Forums

Help › Forums

How best to spend 2000 credits

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 14 2012 1:14 AM (51 replies)
  • spraypantscorona
    121 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:36 AM

I totally agree with ,,,, And here is the  WORST part , when i play with the unlimited balls the  meter is very fast  BUT it,s consistant, But when i play with my Calloways the meter is slower and all over the place .  This does not make any sense , WGT  says its my computer   thats the issue, And they could say its the clubs , well  i got the R 11,s  , so the Calloways  should be a good fit  right , well  NOT finding that  at all , I even tried the X ball  , and meter is  SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW,  but its still  herky jerky ,   WGT  needs to REALLY  do something about this , funny they made changes about the quitters  and that went over like the stink in an outhouse,  So  WGT  can please  do something to fix this problem

• Aidanspa
    385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:47 AM

Rockitch:

Turned pro and bought the 1415c set as mentioned before..... to find out it is near unplayable with standard balls. Ok, doing a 9 holes stroke game most holes go better then before, but the rediculous meterspeed overrules any progress, because of the mis-hits you get every now and then. So in order to keep having fun playing, you must keep puting more and more money into it. A couple of hundred credits for some balls..... remember... these are VIRTUAL balls, not real ones. And they wear faster then you can blink your eyes. I wonder how much money people leave here.

Starting to dislike the game now already. I feel the owners of this game/site really do there very best to pull as much money as possible out of my purse. Wtf do i get these commercials for at the start of each game, if I have to pay (near) real-equipment-retail-market-prices for VIRTUAL equipment... I could just as well go play the real game then. 500c = 5$ for some VIRTUAL BALLS, that won't even last a week... HAS EVERYONE GONE CRAZY ?

Maybe developpers can create some ever lasting balls that are useable (slower meterspeed) with the pro-entry-level clubs.... and overall.... lowering prices of virtual equipment to some reasonable level would help me (and i guess a lot  more players) get rid of the feeling they are being ripped off.

R.

I'm having a difficult time understanding what  you're complaining about.  You asked how best to invest 2000 credits you spent virtually nothing to obtain, short of time completing surveys.

You chose to ignore the good advice given you to improve your wedges, driver, and 3w.

You're annoyed by the commercials you're forced to watch prior to a game.  Advertisements are what pay for this site.

I've never invested one dime of real money in this game.  Watching hundreds of videos and completing dozens of surveys have allowed me to improve my game by upgrading my equipment.  I don't feel at all ripped off.

The biggest investment I've made in improving my game, and it didn't cost me a nickle, is to learn from others and to follow advice when it's offered, particularly when I've asked for it.

My .02

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 3:56 AM

I'm glad for you, you don't feel ripped off. Asking for advice does not mean you have to follow the advice given. That's even impossible, for you most of the times get more than just 1 advice, like I did. So, I'm sorry I didn't follow yours. It's hard to judge what advice is the best, certainly if it stops at "get some better wedges".... what wedges ?

Anyway. My guess is you think it's normal to charge 500 credits (= 5 $ of real hard earned cash) for some balls that won't last a week. Ok, you must not pay; you can watch videos and do surveys for hours and hours.... I did, and for half of them i didn't get my credits. So now I can contact support about that.... i refuse. I play with the free balls as long as I like and then I quit. The madness.

R.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 9:45 AM

Rockitch:
    Anyway. My guess is you think it's normal to charge 500 credits (= 5 $ of real hard earned cash) for some balls that won't last a week. Ok, you must not pay; you can watch videos and do surveys for hours and hours.... I did, and for half of them i didn't get my credits. So now I can contact support about that.... i refuse. I play with the free balls as long as I like and then I quit. The madness.
    There's a third way to think about it:

This company has provided for us a marvellous online golf game and the fun of it is worth some ROI. Some players invest their time for it (videos, surveys), others can't or won't. I belong to the latter group, valueing my lifetime higher than 1 $ per hour (which seems more than the usual pay for the struggle).

I agree, 500/600 crs per sleeve is far too much. Alas, playing the Starter balls with custom equipment is a pain in the back. Therefore, I invest about 6crs per 9 hole round, that's maybe 10 $ per month, to play some low-priced but high-valued balls (the cheapest are about 2 crs per round). If you think that's a lot just think which other expenses you have, shopping, nights in town, or other amusement, starting with the other gender. How much would you have to give up to save 10 bucks per month? Or, how much do you have to work for it?

• senec
    252 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:05 AM

This game is not for everyone.Some people like it, some people don't.I was introduced to this game by someone who stopped playing a long time ago....I stayed.

I got a coworker to become a member;she plays once a week and you can tell,she doesn't want to put the effort and the money(credits),she just wants to chat for a while.

I play sometimes with players who are level 80 and are still playing with starter clubs and balls.They enjoy the game that way  and that's ok.

It's like if your doing a hard crossword puzzle,most people do half and throw it away,others will keep it for a week until they've solved it.

Persistence;wanting to be better ,competing with others and more important with yourself.

Yes it's maddening to loose a brand new nike ball in the water,but hitting it just over the water to get to the green in two on a par five is priceless.

I love this game and I can tell after reading Rock...'s first posts,he won't last;and that's too bad,but that's everyone's choice.Persist or quit.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:12 PM

Rockitch:

Hi,

I filled out some surveys and bought the bigfishgame, so now i have about 2000 credits. I don't intend to put more money into it or fill out more of those stupid surveys. How best to spend those 2000 credits for long term benefit in this nice game ? Why ? >

Gr.

R.

Your best bet , is to sit tight. You are in position right now where you will only waste your credits. Your level is too low for purchasing decent wedges. Right now you can really only afford a decent driver. Get the Ping Rapture lvl 32 driver. You cant afford a decent set of irons or a mutiple purchase of upgrades. So your best bet is to wait level up some more and then upgrade. If they are available to you , do the videos and some more surveys for free credits. Make your upgrades count and spend your credits wisely.Hope this helps. Happy Swinging

• Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 1:32 PM

I agree dont waste then now ,wait till you can get the G20 driver

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 3:00 PM

I respect all given opinions but in the end I still think this:

This game is still in the beta stage and we are all beta testers. Really no point of arguing there.

Soon (probably when the game leaves the beta stages) more and more real advertisements will be played and earned money for by the owners of this site. This has to be the main source of income, for I just think all this virtual equipment is way, way overpriced. Like so far off scale you can't even see the scale anymore. Just my 2 cents (yes, I am a cheap guy).

Still, regards.

R.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 5:37 PM

I get the feeling any advice we offer here is wasted.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 8:52 PM

oneeyedjohn:

I get the feeling any advice we offer here is wasted.

Occasionally true as with this post. However the positive side is anyone who reads this post in the future and in a similar position, hopefully won't make the same poor choice - so the OP may have saved someone else's credits in the long term.

RSS