Forums

Help › Forums

Posting in the FORUM?

Sat, Mar 9 2013 5:36 AM (91 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 1:23 AM

I echo the sentiments of the previous posters. Do not let age be a barrier and I am sure prospective employers will see your skills. Sadly with the economy in the state it is worldwide, this is sadly far to common but does not mean you are a lessor person for it. Sometimes set backs just make us stronger.

We have never played but feel I know part of you from your valuble contributions to the community and I for one want you to continue and will personally do what I can to maintain your presence here.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 1:55 AM

Thank you all for the kind words. We are indeed a family.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 5:42 AM

opyeuclid:
      I think that you Sir could count on the family you have here .

I'm pretty sure of that..

Andy

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 7:42 AM

Renn...........I've been on Soc. Sec. Disability since '99, before it kicked over to straight SS, which to me was just like being unemployed. Trying to live off that is a plight I wish on nobody. But this game has kept me from going completely loony.

If you need balls, clubs, credits someone to chat with.....just knock on "gv's" door. Sitting on 20k+ credits and would be my pleasure to share.

I learned a very, very long time ago, don't be too proud to ask for help. It is NOT a sign of weakness. We are All here to help, for you have done so much for so many, whether you have met them or not. Keep a stiff upper........

"i had better continue to see you in the short grass".................................."gv"

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:04 AM

Renn, very sorry to hear you lost your job, i know how it feels all too well. I was in a job i thought was a job for life, but circumstances prevailed, and i, along with another 150 people all lost our jobs. It was around that time that i discovered WGT, and its the best thing that could have happened to me.

Renn, im sure you have helped me out in the past here, im almost certain of it. And for that Renn, i would love nothing better to return that favour. Just to let you know, i wouldnt have seen this only for another friend of yours, and to have friends like that speaks volumes of what they think of you. Stay Strong Renn, and keep hitting those fairways my man, good luck.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:39 AM

Once more I want to thank Bob for this thread on how to have fun in the forums .

Now then ,,  I want to have a game   ,,  "   The Renn Open "

Played with your good clubs ,, starter balls  ,   Uneven lies  at Beth page  18 holes ,

laidies tees , low winds  and Slow greens

There will be a Green fee ,  we all have to send Renn a sleeve of balls . Nike 20xi-x L 71 450 credits .  (  If you dont have the credits and stilll want to play I will cover your green fee )

I am looking for 3 players to join me and if more want to play thats even better .

OPY

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:43 AM

i'm game Opy but cant go green till about 5 eastern (aprox 4hrs ) cause am at work ...

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:49 AM

I am also on eastern time , But I might not get on till 6:30 or 7: 00 .

That will give more time to find players for the Renn Open .

OPY

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:50 AM

then count me in ... i'll have a good buzz by then . will need it for the UL  ... lol

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 9:22 AM

I don't know what to say about you folks, other than   !!! Awesome!!!. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. What a group of friends. As soon as I stop shaking and settle down some, I will be available for some AS and much needed chats.

RSS