• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 1:34 AM

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 1:43 AM

bypass07:

a Canadian bank has never failed

A walk around New York and Boston, drives that home. Canadian's now own their banks. China owns their debt. Keep electing those Republican's please, I figure 1 more term of republicans after Obama and I will own some nice retirement property for a couple thousand of those loonies.

Ok, I need to stop this America bashing, but I really do love my neighbors to the south, I just wish they loved themselves as much as I love them.

Loved watching the Boston Toronto game, Boston won at home in the TD Gardens.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 8:02 AM

27stitches:

CerinoDevoti:

Canadians think they know a lot about the US. Americans don't care about Canada. :-)

no comment necessary - other than you missed a few lessons Momma and Poppa were trying to teach you !! sounds like grade 3 were the best 5 years of your life !!!

Your reply is cute and all but I actually made a point. We don't get Canadian TV. I see absolutely nothing about Canada on TV. It's my understanding that a whole lot of US network TV is available to watch in Canada. You have the opportunity to form opinions on the US based on what you see on TV(like Steve in this thread). We see nothing so we don't care about Canada. Perhaps I was a little harsh but.....

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 8:27 AM

I never knew that.

[view:

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 8:42 AM

bypass07:

I tinks yer a rse forward on dat b'y.

Northland

We also had to bail-out our major banks to the tune of $114 billion in 2008/09 to avoid failure.

Got gold?  ;-)

edit:  a r s e  is a prohibited word?  welcome back to grade 2....

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 8:58 AM

CerinoDevoti:

27stitches:

CerinoDevoti:

Canadians think they know a lot about the US. Americans don't care about Canada. :-)

no comment necessary - other than you missed a few lessons Momma and Poppa were trying to teach you !! sounds like grade 3 were the best 5 years of your life !!!

Your reply is cute and all but I actually made a point. We don't get Canadian TV. I see absolutely nothing about Canada on TV. It's my understanding that a whole lot of US network TV is available to watch in Canada. You have the opportunity to form opinions on the US based on what you see on TV(like Steve in this thread). We see nothing so we don't care about Canada. Perhaps I was a little harsh but.....

yes our cable and satellite systems are inundated by American T.V. and has been since the sixties. but as informed people you must take the information available to form an opinion. Steve went too far as this post was intended to be humourous. i may agree with some of what he had to say. it is unfortunate that you don't get Canadian T.V. as there are some comedies and news programming that is worthy of world vision. it is up to each individual to gather information in order to form an intelligent opinion. we have had shows in Canada called "what American's know about Canada" for us it is so comical the responses the come from uninformed minds. please i don't mean to insult you but you are not taught about us in school and what you hear is quite limited. the purpose of this thread was to be comedy. i see your point and that was one of my points entirely.  watch the video that Jeepie posted - it portrys both sides very well from a Canadian perspective. i also Know that the movie Fargo is not a true depiction of the USA

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 9:03 AM

BubbaCrusher007:

I never knew that.

[view:

Bubbles for Prime Minister !!!

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 9:09 AM

in the Canadian prairies there are only two seasons.    Winter and construction !

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 9:15 AM

bypass07:
    we have had shows in Canada called "what American's know about Canada" for us it is so comical the responses the come from uninformed minds.

Growing up in SoCal in the 50s-80s, Canada was on the other side of the world! You never heard anything about that country, LA had no hockey team to relate to. LOL. Hockey in California??!! The ice would melt before the game was over. (Typical uninformed thinking at the time.)

Moving to Upstate New York changed all that because now there was this neighbor an hour away that was all of a sudden relevant. Crossing the border into Canada for the first time was enlightening. What's an Imperial Gallon? How fast is 55 mph in kilometers? What does "oot" mean? Oh, you mean out. LOL  It opened up a new world for me and I think Canada is cool as all get out. 

The 2 things I like best about Canada are Canadian Club Black (they sure know how to make whiskey!) and their anthem. The best line in that ........"we stand on guard for thee."  :-)

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 9:19 AM

Steve2golf:

bypass07:

A walk around New York and Boston, drives that home. Canadian's now own their banks. China owns their debt. Keep electing those Republican's please, I figure 1 more term of republicans after Obama and I will own some nice retirement property for a couple thousand of those loonies.

Ok, I need to stop this America bashing, but I really do love my neighbors to the south, I just wish they loved themselves as much as I love them.

Loved watching the Boston Toronto game, Boston won at home in the TD Gardens.

you also see it every weekend. how many PGA people are toting around an RBC golfbag.

RSS