Forums

Help › Forums

Why isn't this player Tour Legend?

Mon, Apr 29 2013 5:16 PM (66 replies)
  • PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 5:11 PM

DIONYSUS9:
    You are a very blind man Mr Jim.I have said my piece i think its morally wrong and no respect for the system,player obviously plays practice rounds to avoid leveling up and keeps the ranked games for the big credit ready goes ONLY and monthly's,I can read between the lines sir.Have a nice day.

OMG

I was forced to take a work related break some time ago, just when the "Manipulated" thread started to spiral out of control and was thinking: "How much worse could it get?" And then I see this. LMAO

Maybe someone should be explained the concept of competition (albeit a virtual one). The person with the better game will win. The fact that people put up better scores than you, doesn't mean they should play in a different league, it only means they are playing better than you. And then it's up to you to either cry : "Not fair!" to mommy, or start improving yourself. I guess you chose your route.

And as you know (since you played that RG), that tourney is being played from hack tees with low winds on a course with 6 eagle opportunities and the rest are driver + wedge holes, so no self-respecting legend should shoot over 55.

P.S.: I've only played it once and stunk it up with a 57. But, in my defense, I hate Cabo and I've lost my self-respect a long time ago.

P.P.S: And you'd expect someone, who's only a L84 with 317 ranked rounds after 4 years, would understand that not everyone has the time to play enough ranked rounds to get to TL.

Jure

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2013 7:40 AM

I'm just coming across this thread now… You know, I too was surprised that my good friend Hans was "just a Legend" (isn't that a strange thing to say, lol) when the first WGT Uneven Lies Invitational came along at the beginning of the year, restricted to Tour Legends. He was my favorite to win it, but sadly wasn't eligible. 

I'm so glad to see so many good souls coming to Hans' defense in this thread that shouldn't be here in the first place. Hans is one of the truly great guys here on WGT: the extraordinary commitment he has shown to organizing the pre-eminent community event here on WGT, the Ryder Cup would be enough in itself to warrant that claim. (As a teaching tool, any new players, or anyone struggling to get to grips with playing Olympic should check out the many great recorded games as part of that event). But, in addition, he gives generously of his time to help other players improve their game, and as BtoB pointed out, helped step into the pizza-breach to offer support in the forums. 

For someone this good at the game, why shouldn't he be selective about which rounds he fits into his limited time: I think it's admirable (and enviable) that he is able to perform his best in the highest-stakes rounds out there.

The OP should also be aware that Hans is the two-time defending champion of the Tough-It-Out Uneven Starters tourney, proof again of his versatile skills. No doubt the OP, or others, seeing Hans' golf bag full of starter clubs while practicing for such a tourney, might start shouting 'sandbagger' as hiding one's fancy clubs is apparently a dead giveaway that a player is cheating! Please know that there are many of us players out there who love the challenge of playing with starters, either for fun, or in community tourneys, and it's not uncommon for us to switch back to the old hickories. 

On a related note, I saw that The Deviations, leading cc on the site, is also calling Hans' integrity into question on their website. Surely, it's time for a club deserving of the highest respect in this community, to remove slander such as this from their content… ?

• dyjech
    129 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 3:50 AM

" I hope they have received a warning form the powers as to stopping this type of nonsense in the future."

As ol' Bill S. might say........."Whether it is IG-nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of thy compatriots or the vagaries of censorship. Aye, there's the rub." Of an eraser of course..............;<)

"Alas poor DIONYSUS9.We knew thee well"

D

Addendum. It's a friggin game.

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 4:17 AM

As much as I love to read all those positive thoughts about me, I got to ask all of you to refrain from criticizing the OP from now on. I think the main public opinion has been voiced sufficiently. All I really want to comment on is the following:

Corwyn:

On a related note, I saw that The Deviations, leading cc on the site, is also calling Hans' integrity into question on their website. Surely, it's time for a club deserving of the highest respect in this community, to remove slander such as this from their content… ?

It is not really the Deviation Club itself that called me out there, but rather a player with the name "EnglishRosey" who is (or at least was) responsible for the Deviations webpage. Her and me have quite some history because she accused me of any possible kind of cheating from sandbagging, multiaccounting to cheating as cheating at least 3 times during the last years. The notice itself is a joke because I can't have played a Ready-Go after 2 days of joining as my first cash-in was not during my first month of playing this game (which I can prove). Anyway, that's all I have to say about it.

Cheers and thanks for all the support,

Hans

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 4:17 AM

Corwyn:

I didn't know Hans and I were responding at the same time. But I still agree with Corwyn's statement. Can someone, anyone from this Country Club show any proof of any wrong doing on the player in question.

If not get it off of there.

Also Hans, that website has been changed since there was only one name on it to begin with and several others have been added, yours included.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 5:40 AM

mnshiner:
    Also Hans, that website has been changed since there was only one name on it to begin with and several others have been added, yours included.

Yep if my children behaved like it I would would have grounded them...sadly that's the way it reflects...plural..I accept it very probably should not! 

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 5:52 AM

Have no issue`s with Hans , good guy & fellow RC team mate.

Hans is playing with in the rules of the game & also it`s a long road from Legend to Tour Legend if your not playing to often.

I don`t have any issues with a player cashing in, or taking there time to level up or tier up or doing what they want to do (there money/credits) but also it`s there game & the player plays the game how ever they wan`t to play it (what ever that may be)

Regards sunny

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 6:35 AM

Hanswurst72:

As much as I love to read all those positive thoughts about me, I got to ask all of you to refrain from criticizing the OP from now on. I think the main public opinion has been voiced sufficiently. All I really want to comment on is the following:

Corwyn:

It is not really the Deviation Club itself that called me out there, but rather a player with the name "EnglishRosey" who is (or at least was) responsible for the Deviations webpage. Her and me have quite some history because she accused me of any possible kind of cheating from sandbagging, multiaccounting to cheating as cheating at least 3 times during the last years. The notice itself is a joke because I can't have played a Ready-Go after 2 days of joining as my first cash-in was not during my first month of playing this game (which I can prove). Anyway, that's all I have to say about it.

Cheers and thanks for all the support,

Hans

Hans, you are not the only one who have been called those things by her, think ive gotten a sleeve of that too.

Well, whiners gotta whine i guess.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 11:19 AM

Anyone believe in karma... ?

This news just in:

With sincere apologies to the OP; it was just too good to resist. Hope you can smile about it as well! That's a great score by you too, and an excellent ROI. Don't worry, he'll get through his 500 ranked rounds sooner or later, and we'll all stand a better chance!

Cheers,
    Corwyn

RSS