Forums

Help › Forums

So, what now?

Wed, Sep 17 2014 10:48 AM (282 replies)
  • Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2013 4:27 AM

Have to hand it to the surgeon, good job. Back home less than 48hrs after knife was put to skin. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes.

They give you this leaflet to take home with all the "dos and dont's" including the order not to have sex for six weeks. I did try and lighten the mood by saying to the nurse "What about oral sex?" and she looked at me and said "Sorry, I'm a little busy at the moment".

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2013 4:52 AM

LMAO, unlucky Graham. You know, nurses are underpaid, maybe a backhander could have worked, lol.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2013 5:26 AM

lol ..... maybe a sleeve of level 81 Nikes would of sorted that out ;-)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:51 AM

Woohoo, way to go Graham. Congrats on the hole in 1 mate. Bet you sat there for a second, then realized  it and jumped around, lol. First of many i hope.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 10:03 AM

A little something for your accomplishment Graham:

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 10:08 AM

Thanks TWOMINUSONE. Not sure about the jumping around given recent events. I did hop a bit though.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 1:15 PM

Fekdrink:

Thanks TWOMINUSONE. Not sure about the jumping around given recent events. I did hop a bit though.

That sense of humour will help your recovery no end. I hope it is as swift and pain free as possible mate, all the best. Oh and congratulations on your 1st ace Fek.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 8:40 PM

Congrats my friend!

A hip, a HIO, a good start to September I'd think :))

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 3:42 AM

Thanks PaulTon. "Always look on the bright side of life" is not a bad motto to live by.

Vielen dank alosso mein freund. The HIO is a nice surprise but I'm hoping the new hip will be a life changer. Although I won't be able to compete in the one legged a*se kicking contest at the next Paralympics in Rio.

RSS