Forums

Help › Forums

How best to spend 2000 credits

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 14 2012 1:14 AM (51 replies)
  • spraypantscorona
    121 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:12 PM

LOL,, you may be cheap but  so what . In the end any one who makes Legend  has to spend the  Moola , that is the bottomline ... So far i have bought  three sets of irons ,, two drivers ,  two putters , and some odd and end  wedges , and thats it .  I,m all done . THe balls is  where WGT is making some REAL money , Remember the clubs last forever   LOL  .. Man  i,m an addicted , but now as Legend  ( which i suck at )  i just have fun , and   what ever happens ,,,  happens ..

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:45 PM

The most important thing.... Is to have Fun. If your not having fun then it's time for a break :)

You have the clubs know 'Spray'....  keep using em and get better at how you play.

2 yrs ago (I think) i got the Daytona Putter you have,  and it's the best putter I have tried... for me that is....  tried a few others... but kept coming back to my old faithful.

I think... A good driver off the Tee... to get the distance is very important..  then if you have good irons, doesn't what they are, as long as you know how to use em.

Learn how to use your putters...  that's the key to a good game.

The game can get expensive....  and yes, you might have to spend a little to get good clubs.... but if you know how to play those clubs, it doesn't matter what you have.

Golf Balls might be another story,    but same theory... I've seen heaps of people using the starter balls, shooting very good scores.

The best club in my bag... apart from the putter... is the R11 (s) 3 wood....  that thing is a beast,  but a high level to purchase.

-Roger

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:53 PM

Are you serious the R11s  3 wood, I have never heard anyone give praise to that club. Please tell me more becuase I was dead set on getting it until I heard all the negative stuff about it, like no different at all to the normal r11 3  wood.

I am here to be convinced.

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 5:24 PM

Sounds like the 2000c is dust now.. 

but 3 ping wedges which are about lvl 40 or 42 i think?? for 600c.. wouldve been the best way to start, forget about pro irons, they out-date themselves very quickly

I think the first thing I bought was actually the lvl 19 spider putter, and I still got it ;)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 5:28 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Are you serious the R11s  3 wood, I have never heard anyone give praise to that club. Please tell me more becuase I was dead set on getting it until I heard all the negative stuff about it, like no different at all to the normal r11 3  wood.

I am here to be convinced.

Surely you can't be serious (as long as don't call me shirly...lol) sorry ...  great film...lol

Comparing the R11 clubs....  

Drivers....   there is about a 5 yard difference btween them...  depends on bounce on the fairway...  not much difference.

The R11 (s) 3 wood goes further than the normal R11 3wood. and has allot more forgiveness.

I recommend the club to anybody !

Apart from my Putter.......  the best club I have got by far :)

-Roger

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:44 AM

Rockitch:
    now i have about 2000 credits. I don't intend to put more money into it or fill out more of those stupid surveys. How best to spend those 2000 credits for long term benefit in this nice game ? Why ?
    Coming back to the original question and thinking of my own history, I see quite a problem:

As a Pro like you, I bought equipment for about 800 crs, a 3WD + two wedges (add a Rossa putter to get to 1500 xrs), had a lot of fun with it as a Pro and TP,

until it took me to Master!

At that point, I had to dig deep into my purse to get to contention from the longer tees.

That said, there are two possible ways to spend 2000 crs one time only:

- Buy equipment to eventually contend as a prospective Master, or

- buy equipment that won't bring you there too soon.

The first feat may be ambitious, 3000 crs fit better but may still not be enough (e.g. lvl 48 Raptures @3300 crs).

The second means not to win too much length but to maximize the fun. I see that you bought the WGT Pro set (1415 crs), a good choice with a 245 yds driver. I can't tell how those wedges perform in chips and pitches. Perhaps two Ping wedges may be a good extention, or a Rossa or Spider putter.

Alternatively, spend your money in the cheapest of WGT balls. They improve the game with slower meter and more precision (at least). The investment should be about 1 cr per 9 hole game. Thus the remaining 585 crs may be worth a year's fun!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 3:36 PM

Ok Roger, I hear what u say, but am not totally convinced. I wanna see u in action, so I'll send a friend request and we can play together.

Now where do I hit my 3 wood a lot.....I'll let u work that one out.

I flip flop between 4 wedges and 3 wd bag set up, so that is why I need more convincing that it is worth the investment for a club I will only use once or twice in a round.

• Kragwwyn
    88 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:41 PM

The Lynx LX5 10.5 Driver is only 200 credits.  280-295 yards on the fairways 93%.  Best value for low-cost clubs.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2012 4:29 AM

mantis0014:

The most important thing.... Is to have Fun. If your not having fun then it's time for a break :)

Surely still having fun. Furthermore I like to let you all know that the advice is certainly not wasted.

I said my thing about the pricing (of especially the balls), so I'll stop wining about that, though my opinion certainly still stands. I understand I by myself am not going to change something that apparently is a success. That makes me wonder though if I'm starting to go crazy, or the whole world is ? :)

So, the challenge is up to me to see how far I can get playing free balls only. I might be prepared to do the occasional investment in some wedges, putter or driver.... but these far too expensive and fast wearing balls... I'll leave them for others for sure.

Having said all that.... I need some advice taking the above into account:

I currently have close to 800 credits and wonder if I should hold on to them (and if so, for what other equipment ?), go for the 600c Redwood ZB Putter (L44+) (when I reached L44), or go for the 800c TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter (L35+) ?

The ghost spider might suite me better for now, because of the lower meterspeed and higher forgiveness, but my guess after reading around is I better go for the redwood and get used to the higher meterspeed. For the longer term that would be the better choice if I understand comments correctly. Any comments on this view ?

Regards,

R.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:58 PM

Depends a lot on what ur ambitions are... and how much u play.

If u intend to go all the way to level 90 lets say, as quick as you can, then don't buy anything apart from the wedges and a 1/2 decent driver or 3wood. BTW the suggestion to get the best quality 3wd and hit that off the tee is an excellent idea and a far better investment than a mediocre driiver.

I got to Legend with  a 'beginner' putter, and then bought the very expensive Nike Method. I lie it was a gift from my CC owner Maxwere.

I went to master using starter irons, then bought the Burners. 

It all depends on what u want out of the game really.

RSS