lvl32/lvl47 Raptures. Alas, they will take you to Master almost inevitably. Thus your WGT set may be good enough but not too good.

Apparently you have the lvl 18 Ping wedges - good choice for your purpose IMHO. Even when having probs with the meter, it might be worth to install them. More ambitious players should choose the lvl38 ATV or higher level Pings/Clevelands.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:24 AM

alosso:
    Unfortunately, you don't show your wedges but Starter equipment....

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I have the 54 and the 60 wedge (bought as a part of the tour pro set):

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:36 AM

Rockitch:

alosso:
    Unfortunately, you don't show your wedges but Starter equipment....

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I have the 54 and the 60 wedge (bought as a part of the tour pro set):

Sorry, my mistake. I read the clubs in your profile wrong.

The proposal aimed toward that equipment anyway:

--------------------------------

Usually, 3WDs of (first) choice may be the lvl30 R11 or the lvl32/lvl47 Raptures. Alas, they will take you to Master almost inevitably. Thus your WGT set may be good enough but not too good.

Apparently you have the lvl 18 Ping wedges - good choice for your purpose IMHO. Even when having probs with the meter, it might be worth to install them. More ambitious players should choose the lvl38 ATV or higher level Pings/Clevelands.

---------------------------------

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:18 PM

Why u nit picking my post Alosso. My comment re getting to Level 90 was not in anyway suggesting he wud get there quicker wiv buying any clubs. It was my thinking that once at level 90, he cud buy the very best irons and woods available.

KISS

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:17 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    Why u nit picking my post Alosso. My comment re getting to Level 90 was not in anyway suggesting he wud get there quicker wiv buying any clubs. It was my thinking that once at level 90, he cud buy the very best irons and woods available.
    Not trying to nitpick but to keep the discussion at the subject. Excuse me if you read such intent, I just read your comment different than it was meant.

The issue of the OP is not to buy the best equipment, but once and only to invest a certain amount of credits without the need for any more investments. My conclusion of this is, that he should avoid to tier up to Master as long as he can.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:45 AM

Ambitions can grow in the course of time... I'd like to someday become a legend and maybe earn some money back :)

Now I'm level 47 and yes, I've done some more of these dreadful surveys, and probably will do some more. Over 1500 credits now, and saving for....

PING 2010 Rapture V2 Full Set (Graphite Irons & Hybrid) (L48+)

Or should I save my credits a bit longer ? For...

TaylorMade Tour Preferred Full Set (L64+)

Anyone familiar with both of them ? Which do you like more and why ?

The Tour preferred full set seems the better deal (higher set discount), for it includes 2 wedges and still is cheaper then the rapture V2 full set. It only has a higher meterspeed, less forgiveness and a medium trajectory instead of med/high.

Surely I would like the Pings probably more then the Taylormades, but I think the Taylormades might last longer (with the 275y driver) and probably are a better preparation for the higher level clubs, which all have higher meterspeeds.

As you can read I lean towards the Taylormades at the moment. Any reason why I shouldn't ?

Regards,

R.

• RSS