Forums

Help › Forums

So, what now?

Wed, Sep 17 2014 10:48 AM (282 replies)
  • Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 9:00 AM

Thanks Boomerboy44 fo the input. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I believe a Tournament round of 18 gives you 400 XPs plus "hitting" (what the Hell is "hitting" and how is it scored?) whilst a ranked non Tournament 18 gives you less - I think 200XPs plus "hitting" (might be 300). I'll have to go back and check.

Interesting thoughts on the Odyssey Versa Rockitch. The speed, forgiveness and precision ratings seem the same, though the price, increments and balance are different. Leaving aside the price, two questions if I may.

What is "balance" and how does havng more of it (as the Versa does) help?

Wouldn't it be easier to judge distance (simpler maths on most putts) with 10/20/50/etc increments rather than 15/30/60/etc thus making the Nike easier to use.? Or am I missing something?

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 9:54 AM

Hitting is the number of strokes you took. IMO putting is what you get used to using . and a very  subjective  subject. I made it all the way to TL  using  the Rossa. A very good putter for the money.

Yes you do get more XP points for tourneys. My problem with playing the same coarses all the time is you stop paying attention to what you are doing because you have done it so many times before. Look at your bag a  surprise....  :-)) 

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 10:50 AM

Boomerboy44, what can I say? My heartfelt thanks for such a selfless, unsolicited act. I may never be a TL like yourself (though I'm sure as Hell going to try) but I shall repay such incredible generosity. It's difficult to know what to get the guy who haseverything he wants (club/ball wise), but I'll find a way. I know that's not why you did it, but as the saying goes"one good turn deserves another".

On the subject of someone who has everything, what on earth can I get the Wife for her next birthday.? I was thinking of a nice hew hammer drill. As mine, sorry Her's, is broken.

PS. If you knew the Wife you'd understand the use of capitals!

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 12:18 PM

Fekdrink:
    On the subject of someone who has everything, what on earth can I get the Wife for her next birthday.? I was thinking of a nice hew hammer drill. As mine, sorry Her's, is broken.

A wgt gift card :)

Btw precission on the Odyssey is half a dot more as well, besides the whole dot of balance....been trying to find out what balance exactly is....trying...

R.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:00 PM

Rockitch:

Fekdrink:

A wgt gift card :)

Btw precission on the Odyssey is half a dot more as well, besides the whole dot of balance....been trying to find out what balance exactly is....trying...

R.

I bought mine a new bag and belt,i will say the Hoover has never worked as good ;)

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 3:08 PM

Fekdrink:

Boomerboy44, what can I say? My heartfelt thanks for such a selfless, unsolicited act. I may never be a TL like yourself (though I'm sure as Hell going to try) but I shall repay such incredible generosity. It's difficult to know what to get the guy who haseverything he wants (club/ball wise), but I'll find a way. I know that's not why you did it, but as the saying goes"one good turn deserves another".

PS. If you knew the Wife you'd understand the use of capitals!

Pay it forward.....Boomer

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 1:50 AM

Understood Boomerboy44, I shall pass downwards to a deserving cause. Nonetheless I remain very, very grateful.

Rockitch. I must be going mad. The Level 70 Versa looks to have (dot wise) the following:- Precision 4, Forgiveness 3 1/2, Balance 4 1/2, whilst the Level 77 Method respectively 4, 3 1/2 and 4. Perhaps we get better Nikes over here in the UK!

Re balance, after much research, the consensus appears to be that more dots mean the ball will hold the aimed line for a greater distance before falling off. So presumably better for longer putts - definitely needed given my starter irons often land me in the wrong country.

As for the suggestions by yourself and pdxdriver for the Wife's (aka the Boss) presents, good calls both, but She really does need that hammer drill. And a new chainsaw  wouldn't go amiss either. I should point out that Her birthday isn't until December but there's some jobs I, sorry She, really needs to do this weekend.

And anyway what woman could possibly be upset with a surprise present out of the blue?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 2:20 AM

Fekdrink:
    what on earth can I get the Wife for her next birthday.?

Get her what I got my EX Wife. When I asked her what did she want, she said, don't get me anything..........so thats what I did. BAD MOVE lol, what a woman says and what a woman really means are two different things!  As I said, was my ex, I have learnt and progressed  - like a tier progression, just more expensive :))

And good luck with a hammer drill for her, I am sure she would love one.....NOT lol but marginally better than a carpet sweeper.

PS better add some screws and some wood, and shes on her way to making a coffin for ya!

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 4:08 AM

I think theRossa and Versa are closley related in the "missed ding" style of putting. Flatter greens are easier to see the effectiveness. Bigger breaks are what I'm still tryin' to figure out.

Am I close in theses assumptions? I've had so many kick ins left I probably shouldn't even say anything, though, hehhee

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:32 AM

Fekdrink:
    Rockitch. I must be going mad

No you're not. I somehow managed to miss-read the dots. Oops...excuse me for the confusion.

I have btw a hard time with the "falling of a line" explanation of balance. Doesn't really explain me very much. What does it say ? That with less balance the ball will make a hard right after 5 yards or so ? Even on a totally flat green ?

:)

R.

RSS