Forums

Help › Forums

The Difference Between Canadians and Americans

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 12 2013 11:07 PM (114 replies)
  • RachMorgan
    1,243 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 11:11 AM

Overall, it's colder for more of the year in Canada than in America.  Prolly indoors more on average.    So, why isn't Canada's birth-rate higher??  What are you guys doing up there? :P

• 27stitches
    161 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 11:21 AM

there's a difference between an uninformed mind and saying "you don't care" an uninformed mind is a waste in today's society - if you don't know something and care to learn then the internet holds all the answers. in Canada we are taught to be open minded and fair. i apologize for what i said earlier. even our sports broadcasters are fair when Canada faces off with an opposing country no matter who they may be, our education system is one of the best in the world (slipping in the world rankings though) . Recently i was watching a documentary called North America. the narrator refers to the wildlife of Alberta as American. i don't have a problem with that as I assume he meant "North American" it's a shame that the people of America aren't taught more than American history. there is a great big world outside of those blinders. Due to proximity most of Canadians live along our southern border and are exposed to American ideals than Americans are exposed to ours. it is this general lack of knowledge of Canada by Americans that is the issue. We don't live in igloos - most of the stores you have - we have. lets please return to the humorous intent of this thread .  by the way "keep your stick on the ice" LOL

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 11:25 AM

27stitches:
    by the way "keep your stick on the ice" LOL

Ya, you might need it to fend off the octopuses flying at you. Whatever is up with that?  LOL

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 11:48 AM

YJ.....you mentioned our whiskey skills earlier. Thnx for noticing :-) Good good good isn't it? When I was a younger lad, I like Alberta Springs. It came corked and in a wooden box. Made with glacier water of the Columbia Icefield.

I think or ways of spelling Canada are different.

C,eh?,N,eh?,D,eh?

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 11:57 AM

well, I know this much - I've learned a lot about Canada thanks to this thread and utilizing some search engines.  A LOT! (compared to what I knew the past 45 years any how)

so that's good

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 12:57 PM

HacMcDuffer:
    C,eh?,D,eh?,N,eh?

Sweet!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 1:02 PM

The only difference is the damn border between us. I spent the first 18 Summers of my life at Lake Nippising just outside of Calandar Ontario. I spent many years with my Canadian friends at Sunset Cove. We had the same dreams and desires as kids growing up. I called it a vacation, they said I was on my Holiday. I love my Canuck friends and we are brothers and sisters as if we were blood. Anyone need any old Canadian pennies?

• 27stitches
    161 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 1:18 PM

two things you need to know

1) Double Double

2)roll up the rim to win

this chain is so popular in Canada that an American bought it. can't say i blame him - what's wrong with profit !!

• 27stitches
    161 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 1:26 PM

another Canadian Icon

Don Cherry

• 27stitches
    161 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 1:33 PM

in my opinion one of our greatest heroes !! there are countless schools , a mountain , parks , numerous streets and avenues  bearing his name, and coins commemorating him. this man if you don't know him , then you need to google him

TERRY FOX

RSS